672 results found

1. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Allow me to see how much an individual owes me

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I am a recent Billmonk convert. In Billmonk, I could see how much someone owed me, in Splitwise I can only see how much the group owes me. I see a "suggested repayment" I suppose this is because I'm the only one who doesn't owe anyone else, but it needs to be more clear.

I'd like to see how much one person in my apartment owes me.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We’ve changed the way balances get displayed and show the breakdown for groups in more detail, Please let us know if you are still finding this difficult.

Marshall

3. please give an option to delete the previous uploaded data

please give option to delete previously uploaded data from billmonk to here. I cannot clear all data i imported. I tried lot of times very frustating and finally tried to delete my account and had a issue with that one too

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Dates on Bills

I used to be able to set the date of the bill in the next month since that is when I want my room mates to pay up. I like separating the bills out into the months that they are due. With the current (new) format if I want to print out the PDF for the month there would be weird dates for all the bills and for some it would like there are two comcast bills in the same month. Bring the date-set feature back... Thanks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. apply payment to IOU

kind of like applying payment to expense, I think, but as an example with my account:
    One housemate owes me $800 for a loan. I owed him $135. If both of these are recorded expenses, it would be convenient to apply the $135 to the $800 (like dragging the IOU into the loan from the dash, or making it an action) so it deducts it from the loan amount, the total he owes me, and the total amount I get back. Instead I deleted the amount I owe him, and went in manually to lower his loan to $665, which…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

There are two possible evolutions to this now, depending on your situation. If everything is in the same group, you can just turn on simplify debts in the group settings page.

If you are not all in the same group, go to your account settings on the website and under advanced features choose simplify debts. Pick both of your friend here and if we determine that it’s ok for us to simplify this, we’ll move the debt over.

Sometimes we can’t do this automatically for privacy or relationship issues that are hard to go into.

Marshall

6. Refresh button for Dashboard

Auto refresh of dashboard when ever i switch to dashboard.
    And autorefresh for every few seconds interval
    and also refresh button for dashboard

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. itemized bill

itemized bill needs to map saved members to be added for every item billed

just like bill monk

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add Friends on the fly

Add the ability to add friends on the fly while reporting a bill. (by entering their email address or with the "Add New Friend")

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now add people on the fly as you add an expenses! To do this, when adding an expense click on the “add more people to this expense” at the bottom of the expense and then add their email to the top of the page that pops up.

9. Editable Bills

The creater/reporter of a bill must be allowed to edit all fields.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. Can I split a cheque with other person

Not in the terms of participation, but in terms of payment of the actual cheque.
    eg. If the cheque amount is $50 between 3 friends, one picks up the tab for $30, and the other picks for $20, but is divided equally.
    Just as billmonk allows to add multiple payers for the bill.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "Even, Plus/Minus $..." splitting

Also from Billmonk, this lets the split stay even, but one person pays $x more than the other(s). Scales arbitrarily.

Perform by subtracting x from the bill total, splitting the fake total, and then adding x back into the one person's share.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: This is now available on the web! To do this you choose “split the bill unequally” and you’ll see the new options on how to split a bill in there (adjustment being one of them)

We plan on adding various new ways to split the bill in the near future. I can see how this would be a good addition to that list.

12. Rename friends

I can't find a way to rename friends. Somehow a few got added under only their first initial during import from Billmonk. If there is a way, it should be made clearer!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added the ability to edit details of friends who have not yet logged in. Just visit the friendships settings page for the friend that you wish to edit, and you’ll be able to change their name or email address.

Note that once a user has logged in, only that person can change their name or email address.

13. To make changes to the bill editing and the column for tax

The editing in the bill should be made available and convenient.
    The tax column calculates the percentage of tax but instead if the amount of tax can be directly entered in the column it would reduce the effort as there are two types of taxes i.e., food tax and non food tax.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Download/export Splitwise data

User should be able to download their entire data from Splitwise if they wish to do so. This data should include friend's list, emails, all transactions, groups and group transactions etc. if possible it should be in a neatly formatted spreadsheet.

90 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this from our web interface – just view a group or friend and click the “settings/gear” icon in the upper-right of the right-side column. In the menu that appears, click “Export as spreadsheet” to download a .csv file with all your expenses.

We also have a “download full backup” for Splitwise Pro users under advanced features in account settings. This includes all data for the account, but is in JSON format.

Marshall

15. Allow Manually Entered Tips

I really love the new itemized bill split system in the new Splitwise. The only thing that i would recommend is that you allow the tip to be entered manually, instead of just a percentage (Even better if you allowed a percentage OR a whole number into that field and added it accordingly). The reason for this is that most of the time i do not add my expense at the restaurant, so i usually add a tip that rounds the total up to an even dollar (which is rarely an exact percentage). Thanks for putting this in if you…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. Edit a group members name

Hi, it would be nice to be able to edit the name of a person in your group. I entered first names only and several people start with the same letter, which gets confusing when dividing up unequal bills.

Nice website though.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: You can now edit friends names if they haven’t signed up yet. After they sign in, they’ll have control of the name that shows up.

I can see how this would get annoying quick if you’re sharing a group with multiple people with the same name. This is something we’ll have to talk about, but it should be something we add easily.

17. Auto Shuffle Toggle

As per your comment splitwise is using auto shuffling.
    Does it takes place whenever a use enter any expenses ?

Try to make it manual process rather than automatic.
    Or if we can have a setting to turn off the auto shuffling feature.
    Many people may not like auto shuffling since it will be hard to keep track of what happened.

Manual Shuffling on a button click along with auto shuffle toggle option will be a great feature.

There was a option to turn off debt shuffling in billmonk. I dont want you people to replicate billmonk but many of…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show balances between people more clearly

In a group, why would the group on the whole owe someone money?

Its not really clear how much balance is there to be settled between any two persons.

In my case, I owe a person certain amount but when I click on his name, there is no info on how much I owe him

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The raw repayment amount feature was put in late last week! To get this, go to the settle up button and on the top right you’ll see a slider that lets you switch between simplified payments or the amount each person owes each directly without any debt shuffling.

19. send emails when some puts a bill, payment etc

It would be very helpful if we can receive emails whenever some one shares a bill with us, or makes a payment.
    Overall the site is very impressive and useful.
    Good work!

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Anonymous,

Actually, there is a user setting for that! Go to the drop-down menu in the top right of the screen, and click on “My Account.” On the right hand side, you can change your notification preferences so that you are emailed every time you are paid, added as a friend, an expense is created, etc.

Hope this helps!
    Jon

20. Update the Android app

• Kindly update the Android app, I would love to use Splitwise with some friends, but they all have Android phones. The current Android app really needs an update as it just doesn't work.

• Mobile site and drop the support for iOS and Android app? Support of course offline storage with HTML5.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base