Color scheme is disgusting please change it

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Sorry you don’t like the new colors! We are planning to keep them, though. It’s definitely a lot different than the old Splitwise, but we hope the change will grow on you with time.

2. Keep Interface simple and clean

Hi , I think , the new color combination have ruined the old simple clean look of website.

Apart from that , everything is cool

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Sorry you don’t like the new colors! We are planning to keep them, though. It’s definitely a lot different than the old Splitwise, but we hope the change will grow on you with time.

3. Allow importing expenses from a CSV file

I am currently switching from a competitor service and I really don't want to reenter all my sharing history with my friends. A csv import would be great.
    Also, this would be quite useful when I go on holidays: I can create a csv file offline on my phone and import it into Splitwise when I get home.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t currently have plans to create a CSV importer, as there’s no standard CSV format for split expenses (and creating one would be rather messy). Importing from a spreadsheet would definitely be a good feature, but not many people have asked for the ability to import, and as a small team we’ve had to prioritize other features for now. So sorry!

If you’re switching from another service, your best bet is to simply transfer over your total balances, rather than your complete expense history. First add the people you have balances with, then add an IOU with each person for your current balance (e.g. “I owe Anna $36 for past expenses”, “Fred owes me $82 for past expenses”, etc.)

4. [FEATURE] Split Tasks also

I was working on an App similar to this for my custom use case, but never thought that having a Web UI would help. :) Great job with the app firstly.

My idea is like this:
    Splitwise - It doesn't have to be restricted to splitting bills. I should be able to list down a list of tasks also for a group (like a TODO, for the whole group).

Say :
    1. Buy Groceries
    2. Pay Internet Bill (Amount Rs 1000) so on.

Members of the group can strike off tasks (mentioning Notes) and the Group is Notified.

An extension…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Karthik,

We’re planning on sticking with just managing bills and expenses for the foreseeable future. This is a great idea and we do have an API for third parties who want to use our system and data for other purposes, so making a third party app that does this and integrates with Splitwise is certainly possible.

We currently have about a years worth of backlog of exciting new stuff for the site and apps for just managing money. We’re a pretty small company, so adding more features that aren’t just focused on that is currently just not something we can do.

Marshall

5. Did not like the new UI for splitting the bill

Its difficult to remember every persons name and add, the check box was much easier.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

The checkboxes are still there – if you click on “split equally” you can check anyone you like.

We’re sorry this adds an additional click to see the checkboxes, but it makes the form so much simpler for new users, and it’s easier on the eyes (in our opinion).

Hope this helps!
    Jon

6. ONly the owner of the expense should be allowed to edit but not everyone . I was able to delete the data entered by others

ONly the owner of the expense should be allowed to edit but not everyone . I was able to delete the data entered by others

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

At least for now, Splitwise’s policy is that anyone involved in a bill has the power to view, edit, or delete it. We realize this can make things difficult if two users disagree on a bill – but even if editing was disallowed, those two users could still just add more expenses to change things to their liking.

We think it’s more important for users to be able to correct actual mistakes, and allowing editing by any involved user makes this much simpler for the majority of our users. Sorry for any inconvenience!

7. payment accept

No control over payment registration and causes confusion. It should like person who paid.. when records payment... the receiver should accept or acknowledge he received it. then only it should be accounted as transaction complete...

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve done some similar things in the past and have found that adding features that allow users to “accept” payments or expenses adds too much overhead to the application and leaves users in a difficult spot of having inaccurate balances that they don’t have any way of changing. It’s just as unfair to have someone send you money and then not have them acknowledge it in the app so it correctly changes you balances as it is to have someone mark a payment as “done” when they put a check in the mail. The latter is less work for everyone, so until we come up with a solution that is actually more fair, we’re planning to stick with our current system.

Marshall

8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Our team is currently too small to support more platforms than we are currently on.
    If you’re interested, we do have an API at dev.splitwise.com.

9. Create an unpaid bill

When I click to add a bill, it assumes it's been paid. This is a bad assumption. Use Case: I want to add an unpaid cable bill to split. Can't do it.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m declining this because we have a different solution in mind for dealing with unpaid bills that will be coming in the next 3-6 months. Handling bills in a better and cleaner way is really important to us, so we’re going to build out a more comprehensive set of features around this.

Marshall

10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  11. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We’ve decided to leave out the graph for now – not many people were using it, and it was hurting performance/speed. We’ll consider it for future updates, but at the moment there are no plans to bring it back. Sorry!

12. 7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Splitwise is all about everyone being on the same page. We firmly believe that anyone with bills in our system should be able to look them up and see how much they owe. We do not plan to add this. We do allow dummy users that are not attached to emails in groups in the occasional case where all but one person in an apartment has agreed to use splitwise, but you still need to split things with that person.

Marshall

13. borrowing books and other things

Is it possible to implement tracking for things that I lend out( like books, tools, etc.)? Also, some of these borrowers may not be on splitwise. I just want a tracking for myself.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. have a app that splits up typical house chores evenly!

You should have a section of your site dedicated to splitting up typical chores between housemates!!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: We’ve decided dealing with more than just money will add too much clutter and confusion to our app, so will probably not do this.

This is a really neat idea, though I’m not sure how one would be able to put an actual money amount on different chores globally. Chores have different values for people depending on how much they like/hate that task.

We’ve talked about this in the past, and it may be something we decide we’d like to peruse in the future.

15. WP8 client tip calc whole $

Tip.calc needs to show whole number and calc based on that. Currently the slider moves through unknown % for a given tip.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. settle up - only parties involved should perform

Now anyone can do settle up for any people... it should be only with people who involved in the transaction...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

I’m assuming this is within groups (if it’s outside of groups, it’s a big bug and we need to fix it immediately, please email support@splitwise.com). Within groups, we expect any user in the group to be able to make any change. This is for reasons of simplicity and to make a lot of common use-cases for groups reasonable. If you’re terribly worried about activity in the group, turn on email notifications for expense updates, adds and deleted.

Marshall

17. interface is not good

the new side bar is good but the old main interface of group and one on one was good kindly switch it back as it was fast and good and convenient.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We switched to the new user interface to address issues that were impossible to fix in the old layout, so we will not be going back (though we will be bringing a couple of sorely-missed views from the old layout). If you have specific things you think the old group/person interface worked better for, please let us know and we’ll see if we can accommodate it in the new design.

Marshall

18. Debt Shuffle

Congratulations on adding Debt shuffle.
    It would be great to have a link on the dashboard page.

Sid

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Sid,

We’re planning to leave debt shuffle hidden away. Most users find it confusing and we’d prefer not to expose new users to it unless they are motivated enough to find it.

Marshall

19. Change 'Who owes who' to 'who owes whom'

Grammar! 80-97% sure

PS - I work on feedback for my company so I know what a pain it is to deal with this. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Anon!

Actually, we deliberately choose to do “who owes who” instead of “who owes whom” because it sounds less stuffy. :) Even though whom is technically correct, it sounds a bit archaic to our ear in standard spoken english.

We love responding to feedback! :) Just haven’t been as fast as we like to be recently – for which we apologize. Just trying to focus on building more great stuff.

20. Only group admin/creator can add or remove people from the group.

Only group admin/creator can add or remove people from the group.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have gotten a few of these requests in the past, but currently we have the mindset that people in a group trust each other enough to not abuse the system. We do have the history tab for the groups, so everyone can see anything that’s been done in the group activity wise.

Currently group members can’t be removed from the group unless they have a zero balance.

1 2 5 7 9 18 19

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base