Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. Have an easy way to enter multiple payments

I wish there was an easy way to record multiple payments (e.g. everyone in the group pays $500 to Michael)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Detailed bill summary

In a apartment or home group, where the names are listed who owes what, you should be able to tap their names and see a detailed summary of exactly what they owe per bill

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We plan on making the amounts that people owe easier to read and better organized down the road. I really like the idea of clicking on the name and having it shuffle so you only see what their amounts are.

3. Can you add a note taking option which is related to any expense but as of now not needed to added.

Like this month I forget to add a expense and the account is already settled for current month. As of now I don't want to add anything but want to keep a note of that, so start of next month I will add it and additionally keeping several other reminders which need to be covered in coming months. But that should only be view-able to me and not other users.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re not currently planning to add personal notes to the app, though if this gets enough votes, we’ll probably do it. You can add an expense with the date set in the future for the specific case you have (it still shows up in the current balances, but is in the future).

Marshall

4. allow for multimonth spending analysis

pull metrics from multiple months of spening

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

I think this would be extremely helpful for people, and something I’d love to see done in the future. I’ll bring it up with our team and see when we can fit it on the schedule.

5. have a bar chart on total balance per person

The bar chart should show one bar showing total balance for all bills/ payments recorded for some period of time. The bills and payments should include both group and individual expenses for each friend. its really difficult to figure out wat was the total amount owed and how it got there.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I could see how showing a graph like that being helpful for easy readability.

We’re actively working towards making our groups and relationships work better together and easier to manage. I’ll bring this up with the team and see if/when it can be added to the schedule.

6. Payments need proper highlight

I see the payments part unclear and almost invisible. Rather payments should be more highlights with some green LEDs if possible. Also I feel they should be right aligned and shown in negative values as in Bank statements.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can see how this type of view would be helpful and easy to read. We’re always looking at ways to improve our users experience. I’ll bring this up with the team at our next company meeting and see if it’s something we can get on the schedule.

7. Email summary for the expenses

If we can have the email summary for the expenses for all / some participants then it would be great.

Please look in the email summary of Share-a-bill app for iphone for an example.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We plan on making some more email reminder choices for groups in the near future. I can understand why in bigger groups going through each person and sending them a single email instead of the whole group could be frustrating.

8. Leader and Slacker board

Hi,
    It would be nice to see who's been taking the heat and who's been slacking throughout the month and throughout the year. A graph to depict that would be awesome. this is typically helpful when people don't settle up when they are supposed to. Time value for money... etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think this is awesome. There’s nothing like shame to quickly make people pony up the money they owe! This is something that I’ll talk with my teammates and see if it’s something we can fit on the schedule.

9. In the subject line of "Bill added by ..." email, include the amount you owe.

It apparently gives my roommate a mini heart attack every time she sees "Bill ($$$$) added by Person".

Please consider altering the subject line to something like "Bill ($$$$) added by Person (you owe $$$)". Hell, maybe just leave the amounts out of the subject altogether, and leave all the details for the body of the message.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add friend of friends as your friends

It is possible that we may have common friends between multiple people who have not yet been added in our friend. It'll be easier to add a friend from our friend's friend list

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Set expense/bill priority.

It would be great to be able to set certain expenses by priority. For example, some household utility bills need to be paid ASAP, where as beer money, and some misc. expenses are not so urgent.

If you could set a priority to bills, then it may be possible to see which bills need to be payed asap, and which ones can wait a while.

This feature is very handy for people that have to be tight with money and can pay only what they have to first.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Putting priority on bills is a great idea. We are moving towards being able to apply payments to specific expenses for better tracking, but I like the idea of visibly showing which ones need to get paid vs the not as important drug store run. I’ll bring it up with my teammates and see if it/when it’s something we can get on our schedule.

12. "equal share" option can exclude old house mates without removing them from group

I live in a co-op house with 6 housemates and 10 older house mates. Some still visit but most are no longer living with us. The number of older housemates keeps growing over time, and sometimes we add friends to splitwise to balance all sorts of expenses.

When I add an expense and select "share equally" I want it to charge only the active housemates. What happens is that it selects ALL the people in the group, and I need to manually uncheck them off until I have the group I desire. It would help if I could define a…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I like the idea of the “sub-group” and see how it could be useful when it comes to bigger groups like that. I’ll bring this up at our next meeting and see if it’s something we can put on the schedule.

13. allow us to save the "Settle up" "Simplify debts" summary as a PDF.

The "Simplify debts" works great and is what i'd like to email to the group rather than the full summary PDF.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an interesting proposal, and one I could see useful with people inside the groups. I’ll talk with my co workers at our next meeting to see if/when we can get that on our road map.

14. suggession

Hi, I have been using splitwise for a while and provided comments previously as well.

I have recommended this site to my friend in my apartment and we are all using it. Recently, we are around 8 family have gone for trip and while dividing our expenses, we thought it would be good if it was in this way. And listing our thoughts here..

1. there should be a way to create sub-group or instance under Group and have only people involved. We have a group "BIGELOW" which is our apartment name and a lot of people part of it. But…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

These are some great suggestions. I’ve heard a few people ask for the “sub group” recently, and it’s something I think would be helpful too. It’s something we’ll be discussing at our next company meeting. The dashboard is something we’re planning on having a big redo on in the future to show more information about your entire account.

15. have option to display debt to individuals instead of to group when viewing groups

I wanted to use groups but it fell apart because it didn't display the total debt for people. Since I imported all of my info from billmonk for this group, groups became totally worthless. Now it is troublesome to assign a debt to a group of people.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! we love feedback, I hope your Uservoice name is for another company:)

You can currently see the total debt of an individual (including the groups they are involved in) on their friendship tab. I could see that having that information in the group (or the ability to switch views within a group) would be neat. I’ll bring this up with my co workers at our next meeting and see if they think this is something we want to do.

16. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Right now the person who owns the account has the ability to change what their screen name is. I can see how giving people the ability to set the persons name on their end would be useful.

17. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow Facebook logins from the Android app

I've found that I can connect with Facebook on the website, but not through my Android phone. Consistency is king.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Vinod,

We apologize for this, but we haven’t had time to include Facebook login on iPhone or Android yet. The reason why it’s been such a low priority is that Facebook login has not been especially popular users thus far and doesn’t add a lot of functionality.

We don’t have any plans to add facebook login on the phones soon, but you can work-around this issue by “resetting your password” on the website, and typing in the email address of the email associated with that facebook account.

I’m sorry we’re so quickly breaking support for a feature. My apologies, and let me know if you need any more assistance!

Jon

19. adding a do by date and google calender integration

When creating a new bill, I suggest that you can add a do by date on the bill and also allow integration with your google calender or allow it to add it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re planning on bringing more integration to Splitwise in the near future (Including Google contacts). Bringing in the calendar is a pretty sweet idea that I could see being a huge help if you don’t want reminder emails.

20. Need summary of shuffle by graph within group

Give proper steps or GRAPH on how the debt is shuffled across the members in a group.

If this feature is already , please let me know ....

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base