Skip to content

General

376 results found

1. Themes

Giving the possibility to change interface colours and theme could be a nice feature!
    Thank you for your hard work

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Thanks for the suggestion! We’re a really small team, so we have to be very focused on what we work on. Themes wouldn’t really change how easy it is to use our app, so it’s unfortunately not something we can spend time on at the moment.

Marshall

2. Ordering Bills

I believe it makes sense to have bills manually sorted by participants in Group. Doing so, it will be easier to arrange items sorted so that people in Group will easily memorize expenses in historical order.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Bills are sorted by the date of the bill. You should be able to change the date when you add or edit the expense, which should let people keeps things in historical order.

Marshall

3. Débitos mensais

As despesas que são mensais não deveriam entrar na conta do mês corrente, somente no mês do débito dela. Se não, qual a utilidade de ter a opção de repetir a despesa todo mês?!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

¡Gracias por la sugerencia! Si usted está en un grupo, hay una opción para exportar el resumen de ese mes, que podemos traer a frienships en algún momento. No tenemos planes para agregar los gastos que no forman parte de los saldos totales, pero podríamos agregar funciones para que pueda ver el saldo en un momento determinado. El sistema recurrente debe agregar las cuentas en el futuro alrededor del tiempo que deben ser parte de los saldos. Por favor, envíenos un correo electrónico a support@splitwise.com si usted está viendo un comportamiento inesperado con facturas recurrentes.

Marshall

4. Drinks category

I don't drink alcohol at all but if I like to tag drinks on splitwise, there is just an "Schnapps" category with the picture of a wine bootle. Could you please add a drinks or beverages category or at least rename it?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ve separated out the Schnapps category from the Groceries category because we found that the distinction between alcohol and other foodstuffs was clear to most people. Adding a Drinks category separate from Groceries would add a lot of ambiguity for not much benefit (is milk drinks or groceries, for example). We also have the Dining out category for anything at restaurants.

I’m sorry we don’t have the best set of categories for you, but I don’t expect we will add a separate Drinks category.

Marshall

5. Comment

It will be better if we can upload a picture of bill in comment section. So that anyone from group can cross check if he/she want. It actually needed when u r not that much familiar with your friend ( new friend or classmates ).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. enable audio attachments in addition to receipts

We have a swear jar set up, so each time the other person swears you add a dollar to the swear jar group. per swear there's a comment for context, it'd be swell if you could attach audio recordings.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  7. Pay directly in-app

Integrate with PayPal or Apple pay

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, PayPal has not allowed us to offer our PayPal integration on mobile outside of the US. You can use PayPal with Splitwise from our website outside the US.

Apple pay doesn’t really support peer-to-peer payments at the moment, so it’s not something we can add to our app.

We are always looking at other payment providers.

Marshall

8. Ask to update the total when the sum is different when splitting unequally.

When we go to lunch we always split the bill unequally. The problem is, the time I enter the amount of each person I don't know the total amount to pay. This forces us to calculate the total amount first then entering the amount for each person. It would be very handy for us that the application to ask updating the total if the sum does not match instead of refusing to save.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

I’m not sure if this is applicable as a use case for Splitwise. Splitwise is designed for people who want to “split” a shared expense, which assumes the existence of a single expense that must be broken down into shares that each person owes.

Are you getting separate cheques at lunch and then adding them up? If that is the case then you should probably be adding those as separate expenses.

I’d love to hear more about what your exact use case is.

9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. I’m not sure what you mean. Group expenses are separated by month but you should be able to see every group bill by scrolling, not just group bills from the last 1-2 months. If you’re having a problem with this please email support@splitwise.com? Thanks

10. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A high percentage of Splitwise bills get edited within 1 minute of being added. So we’ve introduced a 1 minute delay between when a bill gets added and when people get notified about it. We think it would be annoying to be double-notified. This affects “Activity” since that system is the same as our notifications system. Sorry for any trouble!

11. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble. We think it’s important to show deleted expense in ACTIVITY — I shouldn’t be able to delete an expense with you and then also delete the record of the deletion, that would be really bad! If you need any help understanding your ACTIVITY please write support@splitwise.com. Thanks!

