General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Link to Venmo!

This website is fantastic! One suggestion to perhaps close the "Payment" loop: Our group pays eachother using the Venmo peer-to-peer payment system. One feature of Venmo is that I can send "payment request" to my friends, and they will just "approve" the charge (at which point, I get paid). It would be great if there was a simple system within splitwise (say, a one-click button) that would send out venmo bills to group members when I try to reconcile my splitwise expenses. Also, it could automatically record the payments within splitwise, thus automatically tracking who had paid me back.

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Venmo is now available on all the official Splitwise apps (web, iPhone, and Android)! Please note that this feature is restricted to users inside the US, and that you will need the Venmo app installed on your mobile device in order to make Venmo payments through the Splitwise mobile app.

2. Contacts list organization

Show the people who owe me money at the top of the list and probably group them- owes me, I owe and settled up , like it works in the splitwise iphone app. Also, provide scroll to browse through the lsit of friends.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Group versus Relationship Functionality

I don't like how you can have an individual relationship with Person A, but then also have Person A in Group 1, especially if it does not automatically show the relation b/w the Person within the Group and the individual relationship.

E.g. I live in an apt with 4 people (Group 1 = Person A, B, C, D)
    - Group 1 splits a $60 bill evenly (paid by Person A)
    - Person B loans Person A $40
    - Person B owes Person C $10

In essence, if you have am individual relation with each of the people within the group,…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Groups still do not show more general balances, but your friendship balance will include all balances from groups. We also settle up all groups and the friendship if you settle up completely with a friend.

Marshall

4. global summary for specific friends

If I have a friend that is part of multiple groups and owes me money in each group. It would be great to see a grand total debt for a specific friend and allow a payment to cover multiple groups (auto split).
    for right now I have to go into each group and manually add debts

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve updated the friends page on the web to show a global summary. You can also simplify debts from the gear next to your friends name on that page in the web to consolidate all debts into your friendship, and then add a payment to settle up that amount.

Marshall

5. make it easier to change the category of an expense.

Often an expense is categorized as 'General' when it cannot automatically be identified. I suggest you add the ability to change the category directly from the main page of expenses (perhaps a drop-down menu next to the expense) instead of needing to click on each expense and then clicking 'edit expense'.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now change the expense category icon without having to edit the expense! Just click on the icon in the group page and the other service icons should appear right below the expense.

6. Print Expense Statements/Reports

I think a really great feature would be the ability to print statements or reports. For example in my case I manage expenses for our whole house. A couple of people in my house are not necessarily tech savvy and some of them just are too lazy to log on to splitwise. If I could print out a report for the week, month, or year, kind of like an invoice sort of thing and just stick it on their door it would be really helpful. I also think this would be great for backing up information because lets face it.…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Printable statements should be available on the right side of the month header in a group or friendship. Please let us know if you have any trouble with them.

Marshall

7. Be notified in more than one way

Set it up that everyone can have at least 2 ways to be contacted. ie email and or cell phone/txt. And you can do notification icons on your app, that way it tells the person they have a new message and to open the app.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Input tip as dollar amount on itemized expenses.s

For those of us that just eyeball the tip it would be nice to not have to hand calculate the percent. Great product otherwise.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show all expenses between friends

Kindly provide a screen for Summary of all expenses or in the home screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. make it easier to see list of all groups

I just switched from classic view to the new view. I did this while looking at the group I made for our ski trip. When it switched, I was taken to the page for my roommates. I now cannot easily, intuitively figure out how to get back to the page with my ski trip group.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Website is barely usable on Android

Tested on a Galaxy Nexus using the builtin web browser, and Firefox -- the top bar doesn't size correctly, so you can't actually reach the login button without doing something weird like turning your device sideways and zooming out all the way.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show historic monthly charts

The current month breakdown is nice, but it would be good to see the historic trend of the expense categories. (e.g. grocery spend over the past 6 months).

141 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is now live on the web! Just click the “charts” icon in the upper right of any given group or friend page – you should see “previous” and “next” buttons that enable you to view the chart for any month.

14. please study bill monk first.

Please go through bill monk first.
    And you will know what it can do.
    1)one-to-one transaction history
    2)bill split evenally with whole figure rounding.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Along with friends, Show individual friends too.

Like ios app does show a summary page with individual friends and groups.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow % addition on iphone app

I really like the % interface on the web app but I cannot seem to get my iphone app to do it. Would be very helpful!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Edit group cancel button

Add a button to the edit group page that doesn't save any changes and goes back to the main screen. Using the back button feels weird.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There's too much white space on the new design

There's no reason to separate everything onto different lines for a single bill, and there's no reason to have the entire center of the screen be nothing but white space. It would be nice to see more than a small handful of items on the screen at the same time

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Redesign looks great!

I like the ribbon up top, the clear breakdown of who owes what on the left., and having all the deets in the "mostly middle" of the page. I'm not sure if this is a new feature or if I just noticed the ability to split a bill unequally, but thanks for adding it. Keep up the terrific work!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks, and thanks for the specificity of feedback! We’re still tweaking it, but the top ribbon, “mostly middle” debts, and left aligned list of relationships, and unequal bills are all probably here to stay.

So glad to have you on Splitwise!

20. new design wastes too much space

I see more items in classic view. In the redesign, stuff is way spaced out. Doesn't use as much horizontal space. Why are there two lines per expense now? It seemed to work just fine before with one line per expense. I guess I don't see the advantage. A lot of whitespace between lines now too.

The monthly headings take up a lot of space too.

Not really feeling it, folks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve just made a pretty big update to the new design in order to make it more data-dense and to better use the available space. Take a look and please let us know what you think!

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base