Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Allow partial settlement of bills

currently entire owed amount can be settled. allow partial settlement such as 200 settled out of 1000 that was owed

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey there! Splitwise should already allow you to record partial settlements – after you hit “Settle up”, just delete the number from the amount field and enter any number that you’d like. Splitwise will add a record of your payment, and your total balance will update accordingly.

2. Monthly total expenses

In All expenses field we can see the expenses for the month but it doesn't have the total expenses.

Instead of manual calculation if you could provide total expenses for every month then it would be great!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Settling up in multiple currencies

If you have debts in multiple currencies you can't see how much you owe if the debt go beyond two lines. You also cannot chose what order you want to settle up currencies. This is inconvenient.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Both mobile platforms should now display balances in multiple currencies more completely and should show more options when settling up to handle these cases.

Marshall

4. Show us all the Data.

I noticed today that there are just last 5 months of data and transactions are shown what if I need to see more or all the transaction since I joined the split-wise.

Please advice and have us an ability to select how much data you wants to see and you can store that data on our phone. Not on your server.

Thank You,
    KruPesh Patel

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the confusion! Splitwise actually keeps all of your data indefinitely – if you’re no longer seeing an old expense, it’s most likely because someone else deleted that bill, or because an old group was automatically hidden due to inactivity.

If you’d like to download a copy of your data, you can always export any group or friend to a spreadsheet on our website. Just log in, click on a friend or group in the left sidebar, then click the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar and choose “Export as spreadsheet”.

5. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. 7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey there – you can actually update your profile picture already! You should be able to change your picture in our mobile app by going to the settings screen and tapping on your current picture. You can also change your picture from our website by logging in to splitwise.com and going to the account settings page. Hope that helps!

7. Third party loans

I have a group with members A (me), B and C. How do I enter a loan from B to C using Splitwise (I am not involved in the transaction).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hey there! Splitwise only allows you to add loans between two other people if all three of you are in a group together. In that case, you can start by adding a bill with you and your two friends, then change the payer to B, and then change the “split equally” options so that only C is involved in the split. Hope that helps!

8. adding person to existing group

BAfter adding person to existing group you cannot modifying existing expense and to split the amount with the new person. The only way is to delete this expense and to recreate it again

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  9. multicurrency

nice but I prefer not to override the original value.
    By the way, Splitwise is great!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1Password Integration

It would be very simple if the login form had the 1Password integration, this way, users who believe in strong passwords can login conveniently.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: this is now available on iOS!

Thanks for the suggestion – I can definitely see how this would be useful! I’ll add this to our list of possible improvements on iOS.

11. (mobile) Option to hide friends which I am settled-up with

When looking at the current balance with my friends, it would be useful to hide the ones which I'm settled-up with. I should be able to see them all when adding a new expense.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: all our platforms will now automatically hide friends/groups that you have been settled up with for more than 40 days. We also have a filter on mobile at the top of the friends and groups list to show only people you owe or people who owe you.

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, we have a somewhat hidden way to do this already – from the home screen, just tap on the “Total balance” box at the top of the screen, and anyone who’s settled up should disappear. It’s only temporary, but it should help you see who you have balances with at a glance.

12. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: on all three platforms we now hide settled expenses behind a tap and also hide friends/groups that you have been settled up with for at least 30 days.

Whenever you fully settle up with another person, Splitwise should automatically hide all your old bills and clear them from the screen. (Right now this feature only works on the web and on Android, but we’re working on bringing it to our iPhone app ASAP!)

13. Add back "Quick add" for expenses

One of my favorite features that I'm sorely missing from the new app. It's saved me so much time over the years.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Quick-add still exists! Just tap-and-hold on the plus button at the bottom of the screen, and you should be able to quick-add new expenses and payments. Hope that helps!

14. Whiteboard on Mobile App

I couldn't find Whiteboard option in Android App.
    It it is there, kindly guide me to it.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Whiteboard is now available in both our Android and iPhone apps!

Android: tap the menu icon in the top right corner of your group page.
    iPhone: tap ‘More’ in the header of your group page

15. Email notification

it will be great if we have get an email notifications about the expenses being added and deleted on here

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this from the settings screen – select “Notification settings”, and then tap on the email icons to enable or disable various email notifications. You can also choose to receive push notifications when expenses are added or deleted.

16. Do some monthly reporting with the categories and totaled amounts

Each month give the option to send out a csv of the amounts with the categories dates description total etc.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: CSV export is now available on iPhone and Android!

On our website you can download your data as a CSV for each group / friendship you have. We are bringing this feature to iOS soon, too.
    ZC

17. Show dates on mobile app

Like the design of the website, showing the dates on the list of transactions would help differentiate between multiple charges from the same place but on different days.

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  18. Set recurrent bill information

Should be an option to set and re-use recurrent bills without having to re-type every month (Rent, utilities, etc)

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Monthly payments

Monthly payment details and settling up monthly wise will very helpful

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  20. Redirect amount owed

Redirecting the amount owed to a different person to avoid multiple transactions to balance things.

E.g If person A owes person B $20, person B owes person C $ 30 and if person C owes person A $20. Instead of making three transactions to balance things out. There can be an option to consolidate transactions between the three and result in just one final transaction, B to C $10.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hey Dwarak – we’ve actually got a feature like this already! If you turn on the “simplify debts” setting in a group, that group will automatically get rid of unnecessary payments like the ones in your example. Hope that helps!

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base