General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Find ATM

Find ATM with cash around user location. This feature is very handy in India. You can gain lots of new users by incorporating this feature. Application like walnut has this feature and believe me this main reason why people are using walnut so often in india.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Ordering Bills

I believe it makes sense to have bills manually sorted by participants in Group. Doing so, it will be easier to arrange items sorted so that people in Group will easily memorize expenses in historical order.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Bills are sorted by the date of the bill. You should be able to change the date when you add or edit the expense, which should let people keeps things in historical order.

Marshall

• Débitos mensais

As despesas que são mensais não deveriam entrar na conta do mês corrente, somente no mês do débito dela. Se não, qual a utilidade de ter a opção de repetir a despesa todo mês?!

2 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

¡Gracias por la sugerencia! Si usted está en un grupo, hay una opción para exportar el resumen de ese mes, que podemos traer a frienships en algún momento. No tenemos planes para agregar los gastos que no forman parte de los saldos totales, pero podríamos agregar funciones para que pueda ver el saldo en un momento determinado. El sistema recurrente debe agregar las cuentas en el futuro alrededor del tiempo que deben ser parte de los saldos. Por favor, envíenos un correo electrónico a support@splitwise.com si usted está viendo un comportamiento inesperado con facturas recurrentes.

Marshall

• 2 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

A high percentage of Splitwise bills get edited within 1 minute of being added. So we’ve introduced a 1 minute delay between when a bill gets added and when people get notified about it. We think it would be annoying to be double-notified. This affects “Activity” since that system is the same as our notifications system. Sorry for any trouble!

• 2 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble. We think it’s important to show deleted expense in ACTIVITY — I shouldn’t be able to delete an expense with you and then also delete the record of the deletion, that would be really bad! If you need any help understanding your ACTIVITY please write support@splitwise.com. Thanks!

• New terms to be added like lent, paid off, etc.

Usually on trips, I lend some money to one of the group partner and I always settle by adjusting the amount in rent as he's the one who pays the rent and bills. Most of the time, the settled up statement says that "X paid Y $100" though it's more like "X paid off Y $100". It may sound silly but it's bit more clear.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • 5 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much! I’m glad you like the app. I’m declining this because there’s not a specific thing to fix here – I’m not sure how to know if we have enough bunnies :)

Marshall

• away / vacation mode

I'd like a feature where you could enter the start and end date some member temporarily leaves a group (e.g. if said member is on vacation etc.). By default all expenses would be split between the remaining members during that time period.

8 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I can definitely see how this would be useful, but unfortunately it would also add a fair bit of complexity to how managing group members works, and it seems likely to confuse other group members. (For example, say you temporarily excluded some people from expenses, but then another user logged in to add an expense, expecting that it would be split among all group members.)

For now, your best bet in this scenario is to actually remove those temporary people from your group, and then add them back again when they come back. While they’re gone, they won’t be able to access the group, but as soon as you re-add them they should have full access to everything, including any expenses from before they left. I realize that’s not a perfect solution, but I hope it helps!

• Drinks category

I don't drink alcohol at all but if I like to tag drinks on splitwise, there is just an "Schnapps" category with the picture of a wine bootle. Could you please add a drinks or beverages category or at least rename it?

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ve separated out the Schnapps category from the Groceries category because we found that the distinction between alcohol and other foodstuffs was clear to most people. Adding a Drinks category separate from Groceries would add a lot of ambiguity for not much benefit (is milk drinks or groceries, for example). We also have the Dining out category for anything at restaurants.

I’m sorry we don’t have the best set of categories for you, but I don’t expect we will add a separate Drinks category.

Marshall

• enable audio attachments in addition to receipts

We have a swear jar set up, so each time the other person swears you add a dollar to the swear jar group. per swear there's a comment for context, it'd be swell if you could attach audio recordings.

