Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Why being bound to groups?

Thanks for the great site!, could you please remove the need for groups so that I can record debts between me and a specific friend without the need of adding him to a group?

Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. email individual on bill share

I can't able to track all the bill's shared by my friend. Everytime I need to come to splitwise webpage to see the bill's. You could add a option on the setting page about send email for each bill shared in the group. Some people like this, some may not. I prefer to receive email on each addition of new bills.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. List more transactions per page

It would be great to have up to 50 or so transactions per page. It stinks when the transactions in a month wrap to the next page. Or list the pages per month instead of just by page. Great app though. We use this website A LOT! Thanks for all of your work.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Have a drop-down calendar for selecting dates

When selecting a date for an expense, you should be able to select from a calendar rather than typing in a full date.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Split an expense equally with individual $ or % adjustment

Use-Case: Utility Bills where in 99.9% of the time it is split equally, except in the case of individual-specific overage charges.

I would like to be able to set the bill to split equally, then add/subtract either a finite $ amount or a % to one person, and then (here's the important part) see the amount the other people owe automatically adjust to still be split equally (amongst the remaining parties) such that the leftover amount is brought back down to $0.00 automatically.

A competing service has this feature and it is very useful to not have to compute manually…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a "notes" field to expenses for more details

Each purchase needs a description field

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. Limit or track past edits

One thing that I have been meaning to suggest is to track latest edits somewhere. Currently, anybody in a group is able to go back to several months before and add expenses. It can be difficult to find where the change was made, and if a person is dishonest about it, it can be very difficult to pinpoint exactly where things went wrong. We discovered this problem in our apartment quite early on, and made rules about it, and thankfully none of us are dishonest :)
    But I was thinking that it might be beneficial/helpful to either limit how far…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is now a recent activity feed and more notifications you can get that will show you changes in your accounts. Expenses also get detailed notes on changes when they are updated so you can be sure you know what’s different.

Marshall

9. Attach a file (an image, PDF, etc.) to a bill

Our household is paperless and we scan every bill and receipt. It would be awesome if we could attach a scan of the receipt to the bill.

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Attachments are now supported on all of our platforms: web, iPhone, and Android. When adding a bill, just click the button that says “Add an image” (web) or the button that looks like a camera (iPhone and Android).

10. Split bills by percentage

Users should be able to enter percentages for expenses (i.e. Alice owes 40%, Bob owes 60%) rather than exact amounts.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added better support for splitting bills by percentage in the redesigned web interface – just add a bill and choose “Split the cost unequally”. We hope to bring this feature to our mobile apps soon.

11. 3 Things

1) Add the ability to split bills by percentage. I hate doing math.
    2) Require members to aprove expenses. My roommate adds groceries and splits it without permission. Screw that.
    3) Add opt in expenses. Like if someone buys food and puts it out in the apartment. I should have the option to join into a split. Get it?
    - You better read this. Or I may build my own splitwise.

[NOTE: Edited for language. -RL]

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Joey,

I’ve split your suggestion into three parts, so that other users can find them more easily and vote on them individually. Here are the links, with quick reponses underneath:

1: http://splitwise.uservoice.com/forums/162446-general/suggestions/2862672-split-bills-by-percentage
    You can actually split by percentage already, though it’s not documented. In the “add expense” pop-up, just enter percentages instead of exact amounts for the total that each person owes. Splitwise will divvy up the cost accordingly. (We’re working on a better, clearer way to do this, too.)

2: http://splitwise.uservoice.com/forums/162446-general/suggestions/2862679-require-users-to-approve-expenses-they-are-involve
    We’ve considered this before and decided against it, but we will be adding two other features that accomplish many of the same things: (1) the ability to receive an email every time an expense is added, and (2) a “dashboard” that shows you the most recent changes to your apartment.

3: http://splitwise.uservoice.com/forums/162446-general/suggestions/2862702-allow-users-to-opt-in-to-expenses
    This is an interesting idea! We’re already planning to add some features that will make…

12. Add optional email notifications for new expenses

Can you add an option to subscribe for an email option whenever an expense is added?

If one of the room mates add an expense in an old date, there is no way i am going to know about it except if i am keeping close watch on my balance.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Done! To turn on notifications for new expenses, go into your user settings (at the top right of the screen, click your name and then “My account”). Under “Notifications”, click the checkbox next to “When a new expense is added”. You’ll receive an email whenever someone else adds an expense that involves you.

We’re also working on notifications for any time an expense is updated, but for technical reasons those probably won’t happen for another month or two. If that sounds like something you’re interested in, let us know!

1 2 30 31 32 34 Next →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base