Skip to content

General

376 results found

1. allow debts to be seen in groups when they exist between two people within the group

My friend added me to a group, but when we look "in the group" it looks as if there are no debts between us, which is not the case

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Currently in a group any user can see any expense that is in the group. We don’t want to list anything in the group screen that cannot be seen by everyone to prevent confusion and maintain privacy.

Marshall

2. how the heck can someone else delete an entry I made ?

Your application is awesome, but it has a huge flaw when it comes to the part where someone else is allowed to delete an entry i made. I see that you have notifications set up when such thing happens but this will not work. You should not allow this to happen in the first place. By giving everyone right to delete anyone else's entry in a group you are losing customers like me to billmonk.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We allow group members to edit or delete anything within that group. This is because we want anyone within that group to be able to fix a mistake and have total transparency. If you create a friendship with a person, then the only people that can edit or delete an expense will be the people involved.

3. Dashboard

For payments, its better to mention "You Paid" than "You get back"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. That only relative data to that person should be shown to the user

Entries related to respective persion should be visible to that person and not all entries.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This behavior is intentional – in a group, we believe that all group members should be able to see all expenses. This allows members of the group to more easily correct mistakes and get an complete picture of what’s going on.

On the web, if you wish to view only the expenses that involve you, you can click “Hide items not involving me” under the “Other actions” menu.

For more, see this helpdesk article: http://feedback.splitwise.com/knowledgebase/articles/89944

5. Only group admin/creator can add or remove people from the group.

Only group admin/creator can add or remove people from the group.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have gotten a few of these requests in the past, but currently we have the mindset that people in a group trust each other enough to not abuse the system. We do have the history tab for the groups, so everyone can see anything that’s been done in the group activity wise.

Currently group members can’t be removed from the group unless they have a zero balance.

6. You can only edit/delete/add a bill if you are involved in it

A user should not be able to modify or add a bill if he/she is not involved in it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We allow group members to edit or delete anything within that group. This is because we want anyone within that group to be able to fix a mistake and have total transparency. If you create a friendship with a person, then the only people that can edit or delete an expense will be the people involved.

7. allow users to make payments with Dwolla!

It would be awesome if users could make payments with Dwolla. One of my roommates doesn't like to use Paypal for ethical reasons, and I'm starting to agree. Dwolla is cheaper, anyway. I would be thrilled if I could use it to make and receive payments.

360 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Auto detect date from expense name

When I enter an expense name like 'gas on 8/20' the expense date should automatically be set to 8/20

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! If you’re doing this kind of thing already, quick-add does this and is expected to do as much as possible to guess what your expense is (text field near the add buttons on the web and in the friend or group page on the mobile apps). I don’t think we’ll add this to the general expense add flow because it’s tricky to implement this kind of behavior without overriding someones careful effort to do something like register “rent january 1” for December 20th so their housemates get enough heads up to get them checks before vacation.

Marshall

9. Billmonk's Auto Friend

Can you please add following feature? if there is a shared bill from A between A,B & C and if B is not C's friend Then C will be added in B's Friend list automatically

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We actually left this feature out on purpose, as we feel there are privacy concerns with this approach. What if B and C don’t want to be friends? We only auto-create friendships if the two people involved directly owe each other.

Thanks for the suggestion, though! Let us know if you have any other thoughts.

10. Keep track of debt w/o inviting friend

I'd like the ability to keep track of debts without inviting the other person. Examples of this would be me borrowing money from say my grandparents (who don't even have a computer). This would be useful as I could then have a broad overview of both money owed to me and money I owe on my dashboard and I'd be able to have a "record" of payments.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Barrett – we do allow this in groups, but we’ve decided not to allow it in friendships. Friend invites are a core part of how we grow as a site, so for better or for worse an email address is required. Sorry! Thanks for the suggestion, and let us know if you have any other thoughts or suggestions.

