Skip to content

General

750 results found

1. Lock simplify debts once payments are made

The "simplify debts" setting should lock down once people start making payments. Alternatively, the person that created the group should be the only person able to change this setting.

Friends and I just had the issue where a large group of us were almost done settling up, but one person turned the setting off, made several payments, and affected people that were already done paying. They now owe more money somehow.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Thanks for the feedback! This makes a lot of sense. We currently lock simplify debts when someone has settled up and then left a group, but I can see how this case is problematic as well.

2. Allow for late entries to group be easily added to previously added expenses

I add cab ride and invite 3 people to "cab ride" group. The cost of cab ride should be split between me and 3 people. 2 people and myself join group so splitwise divides it by 3. 4th person then joins group and has to manually be added to expenses. This process becomes horrible when there are 20 people and many expenses for a weekend. Perhaps split up the settlements and expenses so I don't have to go hunting for items to add latecomers. Seriously, make it more like Excel, this interface is childish.

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Save expenses to later submission

I would like to have an option save the expenses somewhere so that I can submit it at a later time. Sometimes i don't want to submit bills in a hurry but want to document it so i don't forget.Thanks.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Zoe responded

Thanks. I hear you. We’re hesitant to create a ‘staging site’ for bills because we think that may cause a lot of confusion — you’d have to remember which bills you had actually added versus ones you’d only partially added. You’d have to remember to revisit the app to actually submit expenses. We’re aware of the need and will keep thinking through how to best let you store info without necessarily pinging your friends. Cheers!

4. Windows 10 Universal App

Please support Windows 10 by creating an official Splitwise universal app. A universal app is capable of running on ALL Windows 10 devices (desktop PCs, tablets, phone and Xbox) with one single set of code.

901 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. save data form data locally

As I was creating an expense, I accidentally clicked outside the modal window, which cleared all the data I entered. This is very annoying. It should persist locally.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  6. 283 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow export of all transactions in QIF/QFX/CSV

I use PocketSmith for budgeting and personal finance.

When you think about it, a splitwise balance is like a loan/demand deposit (depending on whether you are net owed or owing money).

Since I use PocketSmith to give me a holistic view of my finances, I'd like it to reflect my Splitwise balance too (especially since I'm often owed 3 figure sums).

The easiest way to do this in an app/service-agnostic way would be to allow the export of all transactions, as a QIF/QFX/CSV file. Most personal finance/bugeting apps allow import from one or more of these formats.

The current per-friend/group…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  8. add a cancel button to this page

add a cancel button to the new group page

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! I think we left this off intentionally to make the page a little simpler to use in the general case of just getting started, though I’ll see if we can think about adding a cancel button here.

Marshall

9. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! Can you give us some more context on why you want this change? We do list them differently, so some help understanding what problem you’re having would be great.

Marshall

10. Double check your special character parsing on notes

When I add the following smiley face symbol to a comment, the text following the '<' is not rendered, along with the '<' itself:

_<

The '<' symbol and all text following are not rendered.

Thanks for building an awesome product!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  11. notification update

when someone else adds your expense then lockscreen notification should show only each person's share not the whole amount in notification

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi, thanks for the suggestion!
    I’m going to leave this under review to see if other people are also interested in this.
    I’m interested to know why you’re looking for this feature?

12. fix sync issues

Hey,
    First of all I'd like to solute you for a VERY fine app, Really made our lives easier while we were travelling as a group of 5 guys in Romania.

I would definitely want to fix the sync issue since:
    when we all sat down to settle the debts, some people clicked that they settled the debt and the guy they got the money from also clicked that the debt was settled so another negative debt was created, we figured it our quite fast but I wish this wasn't an issue. maybe if you'd let users sync their accounts…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We do have some specific sync bugs that need to be worked out, but generally, you should be able to pull to refresh on any page that has a list of expenses or people on it. Is this what you’re looking for?

Marshall

13. Login with Google/Facebook even for the app

Have an option of logging in using Google/Facebook even for the mobile app

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there. We do support Google login on Android. We may bring other social login options to mobile some day but it’s not on the road map presently.

If you created a web account via Facebook / Google, you can still log into that account on mobile. Just visit ‘account settings’ in the web app and add a password to your account. Then you can log in on mobile using your Facebook / Google ID and the password you set.

14. iMessage integration

Please consider creating an iMessage app for splitwise. So that while chatting with friends we can directly open splitwise within iMessage thread and view and update the expenses.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an interesting suggestion. We haven’t really looked at iMessage apps, but could be a potentially useful feature. What exactly would you like to see from a Splitwise iMessage app?

15. Split the dashboard and collection information according to currencies

Dashboard summary currently only shows total balances for 1 currency, can we split into multiple the same can be done for "You Owe" and "You are Owed" sections

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m not sure this is quite how we’d do it, but improving multiple currency display in the dashboard is something we can look into when we have the time.

Marshall

16. change "repeat just this once" to "don't repeat"

When choosing a date for a bill, the first option is "repeat just this once", which is silly, isn't it? It's not actually repeating, it only happens once. I think changing it to "don't repeat" would be more appropriate.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! We think the “Repeats just this once” phasing is more clear in the context where you’re looking at parallel sentence construction of a number of repeat options. I’ll bring this up at our next design meeting, but I expect we will keep the current language.

Marshall

17. Allow pasting of clipboard image for bill receipt

Allow pasting of clipboard image directly , for receipts in Splitwise bill instead of only allowing us to upload from PC. Many times, the bill receipts will be present in Gmail or Google photos. We could take a screenshot of that receipt by pasting it to the clipboard. If Splitwise provides a feature to directly paste the clipboard's image for bill receipts, instead of having to download that image or PDF and upload it, it'd be great.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  18. Change the colour of "you lent" and "you borrowed"

Change the colour so it will easily distinguish the difference with out reading between the "owes you" and "you lent" also between "owed" and "you borrowed".

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! This probably isn’t something we’ll do – there are a lot of complex sentence constructions that would need both colors in different spots and we’d need to add information to all of them where we would expect different colors. I’ll leave this open for us to reconsider if this gets a lot of support.

Marshall

19. using NFC to settle balances directly between 2 phones having splitwise

Using NFC and bank details integration to settle balances directly between 2 phones having splitwise

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! I don’t think this is something we’re likely to add, but I’ll leave it up here to see if it’s popular. We do review settle up methods periodically to see if there are any news ones we can add.

Marshall

20. Put the frequently used currencies on top

Me and my boyfriend are both belgian (euro), i am living in the UK (gbp) and he is living in the us (usd). This means we use these three currencies very often. When I add something in splitwise, the default currency is euro, and i have to scroll down a lot before I find the gbp or dollar. Something similar for my boyfriend. It would be very convenient if these three currencies would be on top of the list instead of in the middle of the alphabetical list.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
1 2 6 8 10 37 38

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base