Skip to content

General

376 results found

1. Need privileges per user

If i add an expense only I should have the right to delete it or approve to remove it once the person owing pays.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  3. Add user permissions when editing/deleting bills

For example: if A adds a bill, only A should have the right to edit it or delete it.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve thought about this a lot since we started Splitwise, and we think it’s important that anyone involved in an expense be allowed to edit or delete it. (We also think this is true for anyone in the same group as an expense, even if you’re not directly involved.) We don’t expect to add permissions in the near future.

You can read more about our reasoning here: http://feedback.splitwise.com/knowledgebase/articles/89944-why-can-other-people-edit-or-delete-expenses-that-

4. Develop an app for BB10.

Develop an app for BB10. I'm currently testing a BB10 dev alpha and would like splitwise in that. I can develop one if given the proper APIs in my spare time.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. New Updates..PLZ!!

This new update makes this website so confusing! Before your update this website worked perfectly for all my roomate b/c we could all easily track the payments and who pays who etc. Now this is all over the place.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  6. Simplify Debt for iOS App

It would be nice if we could simplify debt amongst an arbitrary set of friends from the iOS App. We can do this on the web interface (though I contend it is still a little hard to find this feature), but the feature appears to be missing from the mobile version.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi Yazz,

This seems way out of scope for us. We generally expect people to put in the total amount after tax for expenses. Where would we use the tax?

Marshall

8. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve decided to leave out the graph for now – not many people were using it, and it was hurting performance/speed. We’ll consider it for future updates, but at the moment there are no plans to bring it back. Sorry!

9. Website: left-hand side bar doesn't scroll

The friends tab on the left does not scroll, you can see only a limited people from the list if I am not wrong. Would be great if you could fix this.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. View accounts between any two friends

Typically I am only able to see what I owe my friends or vice versa. It would be a little more convenient if I could view the accounts between any two friends..This would be useful when either of them is unavailable to sort the accounts or if I want to settle up the accounts on their behalf.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For privacy reasons, we don’t let users view balances between their friends – it would open up quite a can of worms. However, it sounds like you might find it useful to create a group, which allows you to see and manage all expenses within that group, including expenses that may not involve you personally.

11. Should be able to include a friend who is not in a group to an expense

There are a lot of occasions where in friends from outside the group hangout with us. Currently there is no way to include those friends in addition to group in an expense.

Can you please implement.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable email notifications by default

I added new bills, but since friends do not get notified, no one bothers to pay. Sucks big time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We send a monthly summary to all users unless they login and turn this off. We want to avoid having people feel like they are being spammed by the system, so the email on every expense add is turned off by default. You can send a balance reminder through us from the web or apps pretty easily and we’ve got a politely worded default email so doing that should be pretty easy.

Marshall

13. [FEATURE] Split Tasks also

I was working on an App similar to this for my custom use case, but never thought that having a Web UI would help. :) Great job with the app firstly.

My idea is like this:
    Splitwise - It doesn't have to be restricted to splitting bills. I should be able to list down a list of tasks also for a group (like a TODO, for the whole group).

Say :
    1. Buy Groceries
    2. Pay Internet Bill (Amount Rs 1000) so on.

Members of the group can strike off tasks (mentioning Notes) and the Group is Notified.

An extension…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Karthik,

We’re planning on sticking with just managing bills and expenses for the foreseeable future. This is a great idea and we do have an API for third parties who want to use our system and data for other purposes, so making a third party app that does this and integrates with Splitwise is certainly possible.

We currently have about a years worth of backlog of exciting new stuff for the site and apps for just managing money. We’re a pretty small company, so adding more features that aren’t just focused on that is currently just not something we can do.

Marshall

14. Have a section to comment on expenses listed by others after posting

Have an option to add a comment on an expense posted by others..going to edit and writing a note is too long of a process..also this way one might not check the notes section or that expense explicitly..comments will be visible along with expense by default.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve made it more obvious that there are notes on an expense. We feel adding this feature will add too much complexity to the interface without a huge benefit.

Marshall

15. settle up - only parties involved should perform

Now anyone can do settle up for any people... it should be only with people who involved in the transaction...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

I’m assuming this is within groups (if it’s outside of groups, it’s a big bug and we need to fix it immediately, please email support@splitwise.com). Within groups, we expect any user in the group to be able to make any change. This is for reasons of simplicity and to make a lot of common use-cases for groups reasonable. If you’re terribly worried about activity in the group, turn on email notifications for expense updates, adds and deleted.

Marshall

16. payment accept

No control over payment registration and causes confusion. It should like person who paid.. when records payment... the receiver should accept or acknowledge he received it. then only it should be accounted as transaction complete...

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve done some similar things in the past and have found that adding features that allow users to “accept” payments or expenses adds too much overhead to the application and leaves users in a difficult spot of having inaccurate balances that they don’t have any way of changing. It’s just as unfair to have someone send you money and then not have them acknowledge it in the app so it correctly changes you balances as it is to have someone mark a payment as “done” when they put a check in the mail. The latter is less work for everyone, so until we come up with a solution that is actually more fair, we’re planning to stick with our current system.

Marshall

17. Quarterly, or yearly trends for utilites.

Right now I have to do this on my own, but it would be great if you had a spending analizer that could show trends in how much user based utilities, such as gas, electricity, and sewer change over time. Basically I know it costs more to heat my house in the winter with gas, but it would be fantastic to be able to give averages and trends to suspected roommates so that I know they are figuring that in when the agree to live with me. Also, though my suggestion is different than your matching suggestion of "editing future…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This isn’t really a core Splitwise feature. We do have an API for third parties to use to develop related apps at dev.splitwise.com that could be used to put this together. It’s possible we might do something similar with monthly spending graphs in the future that could be used to get this kind of information.

Marshall

18. Include additional factors in the rent calculator (pets, smoking, messy)

I have a roommate that completely dominates all of the communal living spaces with her mess (clothing, food bags, mail, art supplies etc.). My roommate also has a dog that is not house-trained so there is an additional "ick-factor" there. Additionally she is a smoker and I am not. I would like to be able to factor these types of things in when calculating how the rent should be split.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

All 3 of these have some pretty wide fuzzy margins and are probably too complex for us to be able to factor them into the rent calculator. (what kind of pet? does it stay in their room? does she smoke inside or just bring the smell in? how messy is “messy”?). I think we had these on the initial survey but were unable to come to any statistically significant solutions on them.

Marshall

19. plz remove uncheck option

plz remove uncheck option

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. improve the functionality of the mobile app

First, I want to tell you that I think splitwise is fantastic and I have had all of my friends sign up!

I think the functionality of the mobile app should be improved so it can be used just as easily as the website

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! I’m glad you like our service. The mobile apps will eventually have most of the features of the web app. I’m only declining this because it does not have a specific completion goal for us to check off.

Marshall

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base