Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. to keep the User interface quite simple

Hi There,

This current UI is lot more complicated , very confusing, not a user friendly.

i will recommend that you to go through Billmonk site once to identify the user friendliness.

Thanks and regards,
    Harshal

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Update: I’m marking this as completed only because there’s not a specific thing we can do to finish other than to just build billmonk, which we do not feel is the best solution to this problem.

We are very aware of the BillMonk site, and we like some of the stuff they have done, while disliking other directions they have chosen to take.

We are always trying to improve and change our site to accommodate our new features. If there is something specific you don’t like, feel free to make feedback tickets for all your suggestions!

2. add messages

It would be cool if there were like a message board so everyone can post anything, things like "Could you pay me by the end of the month?" or "Im broke at the moment, hold on pleasee"... so everyone in the group can see them

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have something called the whiteboard that the group members can use for this very thing! At the top of the right-hand sidebar, click the speech bubble icon – it’ll bring up a screen where you can record a message.

We do plan on adding more functionality to this in the future (like a time stamp, a history of messages more like a chat, etc). If there is something else you’d like specifically, let us know!

3. Enable "Pay via Paypal" on your mobile app.

The "Pay via Paypal" feature is the best! Add that to the mobile app to make this service a thousand times better!

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. Add shared/itemised bill directly from dashboard

To add a shared bill I have to go to a friend's page and add more people. Can you give and Add bill button right on the dashboard/home screen like BillMonk

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have added the ability to add a bill or payment on the dashboard itself. Just look at the top of the page, and you’ll see the ability to add expenses, IOU’s and payments.

5. Font size

Please reduce the size of the font.
    The sizes keep increasing and decreasing as you move from one screen to another.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please lable the items in dashboard

Hi Developers,
    Great website, i love your efforts to make it even better

I see the button with home symbol , on dashboard, it took forever for figuring out that its to add group !!!

I suggest either add labels to the buttons or change the symbol to make it clear that it group (not home).

GL

--bharath

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow a group to view total spedings for a period.

For example, allowing flatmates to know the expenditure for a month. Not individually (since thats already available), but considering the group as one unit. This gives us an idea of the cost involved in running the flat for one month (or other custom time periods).

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add the date of items in Recent Activity and allow viewing all activity (not only recent)

If Splitwise has wiki edit privileges, then it is of utmost importance to know when events happened and to be able to go back in time to the very beginning.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Disable debt shuffling in group

Allow users to enable / disable auto shuffling in groups. The balances are now reflected in individual transactions as well. So it will be really helpful to turn the debt shuffling off when needed.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Search expenses!

You're building a great site, and you guys are quite responsive to feedback. Congratulations!

Is there a way to search the expense history by keyword? It's such a basic feature that I just assumed it exists somewhere, but after looking around for a while I think it's missing as of now. It would be great if I can search by keywords such as say "grocery", or sort by category, or sort by persons involved etc.

974 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Search is Pro feature. With Pro, you will find the option to search expenses by keyword by tapping on the magnifying glass icon in our mobile apps. Or, via the dropdown menu by your name on our website.

You can sign up for Pro in our apps by going to the Account tab in iOS or the top left menu on Android, or by going directly to https://secure.splitwise.com/pro/subscribe.

11. Show personal balance on drop-down list instead of/in addition to dash

The new website is AWESOME. I should start with that - I've been playing around with it and smiling to myself.

It would be even more awesome if, when I clicked on the drop-down list of groups, my personal balance displayed in red or green to the right of the name of the group. I think there's plenty of space to do it without clutter. Just a suggestion as I'm the kind of person who will never go to a "Dashboard." I don't see this anywhere in the existing threads.

It really is like night and day... I LOVE LOVE…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think we did this :) It’s been a while and our interface has changed a bit, so I’m not are we got this. Please let us know if the current dashboard doesn’t meet your needs.

Marshall

12. Slim down the design on the category markers!

xI hate the new category marker icons. They'd look better with cleaner lines - too bulky ATM.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. please add the NOK (norske kroner - Norwegian crowns) currency

I'm Norwegian. Therefore I'm bound to use, lend and owe NOK. Please add it to your list of currencies :)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. Highlight payments

currently a recorded payment isnt highlighted as much as the bills. a mere cosmetic change.. but its easy to skip over a payment with such a small panel in between..

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. mouse over messages over the icons would be better

new members dont know what the icons for home, add group, members and add members stand for. it would be better if a mouse over message is displayed on all the icons that are used in this website.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Send email notifications only when I'm involved in them

I've enabled the option to send emails when new bills are added, but now I get an email every time someone in the group adds a bill, even though Splitwise itself knows that I'm not involved in the bill. Please change this, or at least provide an option to avoid these mails.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Summary on Group Page.

1) What I had missing on the Group page is that, it doesn't have a summary of who owe who and what amount. You mention a total amount owed by a person in the group but to whom. ANd if one wants to see to whom he owes, he need to calculate the total amount from different bills paid by one person.
    I would prefer to have a kind of summary that lets say:
    you owe X€ to John.
    you owe Y€ to Michelle.

2) On the dashboard, the bill are not well shuffled with each one after some items…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Itemized bill to be modified easily

Bills already added in Groups, need to be modified easily. Web interface shows the whole bill as only a list (needs to editable individual entries). Also I couldn't figure out how to edit an entry from Mobile.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the ability to move an expense to a household

My flatmate has all these debts to me,

previously we recorded these as household debts, but now for some reason its part of a personal debt.. (and not part of our household)

Please make it so you can move expenses into a house hold

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here