Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Categories

Please add Education as one of the categories. People spend a lot on Tuition, books, etc.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Could you make it so that I can choose what sort of notification noise I receive?

At present, I'm only able to select whether or not I get notifications and not the type of sound or whether or not it vibrates. I'd like to still receive notifications on my phone but be able to choose a silent option so that I'm not disturbed late at night or early in the morning should someone make an entry at those times. Thanks!

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Auto simplify

Add a possibility to auto simplify the debts after every transaction.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Loic,

You can do this for a group by setting the “Simplify Debts” toggle in your group settings to on. This will make it re-simplify after each transaction for expenses associated with that group. I hope this helps / is what you meant by the suggestion.

For non group transactions, Splitwise forces debt simplifications to be manual, and we plan to keep it that way. In a group everyone see exactly what is going on and why the balances are the way they are, which is why we can afford to make it automatic.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Jon

4. Allow a printable or exportable summary of Group Balances

I need to be able to export group balances to email directly to everyone via email since not everyone can pay via Paypal. I can do screen grabs, but it'd be easier to have a table to copy and paste or an easy export feature.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Greg, Have you tried clicking on “View printable summary” on our website? It will appear in the month header on every group. I don’t think we have this feature for mobile apps yet, but it does exist in some form. I hope this helps!

- Jon

5. Invite Friends

Whenever I invite a new friend for whom I have multiple contact methods they all show up in the autocomplete search box. That's confusing because I don't want to invite my friend at the wrong address. Can you set it up so that I can pick which phone number or address to use? You could insert smaller grey text after the friend's name.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

This should be possible on all platforms. If you’re still seeing this problem somewhere, please open a ticket. It’s also possible to invite friends by phone number as well, though the web app does not support this very well.

6. Notifications

Notifications should be shown in website too. Some where in Dashboard or in the navbar.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  7. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

You should be abel to export a group or friendship to csv under the settings for that group or friendship on the website. We do not currently plan to bring this feature to mobile.

Marshall

8. Groups to include couples

It would be really great if there was a way to add "double weight" to some people in a group. I.e. I have a group of travelers that includes some singles and some couples. It would be easier to just have one member of the couple in the group, but have them count as two people when dividing expenses. Is there some way to do this that I am missing?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

When adding an expense on web, Android, or iPhone, you can click on “split equally” and split by shares instead, assigning multiple shares to someone.

Marshall

9. allow groups to be organized into a folder structure so that you can "hide" a bunch from the list.

So you could have a folder for "past trips" and minimize them. For example. (hi!!)

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our mobile apps now hide settled up groups after 7 days with no activity.

You can also tap the filter icon in your group’s tab and choose to only view “Groups with outstanding balances”.

10. Make it possible to view all outstanding debts/credits

At the moment, in a group I can only see who owes me and to whom I owe. As a group of students we use this app to administrate all our expenses and usually people who have a lot of outstanding debt are required to make the next payment. Unfortunately this is not possible with this ap because you cannot see who has the most debt of the total group, instead one can only see who has the most debt to himself only.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. Reverse Bills

Sometimes I EARN money, and I owe that money to my 3 roommates.

A bill is when they OWE ME money. A Reverse bill is when I OWE THEM money.

You can solve this by letting us do a negative amount for a bill. Thanks!

126 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our website now has additional handling for reverse bills/refunds – when entering a bill, you now have the option to choose “reimbursement” as a split type, which will allow you to distribute money equally between a number of people. (If you try to enter a negative cost in the “Add bill” form, it will now automatically change to the new “reimbursement” split method.)

We’d love to add this kind of bill to our mobile apps as well, but it’s not on the roadmap yet. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Hope that helps! Let us know if you encounter any bugs, or if you have any other suggestions.

12. Recycle Bin for deleted transactions

can we have a recycle bin for deleted transactions, which can be used to restore deleted items?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Adervina – you can restore deleted transactions from the “Recent activity” screen, which should show all recent changes in your account. Hope that helps!

13. Show a specific expense for the last X months in Spending breakdown

For example, i would like to see how much we are spending on groceries for the last 6 months. Or how much i spent on gas for the past year.
    Some bills aren't monthly, and the current view (which adds a lot

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Jonathan,

If you upgrade to Splitwise Pro you can do this. If you’re interested head to your Account Settings page on the web. It’s pay-what-you-want.

Cheers, Zoe

14. 215 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow users to filter transactions by their name

In a large group, it is difficult to see which transactions you paid for. You need to scroll back through all the transactions to find the specific transaction you are looking for, and even this doesn't quite solve the use case. It would be nice to select a user to see all the transactions he/she recorded (or, optionally, were involved in).

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  16. poking a person

idea is to add a feature..poke..which pokes a person by sending him an email, reminding about the money he owes...because generally people dont check their splitwise accounts regularly..

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can actually do this already! From our website: click a friend or group in the left column, then click the settings icon at the top of the right column and choose “Send a balance reminder”. From our mobile apps: tap on a friend, then tap the “Remind” button. Hope that helps!

17. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback!

Our solution to messaging is expense-based commenting:

As of December 2013, you can add comments to any expense from the web app. An email alert will be sent to everyone on that expense with the content of your comment.

18. Trip Expenditure per person

When I create a new trip, and add expenses.
    It will be good if I can get a report of how much it costed per person.
    For ex, total trip expenditure was about $500, and 4 people, assuming, we all shared money equally, the cost-per-person listing will help track travel expenditure.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t have a “post trip report” yet, but we do have monthly spending charts in the web interface fro groups (under the trends icon in the far right) and you can click on view full charts to get detailed spending summaries.

Marshall

19. create a separate version for divorcing parents

Hi. I just wanted to let you know that I really do like SplitWise. I know it's great for the target audience of folks like roomates and friends sharing expenses, but I have a suggestion for either an extension of it or a different version. I am unfortunately going through a divorce, and I've learned that expenses for children are split in a manner similar to what you already have. They're generally simpler - only 2 parties, and the percentage is usually set by the parenting agreement.

Anyway, I think there is a market that you could address with very…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thanks for your feedback and compliments! This is actually already a common use case. Is there something aside from more categories that you think would make it better? We submit category list updates every-so-often and can certainly consider adding some more child-rearing-related ones, but that feels almost like a cosmetic change. Would love to hear from you at support@splitwise.com

20. Possibility to add expense to myself

Just add expense to myself for tracking and later edit to add more ppl. more like in a trip where we pre-book

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Splitwise does allow you to add expenses that only involve yourself (though it’ll warn you before saving, just in case). You can then edit those expenses later to add more people to the bill. If you have any questions about how it works, feel free to email us at support@splitwise.com.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base