376 results found

1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Change the way Whiteboard is edited

I think whiteboard is more useful if it shows entries with Date and username like a log / Diary entry
    Say : On Aug 22 , XYZ wrote : We need to start searching for a new roomate

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make Android App compatible from Android 2.1

Now, android app is compatible from Android 2.3.3 only.
    More people are using lesser versions of android. Mostly Android 2.2
    it would be great if the app is compatible from Android 2.1

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. Maintain splitting by number of people a person is suppose to pay for

Lets say I want to split a bill of 80 $. We were 6 friends 2 couples and
    2 singles. Now the bill cannot be split equally between 6 friends as we expect the husband to pay for their wives.

So there should be a automated way of attaching number of person a guy is paying. So I add a bill and add just 4 people in it. But 2 of them are supposed to pay for their wives so 80 gets split like
    (26.66,26.66,13.33,13.33)

Checkout billmonk functionality for this

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there, I’m only declining this because this is a duplicate of an existing ticket.

Allowing one person to cover more people in an expense is something that we’re planning on doing now that our big release is out the door!

5. Groups is a terrible concept

Can we just add debts without needing groups? It's tedious to create a group for every single friend or group. Or just have a uber group for everyone. It's just ugly. Please fix.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback Srikanth. After a few months, we have come around a bit to your way of thinking. We certainly plan to continue to support groups – most people currently on the site love them! – but we want to focus on making splitwise work awesome without them too.

- Jon

6. Provide Date time for each feedback and comments

Provide Date time for each feedback and comments so when it is said a feature would be ready in near future. We can guesstimate from the date time comment was posted

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I suspect you still feel the horizontal space in the design is too much for the expenses, but this is probably the width we’ll use for quite a while.

Marshall

8. Shared shopping list

It would be nice if we could share a shopping list with my roommates.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! We do have a whiteboard feature in the new interface on the website that you could use for a shopping list, but we will probably not support anything more complicated than that.

Marshall

9. Transaction Privacy

I find it a problem that everyone in the household can see all transactions even if they aren't involved in them.

Say I share a house with two people. I charge more for one room than the other. I have created separate monthly transactions for each amount for each person. The problem is that person A can see how much person B is paying for rent, and vise versa, possibly creating household tension.

If someone isn't involved in a transaction at all, it should not show up in their transactions list.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We’ve decided that all group expenses should be able to be seen by everyone in that group.

You can get around this by creating a friendship with a person if you’d like to have private expenses with people directly.

10. Allow importing expenses from a CSV file

I am currently switching from a competitor service and I really don't want to reenter all my sharing history with my friends. A csv import would be great.
    Also, this would be quite useful when I go on holidays: I can create a csv file offline on my phone and import it into Splitwise when I get home.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t currently have plans to create a CSV importer, as there’s no standard CSV format for split expenses (and creating one would be rather messy). Importing from a spreadsheet would definitely be a good feature, but not many people have asked for the ability to import, and as a small team we’ve had to prioritize other features for now. So sorry!

If you’re switching from another service, your best bet is to simply transfer over your total balances, rather than your complete expense history. First add the people you have balances with, then add an IOU with each person for your current balance (e.g. “I owe Anna $36 for past expenses”, “Fred owes me $82 for past expenses”, etc.)

11. Make it possible to choose the default group.

I live with a few friends, but was recently added to a larger group. Now this new group (with much less activity) shows first when I open Splitwise and I couldn't find an option to change this.

That is not nice :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Keep records of all past payments

Every time a bill is paid there is a record of that payment so someone could look back at who paid what to whom in the past.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Update: we still have not heard back for clarification, so I’m closing this out – Marshall

Hi there,

Thanks for writing – could you clarify a bit? We do keep a running record of all previous bills, who paid them, and which users paid each other. You can see that record either right from the main interface, or you can download an .csv of everything, or a PDF with the record from any previous month.

Cheers,
    Jon

13. Put OK on the left and cancel on the right

Windows UI convention is to put the Cancel button on the right and OK on the left. Yours is opposite of that and it really threw me.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Cancel/OK vs. OK/Cancel argument is an interesting one, and there’s actually some decent research on the subject (http://measuringuserexperience.com/SubmitCancel/index.htm) – people are split pretty evenly between the two orderings, unless the buttons are spaced far apart, in which case Cancel/OK is preferred by a majority. In the end the choice is pretty arbitrary, but I think we’re going to stick with Cancel/OK as an ordering and hope that the coloration of the buttons helps to clear up any platform-specific confusion. Sorry for the confusion!

14. Keep the option for the older interface around

I feel that your new version suffers from "redesign fever", where you've attempted to make it so pretty that you remove the utilitarian functionality I like in the current interface.

Just like Gmail when it went through its redesign, your new version has much less information density, and I feel that you're losing visual distinction between sections of the interface.

Please allow us to keep the current interface around.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve disabled the ability to see both UI’s due to the amount of engineering time it would take to maintain both sides. If you have any specific comments on what you’d like to see improved in the new UI please feel free to add Uservoice tickets.

15. Require users to approve expenses they are involved with

When one person in a group adds an expense, the other members of that group should have to manually approve the expense before it is added to their balance.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve considered this feature before and decided against adding it. For many users, this might be a hassle: we would clog their email inbox with unnecessary messages asking for confirmation. We also think this would make balances more confusing, as it might be difficult to figure out which bills are “confirmed” and count towards the balance and which bills are still “unconfirmed”.

16. make it possible to change my 'default' group

splitwise.com seems to default to the group i use least, rather than the group i use most!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 15 16 17 19 Next →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base