Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. make it easier to see list of all groups

I just switched from classic view to the new view. I did this while looking at the group I made for our ski trip. When it switched, I was taken to the page for my roommates. I now cannot easily, intuitively figure out how to get back to the page with my ski trip group.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. Website is barely usable on Android

Tested on a Galaxy Nexus using the builtin web browser, and Firefox -- the top bar doesn't size correctly, so you can't actually reach the login button without doing something weird like turning your device sideways and zooming out all the way.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. Show historic monthly charts

The current month breakdown is nice, but it would be good to see the historic trend of the expense categories. (e.g. grocery spend over the past 6 months).

159 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now live on the web! Just click the “charts” icon in the upper right of any given group or friend page – you should see “previous” and “next” buttons that enable you to view the chart for any month.

5. please study bill monk first.

Please go through bill monk first.
    And you will know what it can do.
    1)one-to-one transaction history
    2)bill split evenally with whole figure rounding.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. Along with friends, Show individual friends too.

Like ios app does show a summary page with individual friends and groups.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow % addition on iphone app

I really like the % interface on the web app but I cannot seem to get my iphone app to do it. Would be very helpful!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Edit group cancel button

Add a button to the edit group page that doesn't save any changes and goes back to the main screen. Using the back button feels weird.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There's too much white space on the new design

There's no reason to separate everything onto different lines for a single bill, and there's no reason to have the entire center of the screen be nothing but white space. It would be nice to see more than a small handful of items on the screen at the same time

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. Redesign looks great!

I like the ribbon up top, the clear breakdown of who owes what on the left., and having all the deets in the "mostly middle" of the page. I'm not sure if this is a new feature or if I just noticed the ability to split a bill unequally, but thanks for adding it. Keep up the terrific work!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks, and thanks for the specificity of feedback! We’re still tweaking it, but the top ribbon, “mostly middle” debts, and left aligned list of relationships, and unequal bills are all probably here to stay.

So glad to have you on Splitwise!

11. new design wastes too much space

I see more items in classic view. In the redesign, stuff is way spaced out. Doesn't use as much horizontal space. Why are there two lines per expense now? It seemed to work just fine before with one line per expense. I guess I don't see the advantage. A lot of whitespace between lines now too.

The monthly headings take up a lot of space too.

Not really feeling it, folks!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We’ve just made a pretty big update to the new design in order to make it more data-dense and to better use the available space. Take a look and please let us know what you think!

12. Make it clearer how group members I added will sign in

If it sends an invite email to then, I am unaware. I am unsure if they are able to log in and see everything or not.

I love the new interface! I haven't run into any issues yet, besides what is not yet finished. Also, I love the fact that you acknowledge the fact that I have an adblocker in a completely non-intrusive way and suggest that I help out by using word of mouth. By not making me turn the adblocker off, it makes me a lot more likely to suggest it and, perhaps, turn it off anyway and…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Update: we have made it more clear when invites are being sent out and now display some additional information when users have not claimed an account to help resolve these kinds of issues.

Thanks Michael,

I think this is an awesome idea. We are working now on the simplest way to give others visibility into a list of expenses and to make it a non-confusing process to be invited and to invite.

Glad you liked it. Don’t feel a need to click on the ad – in fact, that’s a fake ad anyway. :)

13. Make the date bigger in the new version

New version looks great, but I find the individual dates hard to find when scanning - important for me because I usually add in transactions in bulk by quickly checking where I left off and whether something is already in there.

Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. "Zero Balance" icon and separate grouping

I have 13 groups/trips set up now. We create one for a specific trip and then settle accordingly. I also have groups for 1:1 expenses.

It would be great to have an icon that denotes if the balances in that group are zero or not.

As the number of groups grow, this will help in identifying which ones need to be looked at.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve just released a preview of our new, redesigned web interface, which lists the balances for all of your groups in a sidebar so that you can easily see if you’re settled up. It also hides groups that have been inactive for more than 30 days, so that your screen isn’t cluttered with old inactive groups. Check it out at https://secure.splitwise.com/preview/ and let us know what you think!

16. Allow archiving of groups

I have 13 groups/trips set up now. We create one for a specific trip and once its settled, rather than delete it, would be good to have a archive section where it can be stored perpetually rather than having to delete. The reason I want to delete is because this list will grow over time and then there are way too many of them.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add an option to filter out expenses/payments by user

It would be a nice feature to allow viewing only expenses and payments related to any particular user if required

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added this feature in the web redesign! Click “other actions”, then “hide items not involving me” to see only the transactions that involve you.

(We haven’t decided yet whether to allow you to see only the expenses that involve some /other/ user besides yourself. If that’s a feature you’d like to see, let us know!)

18. Specify items on expenses

Hello, I have been using this amazing tool for almost a year, and I've got some suggestions that might be useful:

1 - Be able to specify which items where in the expense for more clarity, and also optionally the expense group for the items, for expenses with items that belongs to different groups.

2 - The user should be able to create customized expense groups.

3 - I use SW with a friend, but not every expense is shared, so we give eachother the receipts so we can remove what we don't want to go to the site as…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

I’m not sure we did these all in the way you requests, but we do have features that solve this in the app.

1. You can add itemized expenses, though only from the web (we are unlikely to bring this to mobile)

2. You can create groups, though I’m not sure this solves things that way that you want.

3. You can now comment on expenses, so disputes can be resolved in the expense itself.

Marshall

19. Offline mode for mobile

Quite disappointed when I found out your app does not work offline.

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

NOTE: if you are upset that iPhone or Android offline mode does not work in the way that you want, please vote for or add a new idea about your specific issue. I suspect this issue covers most problems related to this idea now: http://feedback.splitwise.com/forums/162446-general/suggestions/9786933-improve-offline-mode-in-iphone-app

It’s much easier for us to figure out what work is important to do next if we have votes for specific problems.

Our iPhone and Android apps now both include offline mode. Offline allows you to add and remove expenses with existing friends and groups, even when you don’t have an internet connection. Any changes you make will be synced later, when you have an internet connection again.

20. Create a group 'messageboard' for your web app

I absolutely love your site, it is beyond useful. What would be great for the web app is if it were possible for group members to have a place to discuss charges or a to do list or even schedule events. Nothing too in-depth, just something that allows users to communicate and keep a record of it.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base