Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. to stop asking the $ or INR every time

If we are from a country then our total dealings will be in the same currency.
    Eg: If I am from India my currency will be INR.

I am every time changing the currency from $ to INR. This is hectic.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. Monthly total expenses

In All expenses field we can see the expenses for the month but it doesn't have the total expenses.

Instead of manual calculation if you could provide total expenses for every month then it would be great!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Performance of item add/categorisation

Tried to change categories of existing items in a group consisting of ~30 expenses and it is not very responsive (category pop up is quick but setting the category is slow) - similar experience with adding new items. Seems to work quite well with small number of items. Great app, btw!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the heads-up! I just did some investigating and I’m pretty sure I found the bug that was slowing you down – I’ve just released a small update to fix the problem. Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any more issues, and I’d be happy to dig in and figure out what’s up :)

4. Show us all the Data.

I noticed today that there are just last 5 months of data and transactions are shown what if I need to see more or all the transaction since I joined the split-wise.

Please advice and have us an ability to select how much data you wants to see and you can store that data on our phone. Not on your server.

Thank You,
    KruPesh Patel

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the confusion! Splitwise actually keeps all of your data indefinitely – if you’re no longer seeing an old expense, it’s most likely because someone else deleted that bill, or because an old group was automatically hidden due to inactivity.

If you’d like to download a copy of your data, you can always export any group or friend to a spreadsheet on our website. Just log in, click on a friend or group in the left sidebar, then click the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar and choose “Export as spreadsheet”.

5. Swiping Between Tabs

See https://developer.android.com/design/patterns/swipe-views.html#between-tabs - right now, tabbed views can only be navigated by pressing the header for that tab.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: this is finally available with the 4.0 release for Android! Enjoy!

Thanks for the suggestion! I know this is an Android convention, so hopefully we can add support for it in a future update.

6. Export data to spreadsheet directly from app

To see how money was spent and make critical reviews.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: This is now available on iPhone and Android!

We hear you loud and clear! Spreadsheet export will soon be available on iPhone, and a bit later on Android.

Right now, you CAN export to spreadsheet but only on the website. You can do this by going to the group/friend in question, then clicking on the settings “gear” in the upper right, then “Export as spreadsheet.”

Best,
    Jon

7. Recurring expense

Every moth there will be some common recurring expenses, I wish you can allow us to duplicate/ copy an existing expense so we can update and save as new. For example I have mobile expense split between 4 people in different way (not equally), every month it's same, so it's a pain to enter everything again and again. If I can just copy and recreate, then entering finite details like service name/ or splitting details/ etc will be eliminated.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We actually have a feature for recurring bills already, if that’s what you’re looking for! Just tap on the date when adding a bill, and you can set it to recur as often as you’d like – new copies of the bill will automatically be generated each week/month/etc.

If I’ve misunderstood what you’re asking for, just leave a comment and let me know what you mean, and I’d be happy to pass on the feedback :)

8. [BUG] splitting the bill

If you select "I owe (person)" or "(person) owes me" when telling the app how to split it, it then becomes locked and you cannot later change it (as you can when you select split the bill).

For example let's say I create an expense because I owe someone, so I select that. After filling everything out, I realize I don't owe them the full amount, just half of it. I would have to delete that expense and start over creating a new expense in order to make that change, as that is not editable.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Do some monthly reporting with the categories and totaled amounts

Each month give the option to send out a csv of the amounts with the categories dates description total etc.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: CSV export is now available on iPhone and Android!

On our website you can download your data as a CSV for each group / friendship you have. We are bringing this feature to iOS soon, too.
    ZC

10. Emoji support

I'd like to be able to add emojis to my debt titles

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Emoji support was added on April 1st 2016! We also released a complete emoji translation of the site for April Fools Day. It will not be around forever so check it out!

11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Classificate expenses

Should be abble to classify the expenses in such way that we could be abble to control our expenses by type. Ex. I would like to see how much (i.e percentege) of my expenses was in dinning out or groceries. Other then that the app is great!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can add a category to any expense. To do so, tap the blue/grey button to the left of the description/amount fields in the add bill flow. This will bring up a popup that will let you categorize the bill.

Right now we have ‘spending by month by category’ on the web only. We are bringing summaries to mobile soon too.

To access on the web, go to ‘All Expenses’, click ‘trends’ on the right then ‘view full charts’.

ZC

13. add a feature to see total personal expense in a group

I have groups made for trips or for certain occasions and what i want to know for my records is how much have i spent on that occasion or trip. Currently, i can see only the break up of how much I spent on each expense item but I want to also see a sum of that, i.e total expense for the entire group as well for each member of that group

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Send message to the group/friend in the group

We should be able to send a message to the group/friend which is visible to them as a notification/ pop up when they login

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

You can add comments to expenses, which show up in the recent activity feed when your friend opens the app next. If they have push notification or email notifications for comments turned on, they will also receive one of those.

Marshall

15. Settling up in multiple currencies

If you have debts in multiple currencies you can't see how much you owe if the debt go beyond two lines. You also cannot chose what order you want to settle up currencies. This is inconvenient.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Both mobile platforms should now display balances in multiple currencies more completely and should show more options when settling up to handle these cases.

Marshall

16. Email notification

it will be great if we have get an email notifications about the expenses being added and deleted on here

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this from the settings screen – select “Notification settings”, and then tap on the email icons to enable or disable various email notifications. You can also choose to receive push notifications when expenses are added or deleted.

17. Option to choose display image for groups

Loved you application a lot, I would like to suggest you that, it will be great if user is allowed to change the image of any group so that it is easily identified in case I have many groups with similar names

118 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. adding person to existing group

BAfter adding person to existing group you cannot modifying existing expense and to split the amount with the new person. The only way is to delete this expense and to recreate it again

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  19. Multi party Settelment

Hi,

This is something we use on day to day basis withing friend.

e.g. Split wise snap shot:
    I owe one of my friend A 10$
    Friend B owes me 8$.

Now under multi party settelment we say that may be B will send my balance to A hence snap shot can be:

I owe $2 to friend A
    Friend B owes me $0

I think above can be implemented easily and also we do this by adding multiple transcation in splitwise regularly by adding couple of transactions.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! Splitwise actually already has this feature, in two different forms:

(1) The “Simplify debts” feature in groups: turn this on, and debts within your group will automatically be simplified, in exactly the way you described. This only affects expenses within a single group.

(2) “Simplify debts” outside of groups: this is a feature on the account settings page on our website, under “advanced features”. This allows you to simplify debts with your friends even without being in a group. This feature is web-only and somewhat hidden, as we’ve found that it causes a lot of confusion for most people. If you use this feature with your friends, make sure they understand what the feature is doing, or else they may be confused about why their balances have suddenly changed.

Hope that helps!

20. Not in any group

Can you guys create an automatic group called "Not in any group" to show all transactions that are not in any group?

Thanks,
    Senthur

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Update: this is now available on all platforms!

Hey Senthur – we’re actually considering this idea very seriously right now! I think it’d be a pretty convenient update, and hopefully it would help some of the people who get confused about non-group expenses :)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base