11. allow users to import groups of people from Billmonk

I imported expenses from Billmonk but it only imported each individual person, so I had to create a separate group on Splitwise for my apartment again...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently we have no plans on adding this feature, due to the amount of time it will take to get right. If you want to send a note to company@splitwise with list of people, a group that already has people in it and the understanding that we’re going to move all the expenses of that person into that group (BillMonk expenses and anything else).

12. Editing IOUs should use the "IOU" pop-up

After entering an IOU, click on "edit expense" in lists of debit/credit between two persons, it opens the expense editor, this isn't the expected behavior. Expense editor has too many unrelated UI elements that does not apply to IOU.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We’re actually just planning to make IOUs and expenses use the same input form (which will be updated to support both cases better), so this will not be relevant after the next update.

Marshall

13. Add Bill bug

When adding a bill, I can assign myself the entire amount of the bill balance, this doesnt make sense here

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is actually intentional, as some of our users like to use Splitwise to keep track of all their bills, even those that aren’t shared with other people. I agree it’s a bit odd, but we’re going to keep it in, at least for now.

14. Display Gross need to collect and need to pay

Please include a graphical display or a simple text displaying the gross amount that a account holder has to receive and pay

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

I’m only declining this because it’s a duplicate of this ticket. If you’d like to go and add your votes to that, it would be great!

https://splitwise.uservoice.com/forums/162446-general/suggestions/3090730-total-amount-i-owe-and-i-am-owed-on-dashboard

We’re going to be doing a big meeting this week and the dashboard is going to be one of our main focuses. I agree that this would be a nice addition to the dashboard info, so hopefully this is something we can get in there quickly!

15. Deleting all transactions of a particular friend

Please provide an option where you can clear/delete all transactions wtih a particular friend without deleting that friend.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Can I ask for more information on why you want this feature? We don’t currently have plans to enable this, as we feel it would be abused by users in disputes.

16. Adding friends who are already in group!!

Hii, Is it that we must again send request to all the members in groups to add them separately in our personal friend's list. Please include an option to include all members in a common list and then create groups from them!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Dashboard should tell me how much I owe in total and how much I'm owed

as above

It is very inconvenient when I'm doing my calculations and tallying numbers to add up manually.

Please implement this feature

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Better FB integration and better iPhone app

I should be able to add friends from my FB friend list and then ur site should email them. It's really inconvinient to ask ppl for their emails every time.
    Also, there is no "sign in with FB" button on your home page. If you are trying to implement "FB sign in", then it should be so seamless that I NEVER have to input ANY email ids or passwords!
    Also, your iPhone app sucks! Please make it better and allow all functionality, that's there in the web app, on the iPhone app!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m declining this because it’s a dupe of another ticket. Feel free to add your votes there.

https://splitwise.uservoice.com/admin/forums/162446-general/suggestions/3092241-allow-facebook-logins-from-the-android-app

We’re working on ways to better integrate other services into ours (gmail, facebook, ect.)

We apologize for this, but we haven’t had time to include Facebook login on iPhone or Android yet. The reason why it’s been such a low priority is that Facebook login has not been especially popular users thus far and doesn’t add a lot of functionality.

We don’t have any plans to add facebook login on the phones soon, but you can work-around this issue by “resetting your password” on the website, and typing in the email address of the email associated with that facebook account.

As for the iPhone app, we’ve been adding so many features to the site recently we need to make sure we’ve got them the way we want them before we port them…

19. Change the group Icon

its confusing to have the home icon for groups. It would be better if you use a picture with multiple people.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In user testing, using an icon with multiple people is more confusing than the current icon. We do plan to change this icon with our next major release to something less house specific.

Marshall

20. User Rights

Please allow set rights to user so that others cannot delete expenses

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve gotten suggestions like this before, but we’ve decided to put in a revision system instead. The flag on the upper left hand corner next to our company name tells you any activity that happened in your group (including the deletion of payments, ect)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base