Skip to content

General

376 results found

1. provide option for user ids also

Instead of inserting email id everytime you can also create user names, email id should be mandatory for the first time for verifing after that user can login using their Usernames also

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

I’m not completely sure what you mean here, but I’m assuming you want the ability to add use nicknames for use in the app to add them to expenses? You should already be able to search by name in the fields to add expenses and it should find friends already on Splitwise first.

Marshall

2. Request a correction on bill which is posted by others

If User1 posted a shared bill which includes User1 and User2, User2 should not be allowed to edit or delete the bill instead User2 may request correction in the bill to the User1

Bill may be edited or deleted only by the one who posted the Bill

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

At least for now, Splitwise’s policy is that anyone involved in a bill has the power to view, edit, or delete it. We realize this can make things difficult if two users disagree on a bill – but even if editing was disallowed, those two users could still just add more expenses to change things to their liking.

Requesting a correction is a reasonable solution, but we feel it sacrifices too much simplicity, and is too complex for the average user. For that reason, we’ve decided not to include that feature. We’re sorry for the inconvenience!

3. Mobile Website not available

I have an old version of android (v 2.1)
    The Android app is not compatible for this version.
    It would be better if we have m.splitwise.com with basic features

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We have no plans for a mobile website at this time – we’re a small team, and are already dedicating all our engineering resources to the full web app, iPhone, and Android. Sorry for the inconvenience!

4. Splitwise Avatar

I would appreciate it if you could put a skirt on my splitwise avatar. Thank you.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. ONly the owner of the expense should be allowed to edit but not everyone . I was able to delete the data entered by others

ONly the owner of the expense should be allowed to edit but not everyone . I was able to delete the data entered by others

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

At least for now, Splitwise’s policy is that anyone involved in a bill has the power to view, edit, or delete it. We realize this can make things difficult if two users disagree on a bill – but even if editing was disallowed, those two users could still just add more expenses to change things to their liking.

We think it’s more important for users to be able to correct actual mistakes, and allowing editing by any involved user makes this much simpler for the majority of our users. Sorry for any inconvenience!

6. Make it bigger.

I visited the website after a few weeks, and great! I love the new changes, that I now actually decided to use Splitwise forever.

Now that I have made the all important decision, I will start expecting bigger things. Have you ever looked at Splitwise as a place one stores ALL information about expenses, not just owing but also spending? Something like your personal account book. This would involve rethinking the structure to generalize 'an expense', and inherit 'owing money' from that. May be far fetched, but it must be food for thought.

Kudos, again. (y)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! We do have some big plans in store for Splitwise. I suspect you’ll find them awesome, though they are not quite what you have listed here. The only reason I’m “declining” this is that there is no specific goal we’d be able to check off as we move forward and we do have a roadmap that will cover some of these ideas.

Marshall

7. interface is not good

the new side bar is good but the old main interface of group and one on one was good kindly switch it back as it was fast and good and convenient.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We switched to the new user interface to address issues that were impossible to fix in the old layout, so we will not be going back (though we will be bringing a couple of sorely-missed views from the old layout). If you have specific things you think the old group/person interface worked better for, please let us know and we’ll see if we can accommodate it in the new design.

Marshall

8. keep it simple!

The last version of the website was just OK. You have made things more complicated!
    There also seems to be a flaw. The transactions in the All Expenses part seems to be useless and also misleading!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We updated the website to handle some use cases and issues that were not possible in the old layout. We’re still bringing a few of the old features to the new layout. Please let us know if there are any specific things you miss and we’ll see if we can address them.

What about the All Expenses part seems useless/misleading?

Marshall

9. Debt shuffle

Your debt shuffle feature (simplify debt) fails to work. I have tried it between 2 ppl and got a message "Your debts were shuffled successfully." but when I check in my dashboard the same has not been done. Tried it twice, same results both the times.

Also, why can't we have that feature on Android?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Prateek,

Sounds like you might be having a rather specific problem, or encountering a bug – send a support request with more details and we’ll take a look?

Not having on Android: debt shuffle is a very complex feature and we try to keep the mobile apps as simple as possible.

Cheers,
    Jon

10. Change 'Who owes who' to 'who owes whom'

Grammar! 80-97% sure

PS - I work on feedback for my company so I know what a pain it is to deal with this. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Anon!