12. Order groups by most recent expense time

I want to have my most recently active group to appear on top in the groups tab on Android

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Keeping groups in a stable position allows users to develop muscle memory. We think it would be confusing if users had to visually scan for the group they want each time they view the GROUPS tab. I hear your argument but it’s just a trade off we’ve made in the other direction. Sorry for any bother! Cheers.

13. New category for vacation

If you are on vacation, you have a lot of different shared expenses: flights and hotels, but also e.g. museum admissions, attractions. Right now, these stay uncategorized. It would be great to have a dedicated category for attractions or vacation.

The best solution to all these category requests would be to add a (pro?) feature to manage categories: remove those you don't need, and add new categories!

Cheers,
    Hannes

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion Hannes! I would expect our “Entertainment” category would cover these kinds of items right now. We might add something that lets you remove categories at some point, but we do not expect to be adding the ability to add new categories.

Cheers,
    Marshall

14. Random name selector

In many occasions, there would be a need to get things from shop, pay bill and many other activities in bachelors life. Since this app is extensively used by bachelors, random name selector will pick random name from the group and he/she will be assigned to the activity which is in need.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. Core Splitwise is focused primarily on splitting expenses, so we don’t have plans to add features that are outside of tracking bills. Sorry about that!

15. Allow multiple ways of calculating unequal splitting and multiple payers

For example,
    In a meal for 4 people totally $60, person A ordered a drink for $14
    Then everything else is split equally between 4 people
    But person B is paying for themselves and person C

So ideally I would be able to use the +/- function for person A
    Person A +$14
    ($44 left)
    Then use the shares function for
    Person A shares 1 ($11)
    Person B shares 2 ($22)
    Person D shares 1 ($11)

So ideally it could be done in one step
    Person A +$14, share 1 ($25)
    Person B shares 2 ($22)
    Person C shares 1…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I've got a few groups active on the app, some of which have common members (but not exclusively). is it possible to create a 'supergroup'

the supergroup could select multiple groups and therefore combine the expenses across common members. settlement via the supergroup could then be used to wipe out debts from a certain member or group.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I definitely see the advantages of a feature like this, but we’ve experimented with some similar things before, and ultimately decided that they introduce too much confusion without adding enough benefits. Unfortunately, I don’t think we’re likely to add the ability to bundle multiple groups together for debt simplification and other purposes.

17. Allow to choose bill mailing date

We have an apartment group where we settle our bills on 7th or 8th of every month. Currently we receive a mail for month's balance at the start of each month. It'd be helpful if we have a settings to change this to any desired date of each month.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I see how this would be nice to have, but unfortunately this is not something we can add to our current infrastructure and it’s not something we’re likely to be able to change.

Marshall

18. Add Toman Currency, Iranian common but unofficial currency

In the daily life of Iranians, the currency called "Toman" is more frequently used than the official currency, "Rial (IRR)", because of a lot of zeros!
    Toman is one tenth of Rial, i.e. 10000 Rial is equal to 1000 Toman.
    Please add this currency (or replace it with Rial), because it makes confusion and error by the users frequently.
    Thank you

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the message, and sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately, I’m afraid our list of currencies is restricted to currencies with official international currency codes, so we can’t add the Toman right now :(

I did some research, and I saw that there have been efforts to replace the Rial with either the Toman or a new unit called the Parsi, but most of the articles that mentioned this possible change were several years old. If a currency change ever becomes official, we’d be happy to add the new unit of currency. Until then, my apologies for the inconvenience!

19. "Simplify debts with" in a group

It could be usefull to redirect simplified debts with a person in a specific group, instead of non-group

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We don’t plan to make any changes to the “Simplify debts with” algorithm. We do offer simplify debts as an ongoing toggle in groups, which we think is usually a much better solution to the simplify debts problem, though we kept the more general one around for rare cases where it’s needed. You can always edit a specific Simplify debts entry and move it into a group if you want to.

Marshall

20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We don’t currently plan to make groups publicly visible/searchable, but you CAN share a public link to join your group if you’d like. You can get a “group share” link by opening the group settings page on our website. (We hope to add this feature to our mobile apps in the near future, too!)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base