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • 1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Add Toman Currency, Iranian common but unofficial currency

In the daily life of Iranians, the currency called "Toman" is more frequently used than the official currency, "Rial (IRR)", because of a lot of zeros!
                          Toman is one tenth of Rial, i.e. 10000 Rial is equal to 1000 Toman.
                          Please add this currency (or replace it with Rial), because it makes confusion and error by the users frequently.
                          Thank you

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the message, and sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately, I’m afraid our list of currencies is restricted to currencies with official international currency codes, so we can’t add the Toman right now :(

I did some research, and I saw that there have been efforts to replace the Rial with either the Toman or a new unit called the Parsi, but most of the articles that mentioned this possible change were several years old. If a currency change ever becomes official, we’d be happy to add the new unit of currency. Until then, my apologies for the inconvenience!

• "Simplify debts with" in a group

It could be usefull to redirect simplified debts with a person in a specific group, instead of non-group

4 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We don’t plan to make any changes to the “Simplify debts with” algorithm. We do offer simplify debts as an ongoing toggle in groups, which we think is usually a much better solution to the simplify debts problem, though we kept the more general one around for rare cases where it’s needed. You can always edit a specific Simplify debts entry and move it into a group if you want to.

Marshall

• Settle Up Option for Receiver only

For any group expense, the "Settle Up" option should be allowed only to the receiver of that amount. In a group, this option creates confusion at times because the payer and receiver both can settle up simultaneously.

8 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We think it’s pretty important that either the payer or the receiver can add a payment to Splitwise, as we’ve found that people use both methods quite frequently.

However, we do hope to add better support for preventing duplicate payments in the future – i.e. if you and a friend both add payments for the same amounts within a few minutes of each other, we could potentially show you a warning when you try to add the second payment.

• Random name selector

In many occasions, there would be a need to get things from shop, pay bill and many other activities in bachelors life. Since this app is extensively used by bachelors, random name selector will pick random name from the group and he/she will be assigned to the activity which is in need.

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. Core Splitwise is focused primarily on splitting expenses, so we don’t have plans to add features that are outside of tracking bills. Sorry about that!

• add sub coloumn.

if in a group I add groceries then there should be area to add individual items so that everyone can see distribution of total. life if total is 100 then inside should also show 30 for milk 60 for bread and 10 for sauce. thanks

2 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We do have a feature like this on our website (“itemized bills”), but unfortunately we don’t have any plans to add that feature on mobile right now. We’ve tried designing it, but it always feels like way too much work to add tons of individual items on a mobile device, where there’s less space onscreen and typing is more difficult. For now, your best solution on mobile is probably to include information about the items that you split in the expense notes, or to attach a picture of the receipt to the expense. Apologies for the inconvenience!

• Allow multiple ways of calculating unequal splitting and multiple payers

For example,
                                    In a meal for 4 people totally $60, person A ordered a drink for $14
                                    Then everything else is split equally between 4 people
                                    But person B is paying for themselves and person C

So ideally I would be able to use the +/- function for person A
                                    Person A +$14
                                    ($44 left)
                                    Then use the shares function for
                                    Person A shares 1 ($11)
                                    Person B shares 2 ($22)
                                    Person D shares 1 ($11)

So ideally it could be done in one step
                                    Person A +$14, share 1 ($25)
                                    Person B shares 2 ($22)
                                    Person C shares 1…

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Email Printable Summary to Group

It would be nice to email printable summary to the group who does not use splitwise

3 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We currently send monthly summaries to everyone who has signed up for Splitwise and have pre-written balance reminders you can send to anyone in the group we can email. We also have the monthly PDF you can get from the group (click on the month name in the expense list) that should be suitable for sending to housemates.

Marshall

• I've got a few groups active on the app, some of which have common members (but not exclusively). is it possible to create a 'supergroup'

the supergroup could select multiple groups and therefore combine the expenses across common members. settlement via the supergroup could then be used to wipe out debts from a certain member or group.

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I definitely see the advantages of a feature like this, but we’ve experimented with some similar things before, and ultimately decided that they introduce too much confusion without adding enough benefits. Unfortunately, I don’t think we’re likely to add the ability to bundle multiple groups together for debt simplification and other purposes.

• Allow to choose bill mailing date

We have an apartment group where we settle our bills on 7th or 8th of every month. Currently we receive a mail for month's balance at the start of each month. It'd be helpful if we have a settings to change this to any desired date of each month.

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I see how this would be nice to have, but unfortunately this is not something we can add to our current infrastructure and it’s not something we’re likely to be able to change.

Marshall

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base