Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Show only those friends on home page which either owe me money or to whom I owe money. Other friends can be hidden under 'old.......friends'

Currently, when I select All Balances.. in the drop down above my friends list you show friends with whom I've settled up balances too. You should only show those friends who either owe me money or to whom I owe money. Other friends can be hidden in that menu at bottom. Like that, the list will shrink and will probably show me in one view all friends with pending balances..

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Export to excel

There shall be an option of exporting the balances to excel in a similar way as "detailed statement of bank account".

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  3. make it easy to see all expenses ever

Sometimes I want to go way back in the expense history without needing to keep clicking "see more" I just want to see them all in like a csv or something. It might also be nice to be able to see certain types of expenses, like all the ones marked as "rent" or "utilities".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. Multi Currency

I wish there was a way to convert multi currency into one home currency to square off debits.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Splitwise does support currency change/conversion features. There’s 2 types of currency operations:

Currency change - this will simply change the currency on ALL your bills/expenses to a desired currency. For example if you have an expense between 3 friends for USD 100 and you use this feature, the bill amount will simply change it to EUR 100. This feature is useful for cases where you or your friend made a mistake while setting the currency earlier and now simply want to correct that mistake.

To use this feature, simply click on your name on the top right on our website and navigate to the ‘Your account’ section. Here, you’ll find an option to ‘Set all bills to EUR’ in the ‘Advanced’ section at the bottom. This feature is free to use for all Splitwise users.

Do note that this change is IRREVERSIBLE. Once you choose to change your…

6. Group totals should include non-default currencies

View group totals should show all currencies, not just the default one

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: on mobile, groups now show all balances on the group screen.

This makes total sense – leaving it under review to see how many other users need this.

Best,
    Jon

7. 9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adding a participant to a bill shows several options for that same participant

Hi,

Often when I add someone to a bill on Android (filling the "With you and" field) I tend to get confused on what to select from the autocomplete.

For example, I input a friend's name (already using Splitwise) and I get several options for that friend, including several e-mail addresses he owns. Even after I learned that the first option, the Splitwise persona, is usually the best, this still confuses me.

I think a solution to this would be to have different icons shown next to contacts in the autocomplete - the Splitwise logo for Splitwise accounts, and just…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: with the Android 4.0 release, the address book icon is now an envelope to make it a little more clear that this will invite a new person

This is something we do plan to fix, but it’s stuck on some odd technical issues so I can’t promise a solution soon. For now, as you noted, the first entry is the correct one.

Marshall

9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Within each month, expenses should be listed in date wise order. If you’re seeing something different, please submit a ticket with a screenshot of the issue.

Marshall

10. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m assuming this is an issue when adding expenses? If so, you can click on the equally token when adding an expense and choose who is involved in the expense.

Marshall

11. option to delete settled bills permanently

I have some friends with whom I have settled up. Still they appear on my home tab with remark settled up. Either there should be an option to not to see settled up friends on home tab. or to delete settled bills parmanently.

see if we can have this.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: this is now available on Android with the 4.0 release!

On the website and iPhone app, we automatically hide friends/groups that you’ve been settled up with for more than 30 days. This feature is currently not supported on Android, but is planned in a future update.

12. Sync users' email and phone numbers.

Some of my friends have registered using their email IDs and others have used their phone #s. Every time I add a friend, I am required to enter the correct credentials with which they have registered.
    It would make a great app much better if these details could be synced automatically.
    One way could be to take the user's permission and update the phone number upon installation/update.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Mercy responded

Our system remembers the multiple email addresses and phone number a user has associated with their Splitwise account so they can be added by any of these pieces of information. However, these are still dependent on the user adding them or accepting an invite from another email address. Also be aware that they are under the control of the user so they can be removed from their account if they do not want this information there which will prevent them from being added by it.

13. Put a basic calculator that pops out while writing the total expense

Sometimes, a calculator is needed to add up all the trip or shopping expenses which has to be distributed amongst some.So below the description, there can be a button next to expense which can pop out on click. We can do all the calculations and when we press okay on the calculator, the same amount will be reflected in the expense area.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Mercy responded

On the web you can input calculations directly into the amount field and the result will be input when you save the expense.

14. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Extremely sorry about the mess up! The crash on iOS 7 with the latest release was a mistake, and should be fixed in a release that has already been submitted to Apple and is pending review. As soon as the update becomes available, the app should start working again on iOS 7.

16. Close a Group instead of deleting it

Can you add a feature to Close a Group instead of deleting it?
    All participants have to be Settled up to close a group. People cannot add expenses to a closed group. Show these groups is a separate section. It will help keep the history of groups.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: Android now also hides groups that have been settled for more than 40 days.

While we don’t have plans for implementing a feature to close a group, we do have a feature on the web and iOS (coming soon to Android) where we hide groups and friends that have been settled up for more than a month automatically from your summary view.

17. 3D Touch feature

The newly added 3D Touch feature doesn't work. It doesn't take to Add bill page. Also it will be great if you add frequently used group like say home rent share as a direct link in 3D Touch shortcuts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  18. The ability to add bill to group with non-group participants

We are a group of about 9 that often do things together (go out to eat, go to the movies and such). As we do it on a regular basis we just keep track of things with splitwise. However sometimes during our events we bring along people from outside the group that join in. If we then would have splitwise split the bill we couldn't add it to our group as we got non group members. This means that we suddenly have bills which are pretty much group based outside the group creating the need for double payments instead of…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do have this in the app right now, but it’s a little hard to find. When you’re adding an expense with your group, you can just add more people to the list of tokens next to the group at the top of the add bill form. It won’t keep the non-group people on the expense permanently, but it will create 2 separate expenses from the initial version that you added, one in the group and one with just the other people.

The only tricky part is that the person paying for the expense usually needs to be the one to add it to the system in this case.

Marshall

19. 1. after you settle up- show history somewhere.

Hello,
    i'm using your application and i noticed there is something missing (for me at least).
    i was using the app with my roommate to put monthly bills, but after i settle up with her and i wasn't sure if i charge her for the internet bill of last month i had nowhere to go see if i did it or not.
    So i have a 2 suggestion:
    1. after you settle up- show history somewhere.
    2. an option to enter bills by months so ppl can see the bill and for what month the bill was for.

Would love…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Once you settle up with a friend or settle up with everyone in a group, we hide all the previous expenses with them, but we don’t delete them.

To view them, you can simply tap on the big green checkmark that appears on your friend/group screen that says “You are all settled up”. Once you tap on it, you should be able to see all your old expenses.

For your second suggestion, you’ll be glad to know that Splitwise already supports recurring bills!

When adding a new bill on the web or in our mobile apps, click on the date. This should reveal a screen that allows you to change the date of the bill and set a repeat interval (weekly, monthly, etc).

If your bill repeats, you will also have the option to set an email reminder for a few days in advance. That reminder will be sent to…

20. Incorrect Spanish Translation

The string "Ver un resume imprimible" should actually be "Ver un resumen imprimible" i.e. resume -> resumen
    Furthermore, when clicking on this printable view link, the view is in English, when it should be in Spanish!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base