Skip to content

General

376 results found

1. If not everyone in the group owes for the bill, it should be "split equally with # people"

Currently, if I add a bill that's split equally between only some of the people, it still says "split equally". It should be more clear - split equally with x persons.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Include 'settled up' status updates in the group timeline. e.g. 'user xxxx is settled up as of xx/xx/xxxx'

Sometimes in the group activity, if there are multiple people (for example roommates) paying a single renter in the same house, the list of payments and bills can get pretty confusing. And when cash payments are recorded instead of the in-app payment system, it's not always easy to determine (or prove) that a user was all paid up before the latest bills were added. so if, in the timeline of activity, when a user makes payment in full and is considered 'settled up', it would be nice to have it reflected in that same timeline WITH a date stamp. this…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey, thanks for the feedback! We do need to do a better of explaining why you owe what you owe. We have some other ideas for explaining where your totals are coming from that should help with this problem, but I’m not sure when they will be available.

3. Add privacy options for payments. for eg: if a group contains A, B & C. a split is added between A&B then C shouldnt be able to see it.

this checkbox option can be made optional while adding the bill, the payer can check the checkbox if he feels 'not involved' users need not see the split. this will save unnecessary temporary duplicate groups.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, we don’t have plans to support custom privacy settings like this on an expense-by-expense basis, as we think it makes it too complicated to understand who has access to what.

If you’d like to add a single expense that is only visible to the people participating directly in the expense, then you should try adding a “non-group” expense, which does not belong to any particular group. These expenses are only visible to the people involved. Non-group expenses are intended as a way to add expenses and payments with lots of random people, without needing to create a new group every time.

4. Allow creation of expenses where "you" are not involved

There are some instances where I want to create a transaction (that I am not involved in) between 2 other people in a group.

Right now, when I click "Add bill", "you" is one of the defaults and there is no way to remove myself from the transaction until after I actually save it or by going in and setting my part of the transaction to $0.

The other workaround to this is to use the quick add feature to add the expense between the 2 people i.e. "John owes Bill $2 for lunch" but it seems like this should…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Most people add do not add expenses like this and including this kind of change would probably make it harder to add expenses in that do involve you. Given that there is a workaround to remove yourself from the bill while you are adding it (even if it is a few extra taps), we don’t plan to add any more optimization for this case.

I’m a little confused in when you would need to save the expense before you could remove yourself. For both adding and editing an expense, you should be able to change the payer to someone else and open the split options to remove yourself from the split.

Marshall

5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Track advance payment

Mi idea is of tracking advance payment, for example:

I have a subscription of 10€ each month that I paid, we are in five people so we have to pay 2€ each. If a person give me 10€ for the next five months it indicates me that I have to give me 8€.

I think it could be useful instead indicates that this payment is for the next month, so it doesn't display that I have to give money but that he gives in advance for the next recurrings payment.

Hope I explained well

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ve had some similar requests for “future” expenses and payments, but we don’t plan to include expenses in our system that are not included in the total balances. We don’t think we can make it clear enough why your balances don’t line up with your expenses with this kind of feature.

Marshall

7. Add popular banking/wallet links

Redirect to banking/wallet When you hit settleup . Else THE BEST one would be have your own wallet.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We do look at adding new payment integrations when they’re popular and have support for our kind of use. I’m declining this because we have a number of open feature requests for specific payment integrations. Please go vote for or comment on the specific integrations you would be interested in using!

Marshall

8. More Payment Methods?

Hi,

I was curious if Splitwise would be looking into adding more payment methods to their mobile and web platforms. Venmo and PayPal are really popular, but I have friends who aren't all on the same page, plus there's a disconnect with my parent's older generation.

Expanding to use Google Wallet/Android Pay apps or clearXchange network payments for banks (like Chase QuickPay) would definitely go a long way.

You're already half way there with Google sign-in!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We do look at adding new payment integrations when they’re popular and have support for our kind of use (at the moment, neither Google Waller not Chase QuickPay offer integration support we could use).

I’m declining this because we have a number of open feature requests for specific payment integrations. Please go vote for or comment on the individual integrations you would be interested in using! I know you listed them here, but it’s important for us to track each integration request separately.

Marshall

9. update the label to change the word "owes" when someone has paid for others.

Example: We have a shared expense in a group that was paid by NiceGuy1. He paid $1000 to be split equally among 10 people.

In the details of the expense, one can read "NiceGuy1 paid $1000 and owes $100". This confuses him, because "owes" suggests that NiceGuy1 should pay someone something.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

This is the expanded information which is used to indicate that as one of the 10 members of the expense, “NiceGuy1” owes 1/10 of the expense or in this case $100. Since he paid all $1,000 the simpler information displayed before you expand the expense should say that he is owed the outstanding $900 from the members he paid for.

