Skip to content

General

118 results found

1. Add the app to the F-Droid store

F Droid is an alternative app store for the Android platform. It would be great if you could add your app to F droid so that some of us that don't use the Google Play Store can easily get access to the app.

If not, please atleast consider providing a signed APK file for direct download.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    28 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Option of DISABLE HIDDEN SETTLED BILLS!

Have the option for showing or hidding settled bills so they appear without having to click on "Show Settled Bills".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. extend Splitwise to support tracking bets with friends :-)

Probably more an idea for Sportsbet, but why can't I record bets with friends and the outcome then becomes a transaction?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. Add geotagging!

It would be awesome to have geotagged expense entries!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an interesting feature but it would take a good deal of work and wouldn’t be utilized for the vast majority of users. Geographic information can be added to the notes field for each expense.

5. I can see the uploaded images for an expense that I previously added

I can see the uploaded images for an expense that I previously added. Wouldn't it make more sense if this option should be like a basic thing like a part CRUD operations

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add face mapping filters on people's pictures

Add snapchat like filters on people's faces depending on who owes money and who is owed money to add more fun to the transaction experience.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for writing in with this suggestion! This isn’t something we plan on adding. We generally think of comments like text messages, where once sent they can’t be unsent.

8. Workaround for customised category limitation

Dear splitwise team,

I have read feedback of different people requiring customised category by app user, which is not possible at the moment. Although you are adding new categories at request of masses.

My suggestion is that, is it possible if you let us edit the name of already existing categories at least, as a workaround?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion! I appreciate the idea. Unfortunately, this workaround still presents the same issues we have when considering whether or not to add custom categories. Please let us know if you have any categories you’d like us to add. Apologies for the inconvenience!

9. Settling balances

The notification you receive after settling balances with a friend in a group is odd at times.

The notification shows settled all balances for transactions within a common group. If you had other transactions with that person, this number is often not the same.

Instead of showing balance from just groups it would be great if the notification showed the exact balance between the two people who settled.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for writing in with this suggestion! I think this might cause some confusion for a lot of our users who track a lot of group and non-group expenses. I’m sorry for the inconvenience!

10. Make payment from screen that appears immediately after clicking on push notification

My workflow with Splitwise is usually as follows:

1. My roommate adds an expense and bills me
    2. I get a push notification of what I owe
    3. I click on the notification and splitwise opens

From the screen that opens, it'd be great to be able to have a 'Pay with Venmo' option right there, as it's what I want to do almost 100% of the time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for writing in with this interesting idea! I can see how this would be useful for you. Most of our users don’t pay after every expense is added, so I think this might end up causing frustration/confusion for the majority of our users.

11. Création de nouvelles catégories

Pouvez vous créer la catégorie enfant avec sous catégories: nounou, cantine, sports, musique, colonie, périscolaire

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merci pour la suggestion! Nous allons considérer cela la prochaine fois que nous mettrons à jour notre liste de catégories. Pour l’instant, je suggère de créer un groupe spécifiquement pour les dépenses liées aux enfants, et je pense que vous verrez déjà certaines de ces catégories, telles que les sports et la musique sous “Divertissement”.

Traduction par Google.

12. Link accounts with popular eWallets (e.g. Paytm) so that settling of expenses can happen immediately and with ease.

Link accounts with popular eWallets (e.g. Paytm) so that settling of expenses can happen immediately and with ease. Provide the option of settling via eWallet or cash. Linking of bank accounts might raise security concerns but people are alot more comfortable with eWallets. For necessary Authorization you can redirect to the eWallets app/webpage (similar to what alot of other apps do).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey, thanks for the feedback! We have a lot of ideas for different payment options, please go vote for the one’s that you want, or submit a new idea if we don’t have the payment option you’re looking for.

13. Include 'settled up' status updates in the group timeline. e.g. 'user xxxx is settled up as of xx/xx/xxxx'

Sometimes in the group activity, if there are multiple people (for example roommates) paying a single renter in the same house, the list of payments and bills can get pretty confusing. And when cash payments are recorded instead of the in-app payment system, it's not always easy to determine (or prove) that a user was all paid up before the latest bills were added. so if, in the timeline of activity, when a user makes payment in full and is considered 'settled up', it would be nice to have it reflected in that same timeline WITH a date stamp. this…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, thanks for the feedback! We do need to do a better of explaining why you owe what you owe. We have some other ideas for explaining where your totals are coming from that should help with this problem, but I’m not sure when they will be available.

14. Add privacy options for payments. for eg: if a group contains A, B & C. a split is added between A&B then C shouldnt be able to see it.

this checkbox option can be made optional while adding the bill, the payer can check the checkbox if he feels 'not involved' users need not see the split. this will save unnecessary temporary duplicate groups.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, we don’t have plans to support custom privacy settings like this on an expense-by-expense basis, as we think it makes it too complicated to understand who has access to what.

If you’d like to add a single expense that is only visible to the people participating directly in the expense, then you should try adding a “non-group” expense, which does not belong to any particular group. These expenses are only visible to the people involved. Non-group expenses are intended as a way to add expenses and payments with lots of random people, without needing to create a new group every time.

15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add popular banking/wallet links

Redirect to banking/wallet When you hit settleup . Else THE BEST one would be have your own wallet.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We do look at adding new payment integrations when they’re popular and have support for our kind of use. I’m declining this because we have a number of open feature requests for specific payment integrations. Please go vote for or comment on the specific integrations you would be interested in using!

Marshall

17. Bug Report - Edit Expense

After editing a saved expense,

1) If I make a change to the amount, the "who owes who" section defaults to splitting equally.

For e.g. If the previous split was "a owes b fully", after editing the amount it becomes of the format "split equally"

2) If I make a change to the description, the icon defaults to the one automatically selected by Splitwise based on description.

For e.g. The description was "AB Juice" and default category "Groceries" changed to category "Dining Out". After editing description to "AB Juice Center", the category changes to "Groceries" from "Dining Out" based on…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! For better of worse, these are both intended behaviors – right now we don’t save how you choose to split things, just the final result of the split, so you should see when you click on the details for split equally, you should see that only one person is assigned any shares.

The categorization based on the description was a fix we included in the most recent version of the iOS app and has been how Android has always worked.

Marshall

18. Add upgrade possibility from free app

Several friends have asked me how to upgrade their free apps so they can handle currencies. It is hard for app only users to find out that they have to go to the web for this.
    Add an upgrade button in the free version.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

So sorry for the trouble! Splitwise Pro is currently a patronage program – it is for people who like to support us and our development, and the small added features are an extra benefit. By far, most users do not need the advanced features that Splitwise Pro users get, so we choose not to advertise it or make it available in the app.

19. Track the amount of unequal splits in cents

When the bill is 10 divided among 3, the expense is splitted as 3.33, 3.33 and 3.34 randomly. if i edit the expenses and add a comment, it changes the person paying 3.34. so I would suggest a change in algo that tracks who has paid more cents each time so that in the next expense, he has to pay 1 cent less.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We think that over a period of time, choosing a random person every time to assign the extra pennies to leads to a more fair result. If you feel like one of your friends is being assigned pennies more often than others, simply tap edit expense and hit save without changing anything.

20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the inconvenience. Splitwise was down for several hours earlier this week due to the Amazon S3 outage that affected many services including Quora, IFTTT, and Trello.

If we ever experience an outage again you can get up to date info via our Twitter page (@splitwise).

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base