Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Optimal Settlement Plan for Group

We are a group of 6 friends trying to share our travel expenses. The settlement is far from optimal. At the end each person needs to make 5 settlements while this is not necessary.
    You can add a little code to achieve minimum number of settlement to improve the user experience. Well here is the idea of the algorithm:
    1. sort positive balance (to receive money) by value from largest to smallest
    2. sort negative balance (to pay out money) by largest absolute value to smallest absolute value
    3. use the largest absolute valued negative balance to pay the largest…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Thanks for the suggestion! We have a very similar feature in groups. If everyone on the trip is in a group, you can turn on Simplify debts which will reduce the number of payments similar to how you suggest.

Marshall

2. keep going!

love the app, love the web. I was starting a similar project and found yours and you are now my "goal". For me this is a personal project to see if I can build such things, but you put the bar quite high!

I saw that you are a small team, and the "Made with ☻ in Providence, RI, USA" is nice, I am a senior embedded engineer which is learning Angular2 and iOS/Android.

I will keep an eye on your company.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Symbol for indian Rupees Currency

It's been so long that Indian Rupees symbol is out. Please include it in Splitwise.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We use the official Unicode symbol for INR (₹) on all devices that support it. If you are using an older mobile device or an older computer, you may still see “INR”, “Rs”, or even a “[?]” symbol to represent that your device does not know how to display the modern rupee symbol.

5. if it is not completely settlement then it allow u to enter how much money is settled and how much is left

I am using this and sometime we had a problem beacuse everytime we don't settle completely so please add a option if it is not full settlement then how much is settled and how much is left

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  6. Insert a grand total for all expenses for a group

It would be nice to see a grand total of all expenses for individual groups. I realize this can be done by exporting the data then adding it up, but it just seems like an inefficient process that can be eliminated by inserting a simple sum function.

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Group totals exist as a feature on both iOS and Android, and on the website, you can see totals in a group by going to “View printable summary” from the month header above your expenses in the list, and choosing “all time” as the date range on the top right corner.

7. Really amazing application

On each expanse it shows the time like.. 3 days ago,2 weeks ago..
    But there should be a exact date and time on activities.
    And a search feature so than one can easily search the particular expanse..

Thanks..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add BYN to currencies.

Hey guys! Since July 2016 in Belarus we have new currency after redenomination. It's called BYN - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Belarusian_ruble. Could you please add it to the app? Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Splitwise automatically hides any transactions that have been fully settled. When you settle up with a friend, or when your group fully settles up, all old expenses are automatically hidden behind a tap or click. (However, we do not delete the transactions, because we think it’s important to be able to review that data later if you wish.)

If you’re looking for a different behavior, let me know in the comments and I’d be happy to pass on your suggestions :) Have a great day!

10. Exchange rate option for multiple currencies missing

If exchange rate can be fed amongst currencies by user then final balance can be achieved in single currency.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Splitwise already supports this feature. In split options, choose to “split by shares”. Everyone else pays for 1 share. Your friend who is with his family pays for x shares, where x = total number of family members.

12. Donations

Do you accept donations? If not how to do you fund this project. I ask because I love it so much I would hate to see it shut down.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am not allowed to change the people involved while editing a Transaction in the group.

While editing a transaction in a group, I can not add new people to the Transaction. This was supported before.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Splitwise still supports editing group transactions. However, it sounds like you may be trying to edit a transaction where one of the people involved has left the group. In that case, you would need to add that person back to the group before you can edit old expenses that involve them.

If you’re still having issues, email us at support@splitwise.com and let us know what bill you’re trying to edit – we’d be happy to look into it and figure out what’s up.

14. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the confusion! You can remove a group member at any time, as long as that person has settled up all of their group balances. Just go to the group’s settings page, then hit the “X” next to that person’s name.

15. Help for new users

I am new to the site, and so are my friends. There should be a video available to understand how to use the site.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  16. Add payee using Mobile number

Allow yourself to add a payee using mobile number. Too often you don't have people's email addresses and need to add a payment owing.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Adding contacts iOS vs Android

It's kind of strange that you add contacts in iOS with their email address and on android with their phone number. So I got some doubled contacts on my phone.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the confusion! You should be able to add contacts by either email address or phone number* on both platforms. Is it possible that you have different contact book info on your devices (e.g. maybe your iPhone has someone’s email address on it, but your Android device only has their phone number)?

*Adding contact by phone number may be disabled or modified in some countries where SMS invites are legally restricted.

18. Have default currency symbols

It's not fair that Americans get "$" and we get "EUR" :(

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmm…have you changed your default currency on your account settings page? If your default currency is “EUR”, then we should automatically use the Euro symbol when showing expenses.

19. Allow scanning of bills

When I ass expense please allow importing of scanned bill so that it can be better tracked

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re using our mobile apps, you can add a picture of a bill/receipt by tapping on the camera icon while adding an expense.

If you’re using our website, choose the “Add image/notes” option while adding a bill. The website allows you to attach images as well as files such as PDF or documents.

20. Update the legal terms like year

Pls update the year under settings

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base