Skip to content

General

51 results found

1. Allow edit of single item in itemize scanned receipt

Sometimes item incorrectly scanned from receipt (eg 1.00 instead of 1.80 or little typos) and only way to fix it now is to remove item and add new one. Could you please add option to edit item in place

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Edit/manage recurring payments on mobile

It would be nice to be able to manage recurring payments on mobile. There is currently no indication of which payments are recurring unless you happen to remember which ones they are, and you open them up to edit. Even if there had to be a separate view where you could edit/remove recurring payments.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Please support Hebrew as a language.

Please support Hebrew language. Beside that it is great!

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. Payment options available/changeable in account settings

It would be good to select whether or not you would like payments to be received by paypal or not. Sometimes people, like myself, have more than one Paypal account and not necessarirly the one used for splitwise is the correct one. So adding the option to either say you are not accepting paypal payments or the option the change the paypal account would be very helpful and not require to return funds.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. This is something we are planning! We can’t give you a specific date yet, but we are hoping to implement this feature in the medium term future.

6. Make each entry in "Recent activity" pop open the relevant expense

Currently, clicking on an item in "Recent activity" takes you to the group where the expense resides, but it doesn't actually show you the relevant entry in that group. Clicking on one of these entries should take you to the relevant group AND pop open the edit dialog for the expense, or at least highlight the expense on the list.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  7. 12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the follow-up! We include a more comprehensive backup option in Splitwise Pro on web only right now that we will probably bring to mobile eventually. If you have Splitwise Pro (available in your web account settings) there is an option to export a full backup of your entire account under advanced settings in your web account settings.

Marshall

8. Add "QFC" for auto-categorization for "Groceries."

QFC is owned by Kroger and is a 24-hour grocery store (mostly?) in the Northwest United States.

Adding them to the database will make data entry just a bit easier.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Backdated recurring bill

I have add some bill for the past that should be recurring.
    If I add now (11-Dec.-2014) a monthly bill starting from 1st September it will not add the monthly payment off October, November and December, but says nex bill on January.
    Please add the ability to create a full set of recurring bill starting from a back date.

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  14 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. Make Plates for Android.

The iOS app is gorgeous and I'm jealous.

350 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    38 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks Jesse, couldn’t agree more. In fact, I’m up-voting this too :) As the Splitwise team’s big Android fan, I keep having to ask my friends to go download Plates so we can use it. Plates for Android is definitely something we want to do, but we’re juggling a ton of priorities on the core app on both iPhone and Android right now. But for sure it’s on our minds, and thanks for submitting the suggestion!

- Jon

11. Sharing money function

Thank alot for a very very usefull application.
    I saw that in web version the sharing money has a custom tab that allows people to share each items in the bill. But I cannot find that tab in mobile version. I think that is a very reality function that will be good to be had on mobile version.
    By the way, Splitwise only be used for sharing money without expense management. If Splitwise includes expense management function. It's really an excellent application, I think.

Thanks alot for your application.
    KhiemNS

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We have plans to add the various split methods available in the web to the mobile apps in time. However we’re a small dev team so we do not know when we’ll be able to achieve this for all splits on all platforms.

- Aaron

12. Provide screenshots of the Pro experience

I love Splitwise, but the one problem I have is with multi-currency trips (the main reason my friends and I use it). It is really easy to muddle things up, even with separate groups, which we tried this time round. The main problem is that your entire interface was made for single currency and multi-currency feels bolted on.

If Pro solves that, I'd be more than happy to sign up for it, but you're not making it easy to find out how it would work and I currently don't have the trust that it'll solve the currency problem.

Providing screenshots…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Fair enough! Email support at splitwise.com, happy to send screenshots, it’s something we should put there. The currency converter works quite well, I’ve used it a few times myself.

Jon

13. make pro features more visible

Currently the pro features of charts and search are in the menu under the user name. I think they should be moved somewhere more visible and explicit.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We definitely want to make Pro features more visible! We’re planning some design tweaks on the web right now, and making those features more obvious will probably be a part of that. In the meantime, sorry they’re so hidden!

14. Plates Integration

Find a way to integrate Plates with Split Wise so calculations can be ported between apps.

96 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We definitely want to improve Plates + Splitwise integration over time! Right now, if you share a Plates bill with a friend, they can click on the link and then save their share as a Splitwise IOU. We haven’t had a chance to make updates to Plates in a while, but in the future, we hope to let you do that straight from the Plates app. Until then, apologies for the inconvenience!

15. Reauthorize Venmo

It makes me re-athorize with Venmo each time? Instead of just storing the credentials? A bit annoying when trying to batch-settle up

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hi Brian,

Fair enough, and sorry for the trouble. Eventually, you won’t have to re-authorize each time. It will probably be a few months before allow anyone to store a payment credential but we love the idea.

Cheers,
    Jon

16. Allow us to enter payees (like electric company or gas company) to which we pay bills, instead of just individual bills.

I pay three primary bills a month; gas, electric, and internet. If I were able to look at these companies as a "payee" such as Consumers Energy, it would be super nice. Then, if you were to add the functionality of being able to look at your "history" with that payee, average monthly expense, and maybe some suggestions on saving for bills, it would be super helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  17. Get Whitelisted by AdBlockPlus

Your advertising isn't obtrusive or annoying, and your service is super useful. You should see about getting whitelisted by AdBlockPlus because you completely deserve to get paid.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  18. make it easier to manage reoccuring expenses

I set it up once, and now i can't find it anywhere. Bad UX. Should be pretty central.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry about this – we know recurring expense support on the iPhone is pretty minimal and rather confusing. We’re hoping to make it clearer and easier to use in future updates.

19. Send Reminder to all people in a group

When we send a reminder, there should be an option available to send it to all members of the group, instead of sending it to individuals.

160 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A ghost Entity

Another feature you could look at adding..
    Scenario: 4 people in a house. Bob
    goes on leave and should not be billed anything at all, but yet the old
    records should remain.
    At the easiest level, you could probably get a Ghost check box [not present in the house] on Bob's name and whenever you hit the Add Bill feature, Bob should be default unchecked.
    Thanks!

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base