Skip to content

General

750 results found

1. plaintext

It would be great if it was possible to export reports in the ledger format (http://plaintextaccounting.org/)

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. notification update

when someone else adds your expense then lockscreen notification should show only each person's share not the whole amount in notification

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi, thanks for the suggestion!
    I’m going to leave this under review to see if other people are also interested in this.
    I’m interested to know why you’re looking for this feature?

3. 19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Display summary in multiple rows per currency type

I would like to see the details like you owe, you are owed or total balance in multiple rows per currency type. So that bills added in USD or INR can be tracked or viewed on summary easily.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! I can see how that would be useful. I don’t think we will change the summary. But we might be able to come up with a better way show you a summary of your balances in all currencies.

5. Apple Watch complication

It would be awesome to have a complication for the Apple Watch to be able to quickly add expenses from the watchface!

Also with the new Siri api it would be hilarious to be able to add expenses through Siri on the Watch!!!

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. change "repeat just this once" to "don't repeat"

When choosing a date for a bill, the first option is "repeat just this once", which is silly, isn't it? It's not actually repeating, it only happens once. I think changing it to "don't repeat" would be more appropriate.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! We think the “Repeats just this once” phasing is more clear in the context where you’re looking at parallel sentence construction of a number of repeat options. I’ll bring this up at our next design meeting, but I expect we will keep the current language.

Marshall

7. Add shortcut to home screen/ widget to add expenses to a particular group.

As the title says, Whenever I am in a trip with friends we use splitwise to split our bills. but in a trip it is so frequent, so we need to open the app everytime -> go to the group -> add the expense.

Although it might sound lazy ;), we will be in a hurry in those situations and never mind about adding it in splitwise. and need to remember these things later in that day and then add it to splitwise.

A shortcut to add an expense to a group will help us to add expenses immediately to…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  8. save data form data locally

As I was creating an expense, I accidentally clicked outside the modal window, which cleared all the data I entered. This is very annoying. It should persist locally.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  9. Change the colour of "you lent" and "you borrowed"

Change the colour so it will easily distinguish the difference with out reading between the "owes you" and "you lent" also between "owed" and "you borrowed".

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! This probably isn’t something we’ll do – there are a lot of complex sentence constructions that would need both colors in different spots and we’d need to add information to all of them where we would expect different colors. I’ll leave this open for us to reconsider if this gets a lot of support.

Marshall

10. Allow upload of Excel files in the Notes. Its easier

Currently it allows only text, pdf and images. Excel should be allowed as well. xls and xlsx both.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add a cancel button to this page

add a cancel button to the new group page

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! I think we left this off intentionally to make the page a little simpler to use in the general case of just getting started, though I’ll see if we can think about adding a cancel button here.

Marshall

12. using NFC to settle balances directly between 2 phones having splitwise

Using NFC and bank details integration to settle balances directly between 2 phones having splitwise

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! I don’t think this is something we’re likely to add, but I’ll leave it up here to see if it’s popular. We do review settle up methods periodically to see if there are any news ones we can add.

Marshall

13. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! Can you give us some more context on why you want this change? We do list them differently, so some help understanding what problem you’re having would be great.

Marshall

14. 16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. allow for selecting different tax rates in itemized bills

In Virginia, grocery food items are taxed at a lower 2.5% rate while general sales tax is 5.3-6%. Other states like Massachusetts don't charge sales tax on food at all. This makes it complicated to input the bill on Splitwise if the receipt has mixed categories of goods. Please allow for some way to assign different tax rates for certain items (some sort of checkbox or something).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

While I can see how this would be useful, this is a low-priority feature. Itemized bills are used by a very small number of our users, but we can’t justify putting in the resources for this at the moment. We might look at doing this in the future, though.

16. My total share in WEB app

In Android app there is a 'Group spending summary' screen where I can select 'All time' mode and see how much did the trip cost to me.
    In the WEB app this screen shows data only for one month at a time that is inconvenient if trip didn't fit in a single month. Please, add 'All time' mode to WEB app.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    94 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  17. Expecting summary of individuals spends.

Expecting summary of individuals spends.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  18. iMessage integration

Please consider creating an iMessage app for splitwise. So that while chatting with friends we can directly open splitwise within iMessage thread and view and update the expenses.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an interesting suggestion. We haven’t really looked at iMessage apps, but could be a potentially useful feature. What exactly would you like to see from a Splitwise iMessage app?

19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I don’t think we’re likely to add all of these categories (I’d personally file these under Life → Other right now), but I could see us adding a more general category that covers these kinds of expenses.

Marshall

20. Double check your special character parsing on notes

When I add the following smiley face symbol to a comment, the text following the '<' is not rendered, along with the '<' itself:

_<

The '<' symbol and all text following are not rendered.

Thanks for building an awesome product!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
1 2 6 8 10 37 38

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base