Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. Selecting members involved

I have a big list of people and selecting people involved in a bill is a pain in the butt to me, as I have to scroll down and painstakingly look at all the ones. I suggest that if you have several columns ( as in a grid with all the people) it will be so much easy to check the people involved and check my checks as-well.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. List view for past expenses

I would love to see a list view of all past individual transactions for each individual in our group, rather than only the graph view currently displayed.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When editing an unequal split, load the entered # of shares or %

The main problem we've been encountering is that the editing of expenses is a bit annoying. We usually split the costs unequally and in parts (when someone brings over a friend or when a plate is eaten during several meals), but when we want to edit the number of parts (to add someone who ate later or simply to correct a mistake), only the amount to be paid by each person is remembered by the website and the number of parts everyone had seems to be forgotten by the app, although that was the input that it became at the…

133 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Updating our response since it’s been a long time since the idea was opened. Even though saving the type of unequal split feels like something that would obviously be nice to have (I certainly would use it myself every so often), it requires a change to our data structures, and is therefore a bunch of difficult work to fix, especially since it would need to be fixed separately across iPhone, Android, and web.

If you have a specific use case where not having this feature is really bothering you a lot, please email support@splitwise.com, or comment below to let us know why it’s important to you. The original poster’s meal example is clear and I’m wondering if there are other reasons why it is needed, or any easier way for us to fix it.

In terms of the priorities of our small team, most bills on Splitwise are split…

5. make a way to transfer debt between two people

i go out with two of my friends, who they dont interact with each other on their daily lives. One of them paid for all of us. So he is stuck with a dept to a guy that he barely knows. Best solution is to transfer the dept to me. In order to do that right know we need two people and three different transactions. Apart from that, I want to let you guys know you do an amazing job! Thanks!

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can definitely see how this would be a useful feature, but it’s also a fairly rare case in our experience, so it’s not yet on our roadmap. If we do eventually add it, we’ll want to make sure that it works in a non-confusing way, as we’ve found that various other features that transfer debt (the “simplify debts” setting in groups, etc) can sometimes cause serious confusion for the people involved.

6. add discount

when splitting a bill item wise, please also add a category of discounts, along with tax columns that are there... also please allow users to add more tax rows if need be

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Integrate with Mint.com

Is there anyway you can make Splitwise interface with mint.com? I understand this might be a weird idea because Splitwise is not a bank :) But mint is a great app to keep track of monthly expenses. It tracks the expenses from the bank account. I keep thinking how great it would be if somehow my Splitwise account could be registered in mint.com. That would make the data in mint so much more usable for me. All the proper transactions from Splitwise can be available there.

I say this because mint fails now because of situations like when I pay…

387 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. An itemized bill that is not yet paid by anyone, but owed by a group separately

Monthly bills could require contribution from different people. In the days of electronic payments, it is possible that a group of people share a single bill, but pay their contribution separately. For instance, a small company's employees share a single cellular business plan, but pay their own portions personally.

So the entire total is not paid by one person, and other people in the group paying that person back. Rather, it is a shared bill being paid for by each person in the group, for their contribution. It would be good to use as a tool to track whether other…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have an easy way to enter multiple payments

I wish there was an easy way to record multiple payments (e.g. everyone in the group pays $500 to Michael)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. "A copy bill" function

E.g. we get cable bill every month. Itemize it because different people want special features etc. Like 10 items typically in the bill. Usually the same but sometimes get PPV. Pain in the butt to re-enter every time. Should be able to copy a bill and use it as a foundation for a new bill.

324 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a neat idea! We have “reoccurring bills” but I can see how “duplicate this specific bill once, now” would be a useful functionality to add. We will consider this as we continue to improve Splitwise. Regards

11. import bill directly

I buy groceries online (a long bill) and dont like entering each item one by one. Can u add a feature to inport a bill in excel or other format so that dont have to enter each itemm individually?..would be of great help

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. rent splitting calculator enhancements

fairness calculator is great however if you could add the following that would be great:

parking bay (garage)
    parking bay (outside)
    option if room is outside the main house e.g. maid quarters
    additional private room (if someone has a room plus e.g. an office or play room)
    pets (people with pets should pay more)

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make it easier to split Foodler orders

The current UI is cumbersome when splitting up a shared Foodler order (or GrubHub, etc). I wish there was some kind of integration, like a button on Foodler which automatically splits the order up, or a UI flow that eases the data entry on the SplitWise site.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While we don’t have plans to support Foodler or Grubhub specifically, we do plan to add better support for adding complicated food orders to the system.

Marshall

14. Display the old and new balances for each person involved in Debt Simplification

Debt simplification is a very good idea, but it lacks one most important thing. The old and new balances for each participant with the friends they simplified with. This is causing a lot of confusion, as to who was owing how much before the debt was simplified. So, it is urgently required if you could add the details about how much each person paid and how much each person gets back after the debt simplification.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Integrate with GoCardless for Payments

It would be great to avoid the pain and frustration of paypal and just link my GoCardless account with Splitwise so people could pay me via the app or a simple GoCardless URL

They (https://gocardless.com) offer really simple payments with a 1% transaction charge up to a maximum of £2.

Their API is fantastic, very well documented and I think it would be very simple to integrate with.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. Can you add a note taking option which is related to any expense but as of now not needed to added.

Like this month I forget to add a expense and the account is already settled for current month. As of now I don't want to add anything but want to keep a note of that, so start of next month I will add it and additionally keeping several other reminders which need to be covered in coming months. But that should only be view-able to me and not other users.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re not currently planning to add personal notes to the app, though if this gets enough votes, we’ll probably do it. You can add an expense with the date set in the future for the specific case you have (it still shows up in the current balances, but is in the future).

Marshall

17. restore option in dashboard

it allows me to delete one by one that too it take me to individual sheet eveyrtime. Kindly suggest if there is any easy wayaround

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We’re planning to revisit that UI soon and this problem should go away in one of our upcoming versions. Unfortunately, until then, there’s no good workaround. You could submit a support ticket with details of which expenses you want undeleted and we may be able to do them all at once.

Marshall

18. Detailed summary of debts

it would be very handy to have, next to the existing summary of how much someone owes to someone else, an overview of how much someone owes to someone else for which reason.
    For example: Bart owes in total € 200 to Tom, of which € 40 for energy bill 1/01/2012; € 60 beers bill of 2/01/2012 and € 120 rent of october.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. Upload a PDF

Please add the option to upload a PDF file or link to a PDF file on the internet with the option to share a username and password to access it.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I could see how having a password pdf to be used within a group or friends would be helpful. I’ll bring it up at our next meeting and see if it’s something we’d like to add.

20. Edit friends name.

I want to edit the name of my friend as I want it so that i can distinguish between them and find out who he is looking at his name as some of my friends have the same name it is really becoming tough for me.

463 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can see how this would be a huge help for people who have many friends with the same name who refuse to add their last name to their accounts! This isn’t on our roadmap yet, but it’s something we’ll consider in the future.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base