General

376 results found

1. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Thanks for the suggestion! I definitely see how this would be useful, but unfortunately we don’t have plans to add it as a feature right now, as we believe it could easily be used for harmful purposes (e.g. secretly deleting a balance with your friend so that you don’t have to pay them back). For now, we want to make sure that everyone on Splitwise has a full record of all the changes in their account.

2. add sub coloumn.

if in a group I add groceries then there should be area to add individual items so that everyone can see distribution of total. life if total is 100 then inside should also show 30 for milk 60 for bread and 10 for sauce. thanks

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We do have a feature like this on our website (“itemized bills”), but unfortunately we don’t have any plans to add that feature on mobile right now. We’ve tried designing it, but it always feels like way too much work to add tons of individual items on a mobile device, where there’s less space onscreen and typing is more difficult. For now, your best solution on mobile is probably to include information about the items that you split in the expense notes, or to attach a picture of the receipt to the expense. Apologies for the inconvenience!

3. There should be FYI section to keep the actuall biller aware

Hi there should be FYI section to keep the actuall biller aware. Lets say we are 3 friend x y z.i am charging to x for the expenses made by y. Y is not on splitwise or not in that group or Y has some arrangement with X to pay in his behalf. Instead making another group for this,we want a FYI section so that whatever i charge to X, Y get informed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately, we don’t plan to add automated notification features for people who are not on Splitwise, or not involved in a given group/expense. If you wish, you can always use the “Export as spreadsheet” or “View printable summary” features, and then save or print that spreadsheet/summary to share with other people. Our apologies for the inconvenience!

4. Email Printable Summary to Group

It would be nice to email printable summary to the group who does not use splitwise

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We currently send monthly summaries to everyone who has signed up for Splitwise and have pre-written balance reminders you can send to anyone in the group we can email. We also have the monthly PDF you can get from the group (click on the month name in the expense list) that should be suitable for sending to housemates.

Marshall

5. can i edit a name of group members just for my view...bcoz right now I can see their usernames ??

I think you should have an option of editing a name of group member just for view..I.e. it shows username.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Zoe responded

Hi there. On Splitwise each user gets to choose their display name. Similar to Facebook etc. We may some day implement a ‘nickname’ feature but it’s not on the road map. Cheers!

6. Please add facility, Whenever any one do settle his a/c with me, the settlement not complete, till I'm not accept his settlement entry.

Please add facility, Whenever any one do settle his a/c with me, the settlement not complete, till I'm not accept his settlement entry, so I know that who want to settle A/c with me. Because in present, any one settle his a/c without informing or paying me his balance through his A/c.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! We’ve done this in the past, but found that it was generally not a good system. We do understand wanting to be able to track this kind of detail, though, so you can opt in to payment notifications, see changes in your recent activity feed and comment on or edit payments when they seem incorrect to you.

We don’t plan to add a specific feature for confirming payments, but we hope the features above will be enough to let you keep track of payments.

Marshall

7. Update and universal

Update Plates and make both universally available for iOS and macOS.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately we don’t have the resources right now to expand Plates to other platforms, but we hope to make some updates to the iPhone app in the future!

-Novall

8. Please make a time recording billing app for lawyers

Splitwise is so easy to use and records all expenses, as a lawyer, I wish I could record my time the same way. We can create groups of people working on a particular case. Everyone will record their time. At the end of the month bills can be created by adding all the time recorded. With an "export to excel option" we can use the app to edit the bills. Billing couldnt get simpler than this, thanks to splitwise :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, we’re not planning to track anything other than money with Splitwise, so adding time tracking isn’t something we’ll do.

Marshall

9. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much! I’m glad you like the app. I’m declining this because there’s not a specific thing to fix here – I’m not sure how to know if we have enough bunnies :)

Marshall

10. The settle up option should available only for the who need to get the money. Or if the the other person done a settle up, it should wait fo

The settle up option should be available only for the one who need to get the money Or if the other person done a settle up, it should wait for the acknowledgement of the other person. Now it's just showing in activity log saying Person A paid Person B. Person B only able to add comments not able to revert it if the person A settle up with out paying the money.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. Person B can always delete the payment if they never received it and we don’t plan to limit this as it breaks a lot of useful cases.

Marshall

11. payment directly from your app to other people in the group try linking banks or e-wallets

link e-wallets apps so that it will bring more interest in the app. and it would be better and easy.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We have integrations with PayPal and Venmo where they are available, but haven’t added anything beyond that. Please let us know which e-wallet you would use or find that app in our feature request forum and vote for it.

Marshall

12. Settle up in group

I think it would be great if, at some point in the month, maybe the end, you could just click a button to settle everyone up - aka everyone goes back to zero.

Sometimes my roommates and I decided we're all settled up and don't want to go about putting who paid who and deal with change and what not.

It would be great to just decide, "we're settled up" so that every thing went back to zero and the non-simplified version of debts could restart from scratch.

