Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Repair the problem with display of Indian Rupee symbol

Hi Splitwise Team,

On the webapp, when the settings are configured to use the Indian Rupee Symbol (INR Currency): Only a question mark is displayed instead of the actual INR symbol.

Suggesting to repair this.

Thanks in advance.

-
    Shubham

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

From your account settings page, you can change your default currency to INR, and the app will update to display the rupee symbol. The reason why we don’t automatically display symbols for non-default currencies is because some currencies use the same symbol, and it can become ambiguous (for example, MXN and USD both use the $ sign). Hope this helps!

2. allow creation of monthly 'sheets' within a group to easily track group expenses by month

(And no, I don't want to use the spreadsheets :) )
    Right now, we re-create the group each month after settling accounts- it would sure be easier to just create monthly accounts sheets which can be individually settled.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We do have this on the website right now. If you go to you group, there’s an option in each month header to show balance changes for that month. If you settle each previous month before the next month, this will just be the balance for that month.

Marshall

3. Add the option to bilaterally net transactions

If you have a situation where there are 3 people A, B, and C.
    A owes B £10.
    B owes C £20.
    C owes A £10.

Then there should be only 1 transaction required: B pays C £10.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. use the facebook and google login icons

I didn't see the "login with facebook/google" buttons. they would have caught my eye if they had been the standard facebook/google login icons.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  5. Have a way to record an expense without adding it to the bill

Sometimes I want to record and show to the whole party how many times on, for example, a road trip, we got gas, but if that was all to be reimbursed to one person later by someone outside the party, have a way to not actually add it to the tally. This way everyone knows the total expenses, but know that it's not part of the actual bill.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

While there isn’t an officially supported way for doing this on Splitwise at the moment, you can add a transaction in a group where you completely paid for something, and you are the only person who owes any money for it.

Lets say if you paid $100 for Gas, just add an expense titled ‘Gas’ and say that you paid $100, and untick everyone else except you from the ‘split equally between’ section and save the expense. This will achieve what you’re asking for: everyone will be able to see the expense and it will also count towards total group expenses, but will not count towards any individuals’ balances, including you.

6. Having a Separate Name field

when we add a new User/friend in a group, sometimes it takes the email-ID as Name as displays the same ...
    Can we please have an option to edit the displayed Name while/after adding.

Also Observation is, when a new Friend is added using Mobile App instead of taking Names it takes email ID only.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: the Android 4.0 release now includes the option to edit friend information as long as your friend has not accepted their invite.

You’re right, this is definitely an issue with the current Android app. When you add a friend using their email address, we use the part before the ‘@’ and populate that as the person’s name.

If you’ve added someone as a friend using their email address and they haven’t accepted your invite yet, you can go to that friend’s page and navigate to their friend settings. From here, you can both edit their name and their email address. But once someone accepts an invite from you, they are the only person who can change their details.

We are planning to make this easier in an upcoming Android release, where you’ll be able to edit a friend’s info both from the friends setting page as well as from…

7. Attachment option: to attach a copy for the bill

When working in big groups and specially with some people in the group who you do not know too well, it would be good to have a option where in while entering the amount there is an upload bill option. With this all people in the group can see where the money was spent and is the claim genuine.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

This feature is already available on both iOS and Android.

While adding a bill, look for a camera icon or receipt option, this allows you to take a picture of the bill and attach it along with the transaction. This picture is then permanently recorded with the expense, and is available to all users involved in the expense.

8. Indirect settlement

Related to my earlier post: http://feedback.splitwise.com/forums/162446-general/suggestions/10304280-3-way-or-multiple-way-settlement

If Alice owes Bob, and Bob owes Carl, then there must be a way in which Bob can make an entry in SplitWise to link Alice and Carl (assuming they're known to each other) so Alice can directly pay Carl.

Please add a way to have SplitWise calculate multiple-way settlements, and provide options for indirect settlement.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature already exists on Splitwise within a group.

If Alice, Bob and Carl are in a group on Splitwise, and you turn on the ‘Simplify Debts’ option in the group settings, Splitwise will do exactly what you mentioned, it will transfer debts around to ensure that a minimum number of payments have to be made to settle up.

9. Offer group share link after group creation (iOS)

After expenses have been added to a group on iOS you can no longer access the group share link from the mobile app.

Please note it is still available on the web app at https://secure.splitwise.com through the group settings page.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Merge Account should merge (not simply migrate)

When one merges two or more accounts, they should still be able to login using the original accounts login information, blocking one to recreate the un-merged accounts. Currently the merge feature works more like migrate.

P.S. love this app.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: merging accounts now keeps both email addresses.

Thanks for the suggestion! We’d definitely like to support this, and hope to add this feature once we add the ability for an account to have multiple email addresses.

12. Hide a transaction from a friend

I was thinking of a feature where you can hide a transaction in a group from a friend so that they will not be aware of the transactions and costs. For e.g., surprise birthday party expenses.
    So, I am talking about making the transactions not visible to a person who is not involved in the transaction. It would be a good feature otherwise as well.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! The best way to hide a specific expense is to add it as a “non-group” expense – that way, only the people directly involved in the bill will be able to see it. You can make any bill a “non-group” bill just by changing the group to “No group” in the “Add bill” form.

Unfortunately, I don’t think we’re likely to add a feature to hide an individual expense that belongs to a group, as it’d add a lot of complexity that could confuse people. (For example, a hidden expense would probably still change the group’s balances, and that would mean we’d have to show DIFFERENT balances to different group members depending on whether or not they could see the “hidden” bill.) Hopefully the non-group expense solution helps you out!

13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

This should be how groups currently work – you can only see a group if you are a member of it. Please let us know if this isn’t how it’s working for you.

Marshall

14. Show the total balance amount for each person

For each person, instead of showing as "asterisk" next to the amount, the app should display to total amount to be paid/received. And you can then show the breakdown when you click that person's field.

In short, show the total amount to be paid/received instead of displaying an "asterisk".

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: our mobile apps now show all balances for a person or group instead of just the default.

Can you explain in more detail what you mean by displaying “the total amount”? In general, we only display an asterisk(*) if a user has balances in multiple different currencies. Would you prefer us to automatically convert all those currencies into one currency, and show the converted total balance?

15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hey there! We should already be using “RM” whenever possible – on our mobile apps, we use your phone’s default currency formatting, and on our website, we use “RM” if MYR is your default currency. (If MYR is not your default currency, then we use “MYR” for clarity.) If you’re still seeing “MYR” somewhere that you think you shouldn’t, could you send us an email at support@splitwise.com so we can investigate? Thanks!

16. Ability to input multiple items into an expense.

When picking out items from a grocery list receipt, it's not feasible to input each item as separate expense. I an forced to sum all applicable items from my receipt outside if split wise and then input the total into the expense. It would be nice if I could add subitems into an expense which will calculate the the total for me automatically.

It would be even nicer if you could optionally name the subitems in order to remember what they are.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have itemized bill on the website which accomplishes this. The interface is a little too complex for us to be able to bring this to mobile anytime soon.

Marshall

17. Triangle payment can be dispelled itself.

The situation is below. I was owed A $2, A was owed B 2$, B was owned me $2. So the $2 dollar shouldn't be calculated in my owe or owed number. By the way, I'm thinking of making a similar web like this. But I find this one is good. I'd like to contribute anything I can. Below is my mail.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re in a group, you can go to group settings and turn on Simplify debts which will do this. If you’re not in a group, you will need to go to your account settings on the website and simplify debts outside of groups from there.

Marshall

18. Splitwise in spanish?

It could be possible?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 13 votes
    Vote