Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. on removing some1 instead of "Mohit removed you as friend" say "Mohit doesn't want to keep track of expenses with you anymore"

when I remove someone it means I don't want to track expenses with that person anymore. so instead of saying "Mohit removed you as a friend" say "Mohit removed you from splitwise, as he doesn't want to track expenses with you anymore, He still wants you as his friend"

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Let the user choose the settled up contacts to display in the main screen or hide the settled up contacts.

Suppose a contact is settled up then hide the contact on the main screen

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello! After you’ve been all settled up with someone for 30 days, Splitwise will autohide them from view. You can see old, settled contacts and groups by tapping the “tap to show old settled friends/groups” button in the app. We may consider adding a manual hide feature in the future.

3. Give Tagging option for expenses.So that we can filter by tag and able to see expenses only for tagged items.

For example, friends are going for long trip and created splitwise group. if we marked expenses like 'FOOD' , PETROL , ALCOHOL, and etc.

at the end of trip friends can able to see individually how much they spent for FOOD, PETROL and ALCOHOL and etc

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello! You can assign a category to any expense. To do this, please tap the icon to the left of the amount field when you’re adding the expense. We support spending-by-category breakdowns on the web (splitwise.com) and hope to bring the same to mobile soon, too. Cheers!

4. Replace the default profile picture with the first initial of someone's name

Hardly any of my friends have uploaded a custom profile picture. Rather than the default smiley face guy, it should be the person's first letter of their first name (like Gmail). This would make the friends tab look much cleaner and sleek.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can move an expense from a friendship into a group (or vice versa) by following these steps:

1. Tap/click to edit the expense
    2. Tap/click where it says ‘No Group’ on the edit a bill form
    3. Select the group you’d like to move the expense to from your list of groups

-support@splitwise.com

6. GREAT APP!!!!

Guys,

You solved a real problem.
    Loved using it.
    Will use again on my next trip with friends!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. talk to You Need A Budget.

Would be nice to have splitwise handled as a bank account within YNAB. Or within any other budgeting app really. I guess what i'm saying is pretend you're a bank and offer an API which gives third party apps a secure, read-only view of 'transactions'.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  8. Plates icon shows a small line when hovered.

I think you need to adjust text-decoration for the anchor tag that carries the Plates icon on the Splitwise dashboard, web.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  9. to keep up the good work!

The graph and statistics are immensely useful. Thank you Splitwise!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. 21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. Single person renting more than one room- rent calculator

I share one room with my partner and rent one room as a workspace. The calculator seems to assume one person/room, unless renting as a couple. I am not sharing the communal spaces as two people but as one person! Explaining this to housemates doesn't seem straightforward.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! There should be a “Room shared by two people” checkbox when you go through the calculator, though it’s tucked away in the “Other factors” section.

12. Splitwise on ios 8

Hello team,

I would like you to know that there are a lot of people who have not updated their mobile phones to latest ios versions due to speed issues. I'm using an iphone 6 with ios 8 in it. Therefore, I'm not able to install splitwise on my mobile phone.

I suggest that for users like me, there should be an option to install a previous version of splitwise which is compatible with ios 8. I have seen this option for a lot of other applications where, if a user doesn't have latest ios, the last compatible version of…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

I believe you should be able to install the last version of Splitwise that was supported iOS 8 by following the steps outlined in the below article:

http://www.howtogeek.com/263568/how-to-install-older-versions-of-ios-apps-on-an-old-iphone-or-ipad/

Other users have reported that this article helped them, and that by using iTunes on a computer they were able to get the last compatible version.

As a last fall-back option, you can use a browser to use the web version of Splitwise at https://www.splitwise.com I hope this helps!

13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Oauth 2.0 Support

Splitwise provides Oauth 1.0, But Can you guys support Oauth 2.0

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Put icons in front of categroy list

Icons in front of categories (when selecting one for your expense) make it easier to pick the right one, or just select a nice icon for that expense.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. Undelete expences feature on wesite

There is a feature on splitwise mobile app to undelete the deleted expences but it is not present on website,see if it can be added on wesite also.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  17. to simplfy debt for each contact too. if a contact exists in more than one group then the expenses should get simplified between groups too.

I have friends who exist in more than one group. in these cases it's confusing because it tells I owe my friend money in one group but he owes me back money in another group. give me an option where I can see what I finally owe him after cancelling out the debts between groups since it is for the same person.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You should be able to do this right from the friend screen – each friend will display their total balance with you across all groups. Additionally, if you make a payment to that friend for the full amount that you owe them, then we will automatically settle up all of the different groups that you share together.

However, we don’t intend to add additional features that dynamically simplify debts across multiple groups, as we’ve found in testing that it makes the user experience very confusing. (When adding 1 new expense can change your balances across multiple groups, it becomes very difficult to understand what’s happening in your account, especially when that 1 expense was added by someone else.) We apologize for the trouble!

18. Netting off expenses amongst group

If Alice owed Emma £10, but Emma owed Sophie £12. The app should net the amounts so that Alice pays Sophie £10 and Emma the balance of £2.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re using a group, you can do this already! Just go to your group’s settings page and enable the “Simplify debts” option under “Advanced settings”. (The setting isn’t enabled by default, because we found that it confused many people who weren’t expecting it.)

If you’re trying to do this across multiple groups, or for non-group expenses, then unfortunately we don’t currently have plans to support this. We tried something similar in the past, but found that it caused a lot of confusion when the shuffled expenses couldn’t be traced back to a single group. Apologies for any trouble!

19. depreciation calculator

When we quit house, there will be some purchases made for room like TV, Refrigerator etc. And any one guy will take this. We need depreciation calculator so that we can calculate its worth when we are leaving and the guy who is taking that can pay us.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey – It sounds like you may be looking for our “simplify debts” feature, which reshuffles group debts to minimize repayments that need to happen. To enable for any group please visit “group settings”. If I’m incorrect about what you’re looking for feel free to send a note to support@splitwise.com with more details about what you’re trying to do and we’ll do our best to help! Cheers

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base