Current method for settle up in group is difficult, bcoz we have…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can see the utility of this, but I don’t see how to implement this without either

- adding fake payment records
    - just plain deleting old data

Neither of these feel acceptable to me.

Your current balance in a group is calculated as a sum of all your balances from previous expenses.

For your use case, if you’d like to wipe the slate, I’d recommending creating a new group with the same name and renaming the older group to something like _old.

13. Put full list of who pays who in printable summary

I made a group for a trip. After entering all expenses and simplifying debts, I wanted to send out a list showing A pays B $X, B pays C $Y, etc. But as far as I can tell, that information is only available by hovering over each name in the group one by one, so it's not easy to get a complete view of what is going on.

Can that list be put into the printable summary?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m only declining this because we have a different view that shows this information. If you go to the group and look at the balances on the right, you should see a link to “view full details”. This will show you the exact repayment breakdown for everyone in the group.

Marshall

14. Allow people to search for existing users

I know my friend has a splitwise account, but since I don't have his email I can't add him to my group. You should be able to search for someone's name if they have an existing splitwise account and be able to add them from there. It's extremely frustrating to have someone who owes me money tell me they're on splitwise and then have them stop responding when I ask them what email they used.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Very sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately we don’t have plans to allow you to search for users by name :(

Most names on Splitwise are not unique – for example, there are hundreds of Splitwise users named “Scott”, and many do not include a last name. There are also security and abuse concerns, as search-by-name could be used to easily add debts with people who you do not actually know.

My apologies for the inconvenience! I realize this is a pain, but because Splitwise works in a very open manner (e.g. you don’t have to manually approve every friend request you receive), we require an email address or phone number to help verify that you know the other person.

15. Search group by group owner id

It would be great if there is an option to search group and send request to the group for joining, rather than group owner adding everybody to the group.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, we consider this a security risk, since it would allow you to view the names of any groups that your friends belong to. (For example, many people use their address as the name of their group, so this might allow you to look up someone’s home address without their permission.) For now, you’ll have to ask an existing group member to either (a) add you to the group manually or (b) send out the group share link, which allows anyone to join the group by following a special link. Sorry for the trouble!

16. photo

Set it up so that when I take a photo using the app for the reciepts, it saves a copy to my phone

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion, and sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately, we don’t plan to add this feature – we’ve found that most people don’t wish to save copies of their receipts on their phone, especially when those receipts are already backed up to Splitwise.

One possible workaround would be to take a picture of your receipt with your phone’s camera app, then open Splitwise afterward and choose to attach that receipt picture from your photo gallery. I realize that’s not a great alternative, though, so apologies for the inconvenience!

17. Have list-sorting options for the "Groups" list in the lefthand sidebar

My housemates and I create a new group each month to split expenses. It would be easier to locate the right group in the list if we could choose to sort by "recently created". Or, if we could reverse the alphabetical order, then we could start the group name with the number of the month, and the current month would rise to the top :)

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! We don’t plan to add support for custom sorting, but groups that have been settled for more than 30 days should automatically be hidden from your list of groups. Hopefully that helps cut down the length of your list a bit!

Also, can I ask why you create a new group every month for expenses? Most Splitwise users just use one group on an ongoing basis, since it lets them keep a history of all their spending in one place. (It also lets them use features like recurring bills, as well as debt simplification w/ many expenses.) I’d love to better understand how you’re using Splitwise, so I can pass on that feedback :)

18. away / vacation mode

I'd like a feature where you could enter the start and end date some member temporarily leaves a group (e.g. if said member is on vacation etc.). By default all expenses would be split between the remaining members during that time period.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can definitely see how this would be useful, but unfortunately it would also add a fair bit of complexity to how managing group members works, and it seems likely to confuse other group members. (For example, say you temporarily excluded some people from expenses, but then another user logged in to add an expense, expecting that it would be split among all group members.)

For now, your best bet in this scenario is to actually remove those temporary people from your group, and then add them back again when they come back. While they’re gone, they won’t be able to access the group, but as soon as you re-add them they should have full access to everything, including any expenses from before they left. I realize that’s not a perfect solution, but I hope it helps!

19. Lending

Is there the facility for Lending money to another person within the group. Apps like Share a Bill have this facility

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ve considered lending, but don’t plan to add it to the app. You can record lending money by adding an expense where the person you are lending money to owes you the full amount.

Marshall

20. Settling bills with multi group friends

When settling bills with a friend who is in multiple group, if exact amount is paid, the payment is divided and both the groups are settled. But if the amount paid is not exact, there should be some mechanism to settle the groups.
    Suggestion
    After paying a certain amount , the group with maximum due amount should be settled first followed by group with next highest due and so on.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

I think I understand the suggestion, and thanks for your thoughts, but this solution would be very to build and even more complex to explain/design a UI for.

Settle All Balances is already very confusing even when a payment cancels everything exactly, so we’re not likely to double down on this approach. I apologize but I’m going to decline your request.

As a good work-around for now, I recommend you manually record one payment as two separate payments if you have strong preferences about how a partial payment should be allocated across groups.

Best,
    Jon

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base