Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Itemized Bill Editing

Please dont save the details of the itemized bill just as notes.
    There is just no easy way to edit an itemized bill when you do that.
    I would like it if the same table in which itemized bill data was entered would be shown up again when I try to edit an itemized bill.

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

We did this a while ago! Sorry for not updating.

I hope that Spencer and Armin are satisfied with the way it works now?

On some versions of Firefox, there is a rare submission bug we’ve seen. And there is a display bug with rounding (where it shows the math not working, but submits correctly). If you have any other trouble, let us know.

2. make the add bill window larger.

The add Bill window is irritatingly small. It sucks to see a whole big screen but very little space to work with. This is especially problematic with itemized bills, where a horizontal toolbar pops up while adding a bill on a 30 inch screen! Please make the add bill window wider...

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Maintain currencies between webapp and mobile app

whatever the default currency chosen in the webapp, needs to be maintained in the mobile app. Alternatively, you need to include the default currency option in the mobile app.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Multiple currencies

implement multiple currencies, so splitwise (site and/or app) can be used when we’re on vacation? That way, our expenses can be in euros, or pounds, but the payback can be in your local currency. I’d like this on the site, as well as on any app. Thanks.

80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Multiple currencies are now fully supported on web, iPhone, and Android. You can change your default currency at any time from your account settings page, or you can change the currency for an individual expense by clicking on the currency symbol in the “Add bill” or “Settle up” form.

5. Delete a Bill : If a bill has multiple people on it, if I want to go and delete a bill, I have to delete it individually for each person.

I really should be able to just delete a bill, and automatically all the corresponding individual transactions associated with the split bill, should also get deleted. It would be great if I didn't have to go and delete each "split" individually.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When you log in, can you make the dashboard the default page?

Right now it goes to one of my "friends" page.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve now added the option to let your dashboard be your dashboard page! To do this go into your account settings on the web and select “dashboard” under the “Your home page” setting.

7. Adding existing friends to groups

I would like to add some of my existing friends to a group. But group creation expects me to give email address. This seems possible in the mobile application, but the web app does not facilitate the same. It would be great to have the web app also do the same.

139 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The add/edit group screen has finally been updated with autocomplete, which should make it much easier to add existing friends to groups. Thanks so much for being patient!

8. Dashboard giving a summary

Dashboard can give the "Total amount to collect" and "Total amount to receive" information. Right now, it gives this data for individual person. It would be great if we can get the entire amount across all people.

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow one person to cover for his family

if 2 couples and 2 individual people sharing bill, then I should be able to add bill such that each person in couple is paying for 2 (i.e. Husband is paying for his wife). So that we don't need to add extra sharing for the wife but bill is also split by exact number of person.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Tax and Tip

hey guys love the work you are doing. One tiny suggestion is that for tip and tax calculation, I would prefer to enter the amount and not the %.
    Also when entering data the widget or small screen that the site switches to is too small, please make the experience full screen.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow multiple payers in expenses that span multiple friendships

It should be possible to have multiple payers on a single bill, just as it's possible to have multiple people split the bill.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add-bill panel could be better

The add-bill popup/panel is currently a bit cramped. Either I would like it to have it in a separate page or a more spacious panel.

This is truly a remarkable site for ex-billmonkers like me. Thanks a ton. Keep rocking.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. Bills across groups

I want to create bills having people belonging to different groups. Currently that doesn't seem to be possible.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow selecting currency for each specific bill

Hi,

I live in the border between Switzerland and France and travel many times with my friends. We constantly need the option to choose between Swiss Francs and Euro for each specific bill. It it also very practical for trips (Eastern Europe, etc.)

We are a big group trying to look for alternatives to leave bill monk (as almost everyone here, by what I have seen in the forums). So far yours looks the best, except that we really need this option (as well as the other ones I have voted).

Cheers,
    João

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can select the currency for each bill on web, iPhone and Android, though the Android app does not currently display the correct currency (expect an update that displays correctly in the next few weeks).

Marshall

15. Windows Phone app

The smartphone ecosystem is getting wider now with Windows Phone...it would be very nice if you had an app in the Windows Marketplace as well, like you have for iPhone and Android. Thanks!

326 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Splitwise-the-company is a bit too small to build our own Windows Phone app right now, unfortunately. (We’re only a few engineers, and we’ve already got our hands full with iPhone, Android, and web!) However, there are now three 3rd party Windows Phone apps: “Splittr”, “Centwise”, and “Split It”. They are not created by Splitwise, but act as a Splitwise client.

Splittr works on WP7.5 and up. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/splittr/d2307de6-10c0-4b5c-9527-7c549370a447

Centwise works on WP7.5 and up. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/centwise/faeb5f7b-fbb6-41c6-8fac-17d81dae703d

Split It works on WP8 and up. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/split-it/df492da8-c150-46aa-8d70-be96a8fdafda

Check out our blog posts about them:
    http://blog.splitwise.com/2013/03/13/a-windows-phone-8-client-at-long-last/
    http://blog.splitwise.com/2013/03/22/centwise-windows-phone-7-5-splittr-updates/

Splitwise currently has no plans for an official Windows Phone app, but we’re very thankful to the developers who have used our API and made their own – thanks a lot!

16. It's easy to duplicate bills

I have reported 6 bills today and duplicated some of them in many ways. If I double click the "submit" button, the bill is duplicated. If a network error happens, the bill is duplicated again. The server's availability needs kinda improvement.

But after all, it's an awesome website and we are switching to it from billmonk.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Very Good

Include direct payment method. The bill monk importer is awesome. Keep Rocking.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Maintain percentage split functionality in new splitwise

In the new splitwise user interface, splitting bills by percentage doesn't seem to be working. (by adding the percentage in the "owed" fields in the expenses pop-up. If there's another way in the new interface to do this, please let me know!) This feature is the only reason I use splitwise. Please include it in the new design. :)

In addition, I'd like to request that when filling out the percentages, the final percentage is automatically calculated. For example: I split all my groceries and take-out with my roommate 60/40% because he eats more than me. It is tiresome to…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: This is now available on the web! To do this you choose “split the bill unequally” and you’ll see the new options on how to split a bill in there (% being one of them)

We plan on bringing the % split back in the near future. We’ve gotten a lot of requests for it after we removed it and will be putting it back in very soon. The automatically adding the total up to 100% is something I think would be awesome also. We have talked about it, just don’t have a date on it yet.

I do like the batch idea, and I could see that or something like a “default split” (where it’s 60/40 all the time unless you specify something different). We have discussed the batch processing in the past, and will be addressing it again once our big release comes out.

19. Modifications/additions to the new itemization feature

I like the new itemization feature, but with a group of 5 people, the interface is cramped to the point that it becomes impossible to deselect the 5th person in the grid.

Also, it would be awesome to be able to edit the itemization after the entry has been created, for example, if Billy Bob decides he does want to pay for the cheese balls he does not like, and therefore will not partake of.

Oh, and one other thing; it would be useful to be able to create tax subgroups. Say I bought not only groceries at the store,…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. Include group balances when viewing a friendship (to see the total balance with an individual)

Could you make it so that group balances and individual friend balances are included together, rather than as two separate things?

I have friends on Splitwise who are both (a) in groups with me and (b) in my friends list. Some of our transactions happen inside the group, and others happen in our one-on-one friendships.

Unfortunately, my balance with Person X in the group is treated separately from my balance with the same Person X in my friends list, which makes it very confusing to figure out who owes who.

245 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has now been completed on all platforms: web, iPhone, and Android.

Friendships include group balances in the list of expenses, so when you click on a friend’s name, you will see all transactions with that person.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base