Actually, we deliberately choose to do “who owes who” instead of “who owes whom” because it sounds less stuffy. :) Even though whom is technically correct, it sounds a bit archaic to our ear in standard spoken english.

We love responding to feedback! :) Just haven’t been as fast as we like to be recently – for which we apologize. Just trying to focus on building more great stuff.

11. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We think it’s more important for users to be able to correct actual mistakes, and allowing editing by any involved user makes this much simpler for the majority of our users. Sorry for any inconvenience!

12. email notifications

Please stop forcing me to send emails to people when I want to track who I owe money to. The fact that I MUST send an email to someone before I can track something is invasive. You have a great app, but that part is a show stopper. Dont' MAKE people send emails. The fact that I track who I owe money to using an app on my iphone should be my choice to share, not a pre-req.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Splitwise is, at it’s core, a communication and fairness tool, not a private ledger. If you really want to keep a private ledger, add a group with your self and another person and simply leave the email blank when you add the other person.

Marshall

13. Mark transactions as refundable

The app should include an option to mark a transaction as refundable and later when we refund the amount in that transaction we should enter custom or predefined depreciation and should get the amount calculated and adjusted as per the choice.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. to modify default notifications

I made a lot of my friends join SplitWise after billmonk died. Unfortunately, I've a bunch of those who need to be prodded to do stuff.

Long story short, the deal is that when someone joins SplitWise, the all but the notifications for "adding an expense" and "deleting an expense" are disabled. This results in me going individually to everyone's desk to enable it so that they can't say, "Pending bill?! I didn't get any notification that there was any!!"

You may argue that SplitWise sends out monthly balance update, but trust me, if you make a payment at the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We want to avoid having people feel like they are being spammed by the system, so the email on every expense add is turned off by default. You can send a balance reminder through us from the web or apps pretty easily and we’ve got a politely worded default email so doing that should be pretty easy.

On second thought, we might just add a “weekly activity” email if you have anything going on in your account, which might help in this case.

Marshall

15. Create an unpaid bill

When I click to add a bill, it assumes it's been paid. This is a bad assumption. Use Case: I want to add an unpaid cable bill to split. Can't do it.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m declining this because we have a different solution in mind for dealing with unpaid bills that will be coming in the next 3-6 months. Handling bills in a better and cleaner way is really important to us, so we’re going to build out a more comprehensive set of features around this.

Marshall

16. 7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Splitwise is all about everyone being on the same page. We firmly believe that anyone with bills in our system should be able to look them up and see how much they owe. We do not plan to add this. We do allow dummy users that are not attached to emails in groups in the occasional case where all but one person in an apartment has agreed to use splitwise, but you still need to split things with that person.

Marshall

17. Debt Shuffle

Congratulations on adding Debt shuffle.
    It would be great to have a link on the dashboard page.

Sid

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Sid,

We’re planning to leave debt shuffle hidden away. Most users find it confusing and we’d prefer not to expose new users to it unless they are motivated enough to find it.

Marshall

18. to make it fit for wide web page display

It would be great if website page can be created or rendered in a manner it can fill up whole screen. as currently all pcs support wide display. Having wide display more data can be accommodated in a single page screen.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Set up Administrative vs Normal User access(edit vs. read)

It would be nice just to have certain people be able to see whats going on but not edit anything..Recently had an incident where someone decided to delete some of the bills...Now we have to re-insert them..

So I suppose like a House Administrator(s) who then can allow users to either just view or edit or even more fine-grain perms depending on bill types etc..

Thanks,
    Mario

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently we have no plans to let certain people have admin powers. We believe that everyone in the group should have the ability to change the expenses for any reason.

We offer the recent activity tab to see any changes, and offer the ability to un-delete any expense that was removed in case any mistakes are made.

20. Making certain expenses be private or invisible for people within groups

We are a group of friends that share expenses on parties and presents. Not seeing items not involved in would make it possible to handle presents in SplitWise and thus migrating our data to here...

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We’ve committed to keeping all expenses visible in groups so any member can do the math themselves and add up the amounts. If you really want a private expense, add it outside the group.

Marshall

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base