Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. Feature reques: Move personal balance to group

In the knowledge base article "Why am I settled up in my friendship but still have balances with my friend in groups?", I learned that I can move the balance with A in group G to personal balance with A. However, I need to do the other way around: move the personal balance with A to group G. The story is like this: I owe $1 from A, B, C, D personally and separately, however, they are all in group G, so I would rather to move them to G so that I owe the group $4. Further, if there…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Definitely makes sense! We’re working on better ways of settling up across both personal debts and group debts, because we know it’s a pain in the neck right now :) We hope to have new features to help with that soon!

2. Ability to use "open in Splitwise" for pictures or pdfs of receipts

I use an app called CamScanner to scan my receipts because it crops the receipts and applies a whitening filter to make it look very nice.

I can save this to my camera roll and then import them into splitwise but it would be nice to be able to press "open in splitwise" for any image or pdf. You would have to register the file types your app supports.

Description of technology by Apple:
    If your app is capable of opening specific types of files, you should register that support with the system. This allows other apps, through the iOS…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. let people settle with bitcoins.

I know I'm a nerd obsessed with bitcoin but it would be cool. Expensify, wordpress.com, reddit.com, okcupid, and easyDNS have integrated with bitcoin so it's not as fringe as it may seem.

Love your service by the way.

647 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re definitely considering Bitcoin! We think cryptocurrencies are fascinating (seriously, we’ve held a Providence meet-up about them), and it’s something on our list of possible improvements for the future.

4. To add option to see yearly Expenses

I can see the expenses for individual months. If i want to see combined expenses for multiple months and yearly then there should be a option to see that expenses

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  5. Insert Paypal transaction ID as a note

After using Paypal to settle, you should automatically insert the Paypal transaction ID into the notes section of the payment.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. email batching

just made a bunch of changes to things, someone got 18 emails :/

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a line graph over time.

Provide the option to display the value you owe over time. It would be nice to see how much you've paid off over time...Trends

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. Add print option

Wanted to be able to print Trip split calculator to pass out to group of people before the trip. I can print it via web but looks better if it have print option for registered user to print it in print format.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  9. Textbox for Quantity

Next to the $ text box add a text box for Quantity which will help reduce the amount of time the user when entering itemized bills

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  10. Have amount owed and total bill amount in the history

In the bill history section (the screen that shows when you click the little flag next to the logo) currently it only shows the amount owed or the amount I need to pay. However if I want to check if a certain bill is loaded it is easier to see the total amount of the bill. So can you add the total bill amount to that screen? Thanks!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Not include payments in the expense summary

In the "charts" section, payments get included under "your share". I understand that you want to do the "you paid - your share = you are owed", but the result is that it's harder for me to see exactly how much my share of the trip actually was.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Another good idea George! In fairness, it’s not actually included in the pie chart, just the table of expenses, but I hear what you are saying. If you want to see the trip as what you actually “spent” independent of the payments moving money around, it would be the sum of the “Your share” column minus the payments.

We’ll definitely discuss this issue more as we revisit the charts / why I owe what I owe interface. Thanks again!

12. Support Mozilla Persona for login

Currently I can only login via Facebook or use my email address and password to login. If your site supports Mozilla persona, then I'd not have to use passwords but still choose my email.

Please see: http://www.mozilla.org/persona/ for more information. It doesn't take a huge change on your backend, I'm sure. If you are interested please see: http://pyvideo.org/video/1764/beyond-passwords-secure-authentication-with-mozi-0

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Yearly Spreadsheet option

I'd like to be able to do a print out of the entire year in a spread sheet, so I can calculate my own portions of bills for the entire tax year.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add an unpaid bill

Why can't I add an unpaid bill. I don't care about integrating with my service because I doubt you'll be able to gather bills from the utility company in bfe with no web login. I should be able to add a bill that no one paid, or add a bill that I just recieved that no one has paid. then the first person to pay it can change that.

132 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t have any plans to add the ability to add bills that have not yet been paid for, because we think it could cause confusion. I’m going to leave this under review for further voting and comments.

15. Itemize each persons 'debts'

I wish I could click on the persons name on the left hand of the screen, see how much I owe them, and break it down exactly by what I owe and why.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We try to do this already – when you click a person’s name on the left, it should bring up a screen that tells you their total balance with you, and lists all of the transactions you have with that person (and how much you owe/are owed for each).

Unfortunately, it’s hard to break this down further for groups that use debt simplification…but we’re working on it! We have some ideas, and hopefully you’ll see some updates in the next few months.

16. Showing "owed" amounts one by one

When you click settle up, it shows the total amount between 2 friends. Add a link to see the owed items individually.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Should be able to track expenses between two person in a group

We should be able to see the expenses between two people in a group

Let us suppose there are 3 people in the group A, B and C

Then A should be able to see the recent transactions between him and B
    (A and B ) and between him and C (A and C)

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. add the ability to link to bank accounts

we did this with paydivvy. its the one thing that separated them from everyone else. now that paydivvy is being acquired we need a new service. hopefully connecting bank accounts is part of your plan already! makes it a lot easier to just press "pay" rather than cutting a check each time

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We’d definitely like to do this! It’s unlikely to happen any time in the next few months (it takes a lot of work to properly and securely integrate with banks), but hopefully it’s something we can consider in the future.

19. Create bill templates

I add bills at the end of the month...when I do, there are usually similar groups, for instance, I do groceries at once, but every goshdarn bill I add, I have to redo the changes I made to each successive one, each time it requires several clicks, if I could instead make a template and reuse it, it would make it far easier for me. Or copy an old one and change what I needed. For instance, all you'd need to add is a right click or link that said "create new bill from old" next to the bills when…

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve been thinking about something like this for monthly utility bills, where the total cost changes month-to-month but everything else stays the same. We’re looking into it!

20. Keep debts on PDF summary until paid

I love splitwise. One thing I have a problem with though is remembering old debts. I have a couple things people owe me for that are beyond a month old so there for they no longer show up on the summary. The amounts of those items do carry over at the bottom but that is no good if we can't remember what the debt was for (i.e I paid someone's share of the Christmas decorating expense) having a name attached to older debts is really helpful so everyone can remember

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base