10. Confirmation of removal of bills by other party

Guy A adds a expense of $ 100 and splits it equally with his friend Guy B.

Then Guy B deletes this expense saying it did not happen. Guy A does not get any notification and thus when next he logs on splitwise he does not see this change.

Now, such changes by Guy B should be confirmed by Guy A.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! You should see the deleted items in the Recent activity feed with a highlight if there’s new stuff there. You can also opt-in to email or push notifications from the notification settings for expenses.

Marshall

11. Bug Report - Edit Expense

After editing a saved expense,

1) If I make a change to the amount, the "who owes who" section defaults to splitting equally.

For e.g. If the previous split was "a owes b fully", after editing the amount it becomes of the format "split equally"

2) If I make a change to the description, the icon defaults to the one automatically selected by Splitwise based on description.

For e.g. The description was "AB Juice" and default category "Groceries" changed to category "Dining Out". After editing description to "AB Juice Center", the category changes to "Groceries" from "Dining Out" based on…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! For better of worse, these are both intended behaviors – right now we don’t save how you choose to split things, just the final result of the split, so you should see when you click on the details for split equally, you should see that only one person is assigned any shares.

The categorization based on the description was a fix we included in the most recent version of the iOS app and has been how Android has always worked.

Marshall

12. Add 'My share' view

Currently the expense detailed are itemized either 'You borrowed' or 'You lent'. Suggest to add a view of 'My share' to see how much I spent in a group on an itemized level (I see there is a Group Total function to see in aggregate only). Thanks.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! I don’t think we will add an itemized share amount to the app, though we will probably add a month-to-month breakdown by expense category at some point to the mobile apps (we have this under trends on the website now).

Marshall

13. custom tax plan

trying to create a tax plan but couldn't add more brackets. basically I want to create the following brackets

from 10k to 100k, every 10k your tax rate goes up by 1%
    from 100k to 1m, every 100k your tax rate goes up by 1%
    from 1m to 10m, every 1m your tax rate goes up by 1%
    from 10m 10 100m, every 10m your tax rate goes up by 1%
    from 100m to 1b, every 100m your tax rate goes up by 1%

I want to see how much revenue this would create compared to the current plan.

also…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! We’re not planning to make any major changes to our tax plan calculator at this point and I don’t think we even have the underlying data to make this kind of calculation in any event. Sorry I don’t have better news!

Marshall

14. Add upgrade possibility from free app

Several friends have asked me how to upgrade their free apps so they can handle currencies. It is hard for app only users to find out that they have to go to the web for this.
    Add an upgrade button in the free version.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

So sorry for the trouble! Splitwise Pro is currently a patronage program – it is for people who like to support us and our development, and the small added features are an extra benefit. By far, most users do not need the advanced features that Splitwise Pro users get, so we choose not to advertise it or make it available in the app.

15. Track the amount of unequal splits in cents

When the bill is 10 divided among 3, the expense is splitted as 3.33, 3.33 and 3.34 randomly. if i edit the expenses and add a comment, it changes the person paying 3.34. so I would suggest a change in algo that tracks who has paid more cents each time so that in the next expense, he has to pay 1 cent less.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We think that over a period of time, choosing a random person every time to assign the extra pennies to leads to a more fair result. If you feel like one of your friends is being assigned pennies more often than others, simply tap edit expense and hit save without changing anything.

16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the inconvenience. Splitwise was down for several hours earlier this week due to the Amazon S3 outage that affected many services including Quora, IFTTT, and Trello.

If we ever experience an outage again you can get up to date info via our Twitter page (@splitwise).

17. Dashboard friends order change

First Show ppl with debits/credits alphabetically then show ppl with settled debits alphabetically.
    Sometimes our list goes big and we have scroll down a lot to see ppl with debits or credits

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! We don’t plan to change the ordering on that screen, but you should be able to show people you owe and owe you by tapping on the header of the friends list on mobile.

Marshall

18. filter the expenses in the activity tab based group participants....

I want to see expenses done by me since last settlements.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! I don’t think we’re likely to add this kind of feature to the activity tab. We are planning to look at adding more features in groups and friendships to let you search the expenses that should allow you to look for expenses you’ve added since your last settlement if you want.

Marshall

19. Sort contact list by frequency

There are a few people with whom I have to share expenses every day. And there are people with whom I have shared expenses just once or twice.

While adding an expense, when the contact list is shown, instead of sorting it alphabetically, it should be sorted by frequency.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We don’t plan to add different sorting for this, but we are considering showing your last 5 people or groups in a special Recents list section for adding expenses.

Marshall

20. To enable something like you can read my text messages for expenses and push a notification to spilt of i want

This would help me spilt expenses without a fail, I will never forget if a notification is triggered as soon as I spend somewhere

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

While this would be a useful feature the ability to read text messages is not available on all platforms and many people are concerned about privacy. Far too many users would be upset at the new permission request.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base