General

1. make tip post tax

Currently the tip calculates the percentage of the bill pre-tax. Typically, you'll tip off of the total supplied on the receipt which is post-tax.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As a former waitress that hated getting my tip based on the pre-tax amount I think this is a great idea!

We’ll talk about how to possibly implement both options (pre and post tax) in our our next meeting.

2. Have total bill payment

Im still a little confused. So im not sure if this is already possible or if this is my idea. But when it comes to utilities all parties need to pay. At the beginning no one has "paid" it and all i nthe group needs to be notified. Once everyone has made their payment to the person responsible then it can show who owes who. can you add a "pay self" option or "pay bill" maybe. it was hard to set up rent payment because it looked like i already paid it and my roommates still owed.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve had a few requests for this feature and we have discussed different ways to make this work. While we haven’t discounted the “future” payment style, it’s going to be a little bit before we can get to it.

3. Add how much is owed to the complex.

When you have a bill, unless it's already paid, you can't enter the amounts. It errors if the amounts paid don't equal the amount due even if it is a future bill.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show one to one amounts on the home page

Instead os showing the total amount each person owes or gets back, it would be more useful if its shown on a one to one manner. For eg, I would like to know how much I owe A, B and C and how much D, E and F owes me. Currently it shows the total amount I get back but does not show how much from whom.... Pleas let me know I am missing something.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Traditionally we’ve gone the “running bartab” method, but we’ve gotten a lot of feedback stating that people want a more granular way to break down their expenses.

We’re in the process of figuring out the best possible way to make both types of expense tracking possible, and this will be added to the list of things talk about.

5. Add a feature

Move in and move out dates. So that a user can be automatically added or deleted to a house when the date falls. Also moved out house member doesn't need to be deleted for historical purposes? They could just be 'archived'

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Aza,

Thanks for suggestion. Users that are “deleted” are still archived, so that the expenses they owed money on are still visible. We do manual deletions so that people don’t get deleted until they’ve settled all their debts :)

It’s an interesting idea!

6. "Should we buy" feature needed!

You guys should add a feature where a group member can suggest a group purchase and then members of the group can either support, down vote, or propose another item for purchase. When the eventual purchase item is approved the cost is then split amongst the approving members.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow an option for "Payment Pending"

Often, my friends will send me checks as a form of payment. It would be useful if you were able to mark a payment as Pending as a middle ground between paid and unpaid.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the idea – we used to do just that! In Splitwise’s first beta, all payments were marked as pending, and the payee could click when they had actually deposited the check or confirmed they got the cash. But it seemed to confuse a lot of people. We aren’t planning to add this back in at the moment, but I can see why you’d want it and we’ll keep your suggestion in mind.

8. Allow reoccurring expenses to post automatically or earlier than the max of 7 days before it's due

If bill is reoccurring, it should automatically be posted on each future due date. Or just add the option to post it 14 or 30 days in advance, not just the current max option of 7 days. Most people are paid biweekly or monthly and have to budget for bills further out than 7 days. Plus, if bill is reoccurring, we should be able to see it every month. Ex: Monthly mortgage is $1000. It is June 2012 and I'm looking at November 2012 expenses...I should automatically see all reoccurring expenses, such as the $1000 mortgage, that fall in that…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Demo

Can you provide a minor demo or a youtube video that will help viewers get a feel of the app without signing up?

Thanks

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea. We’re planning to roll out a design update to the website in the near future, and we’ll probably put together a demo video sometime after that update has been released.

10. Allow users to 'opt-in' to expenses

For example: if someone buys shared food and puts it out in the apartment, each user should have the option to join the split (but should not be forced to join it by default).

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an interesting idea! We’re already planning to add some features that will make it easier to split things by “shares”, and this could be a good extension of that.

1 2 36 37 38 40 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base