Skip to content

General

750 results found

1. fix sync issues

Hey,
    First of all I'd like to solute you for a VERY fine app, Really made our lives easier while we were travelling as a group of 5 guys in Romania.

I would definitely want to fix the sync issue since:
    when we all sat down to settle the debts, some people clicked that they settled the debt and the guy they got the money from also clicked that the debt was settled so another negative debt was created, we figured it our quite fast but I wish this wasn't an issue. maybe if you'd let users sync their accounts…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We do have some specific sync bugs that need to be worked out, but generally, you should be able to pull to refresh on any page that has a list of expenses or people on it. Is this what you’re looking for?

Marshall

2. add autocomplete (from keyboard) from currencies USD

currently inserting bills in other currencies than USD is painful.
    I would like to click on "$" sign and quickly type e.g. EUR, PLN, GBD or something and press enter to have this currency used.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow export of all transactions in QIF/QFX/CSV

I use PocketSmith for budgeting and personal finance.

When you think about it, a splitwise balance is like a loan/demand deposit (depending on whether you are net owed or owing money).

Since I use PocketSmith to give me a holistic view of my finances, I'd like it to reflect my Splitwise balance too (especially since I'm often owed 3 figure sums).

The easiest way to do this in an app/service-agnostic way would be to allow the export of all transactions, as a QIF/QFX/CSV file. Most personal finance/bugeting apps allow import from one or more of these formats.

The current per-friend/group…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow pasting of clipboard image for bill receipt

Allow pasting of clipboard image directly , for receipts in Splitwise bill instead of only allowing us to upload from PC. Many times, the bill receipts will be present in Gmail or Google photos. We could take a screenshot of that receipt by pasting it to the clipboard. If Splitwise provides a feature to directly paste the clipboard's image for bill receipts, instead of having to download that image or PDF and upload it, it'd be great.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  5. Add localization for Ukraine.

I can translate the application.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. Vietnamese

I would need to have Vietnamese translations.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There should be a "Hide items not involving me" button for "All Expenses"

There is no "Hide Items not involving me" button for the "All Expenses" tab. It is there for the specific groups.
    I also tried to go to the group that I want to hide transactions from and then come back to the "All Expenses" tab, but it does not seem to work.
    It would be good to have this functionality since I need to track transactions, and not just what I owe most of the time, and the alternative, "Recent Activity" tab does not seem to be of the same use. Don't know how difficult it would be to implement…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  8. Feature: Credit Card charges for use abroad

Dear developers,

we recently completed a trip abroad and our credit card company adds a surcharge for use abroad of 1.75% - It would be great if we could have optionally selected that for CC charges.

Best regards,
    Christian

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be useful, though I’m not immediately sure of the best way to include it in our design. I’ll pass on this suggestion at a future team meeting and add it to our list of possible improvements.

9. Partner with Indian payment banks.

Please partner with some Indian payment banks, so that we can settle up in the splitwise app itself. Paying via cash or bank transfer are just to painstaking

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We’d definitely like to add international support for making money transfers more directly through the Splitwise app. Hopefully that’s something we can include in a future update!

10. Reporting

How can I see all expenses I have made since day 1 in all group? Basically I need a feature to tell me how much I have spent by time and group. If we can aggregate by these two dimensions, it's awesome. If we can just get a summary, it's still very helpful.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey there! I’m afraid there’s not an easy way to do this for ALL groups, but you can export your groups one at a time, either by using the “Export as spreadsheet” feature or the “View printable summary” feature (web-only). That should give you a complete breakdown of all the transactions in that individual group. Hopefully we can add better full-account reporting features in the future!

11. Internationalization

Notifications are not localised properly. Looks like the language of a notification depends on the language setting of the user who caused the notification. See: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/391374/WhatsApp%20Image%202016-09-05%20at%2011.52.54.jpeg

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Zoe responded

Yup — this is a limitation of our current internationalization infrastructure. We’d love to improve it some day but it’s not presently on the road map. We’ll update this post when that changes. Sorry for any inconvenience caused in the meanwhile!

12. Save expenses to later submission

I would like to have an option save the expenses somewhere so that I can submit it at a later time. Sometimes i don't want to submit bills in a hurry but want to document it so i don't forget.Thanks.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Zoe responded

Thanks. I hear you. We’re hesitant to create a ‘staging site’ for bills because we think that may cause a lot of confusion — you’d have to remember which bills you had actually added versus ones you’d only partially added. You’d have to remember to revisit the app to actually submit expenses. We’re aware of the need and will keep thinking through how to best let you store info without necessarily pinging your friends. Cheers!

13. is it possible to integrate UPI (UNIFIED PAYMENT SYSTEM) for Indian users ??

UPI is a payment method introduced in India to transact between users and organisation. it would simplify the transactions between users if that can be integrated to Splitwise ✌

458 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    111 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for suggesting UPI as a payment method. We’re looking into UPI, and would like to know your thoughts on how you’d like Splitwise to support UPI:

- Integrate with a UPI app like BHIM or PhonePe
    - Integrate with your banking app
    - Let you send money to a virtual address, phone #, or IFSC from within Splitwise
    - Something else?

Please let us know in the comments!

14. Add Split screen support for Android 7.0

Please add support for split screen on Android 7.0. As of now it gives me an error saying that app doesn't support split screen and throws me out of the split screen mode. I would like to see the support soon.
    Thanks!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

This would be an interesting addition to the Android app. Depending on how difficult this is to implement and if its possible to do this without compromising the experience, I’ll look into supporting split-screen natively on Android Nougat in the future.

15. 15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll pass it on! For now, you may want to check out the “printable monthly summary” feature for groups on our website. Just log in, click a group in the left sidebar, and then click the “view printable summary” link above each month’s expenses, and you’ll get an itemized breakdown of all the transactions for the month.

17. Allow user to cancel setting a passcode

When user clicks on set passcode from settings page and changes his mind not to set passcode, he is not displayed with any cancel button. The only way to go out of the flow is to kill the app. It's hampers the user experience..so I suggest to have an cancel button on Set passcode page

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, I can see how that would help! I’ll pass this on. For now, you can either (a) kill the app, or (b) finish setting a passcode, then immediately disable the passcode by tapping the “Passcode” button again and choosing “Disable passcode”.

18. to increase connectivity in Asia.

Hire servers in or near Asia so that it is easier for the app to push/pull transactions. In China we had lots of trouble syncing bills.

The internet that we had was 'ok'. It could play youtube videos at 144p, so transaction syncing should not be a problem then right?

Anyway maybe increase the time-out for http requests.

All the best!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for letting us know. Unfortunately, neither of these are simple things due to how our infrastructure currently works. China is also a challenging environment because of how it connects to the internet for the rest of the world. Hopefully we’ll be able to improve this in the future.

Marshall

19. add a group chat feature

if you have a group chat feature irrespective of the comments it would be very helpful

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow for late entries to group be easily added to previously added expenses

I add cab ride and invite 3 people to "cab ride" group. The cost of cab ride should be split between me and 3 people. 2 people and myself join group so splitwise divides it by 3. 4th person then joins group and has to manually be added to expenses. This process becomes horrible when there are 20 people and many expenses for a weekend. Perhaps split up the settlements and expenses so I don't have to go hunting for items to add latecomers. Seriously, make it more like Excel, this interface is childish.

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 37 38

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base