General

376 results found

1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Thanks for the suggestion! Our team is currently too small to support more platforms than we are currently on.
    If you’re interested, we do have an API at dev.splitwise.com.

2. Stop saying “Settle Up”

Settling is a downward motion. The idioms are “to settle a debt” as to resolve the debt or “to saddle up” as to prepare to leave by putting a saddle on your horse. Pick one, not both.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the app to the F-Droid store

F Droid is an alternative app store for the Android platform. It would be great if you could add your app to F droid so that some of us that don't use the Google Play Store can easily get access to the app.

If not, please atleast consider providing a signed APK file for direct download.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. Disable Simplify Debt on a per item basis

Option to exclude items when simplify debt is on in a group

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We received some follow-up separately, and it sounds like the original use case was to be able to settle up a specific expense separately and still have Simplify debts work for the rest of the group.

In this case, you can always use the Settle up button in the group to record a payment between any group members equal to the amount owed on the specific expense. These payments will then be included in the Simplify debts algorithm and the balances will work out correctly.

If this is not what you were looking for, please send us a note at support@splitwise.com

5. Option of DISABLE HIDDEN SETTLED BILLS!

Have the option for showing or hidding settled bills so they appear without having to click on "Show Settled Bills".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. extend Splitwise to support tracking bets with friends :-)

Probably more an idea for Sportsbet, but why can't I record bets with friends and the outcome then becomes a transaction?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  7. Add geotagging!

It would be awesome to have geotagged expense entries!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an interesting feature but it would take a good deal of work and wouldn’t be utilized for the vast majority of users. Geographic information can be added to the notes field for each expense.

8. Deleting past settled expenses

Add a feature to allow users to delete past settled accounts without affecting the accounts of the other users involved in the transaction

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  9. I can see the uploaded images for an expense that I previously added

I can see the uploaded images for an expense that I previously added. Wouldn't it make more sense if this option should be like a basic thing like a part CRUD operations

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Add face mapping filters on people's pictures

Add snapchat like filters on people's faces depending on who owes money and who is owed money to add more fun to the transaction experience.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Display not involved payments or setlled up payments also

Instead of clicking and checking the setlled up bills, just display the not involved payments or setlled up payments as is. It will be less confusing when more is summarised on the page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for writing in with your suggestion. I don’t think this is something we will do. We find hiding settled up expenses reduces clutter and confusion, and as you note, you can always click to show settled bills. Apologies for any inconvenience!

13. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for writing in with this suggestion! This isn’t something we plan on adding. We generally think of comments like text messages, where once sent they can’t be unsent.

14. Workaround for customised category limitation

Dear splitwise team,

I have read feedback of different people requiring customised category by app user, which is not possible at the moment. Although you are adding new categories at request of masses.

My suggestion is that, is it possible if you let us edit the name of already existing categories at least, as a workaround?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion! I appreciate the idea. Unfortunately, this workaround still presents the same issues we have when considering whether or not to add custom categories. Please let us know if you have any categories you’d like us to add. Apologies for the inconvenience!

15. Private option for Venmo payments

I always settle up through Venmo but prefer to keep my payments private. I'd really like to see an option through the Splitwise UI to do this. Not sure if this is on the radar for the dev team or not. Just wanted to throw some support towards it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! If you’ve changed your overall privacy settings on Venmo to make transactions private, the web flow will use those settings. It seems like this should work for you if you want to keep everything private.

16. Make a public support forum (non-feedback oriented).

It seems the knowledge base and feedback forum are public and searchable. However I wish support questions could be asked publicly too.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Settling balances

The notification you receive after settling balances with a friend in a group is odd at times.

The notification shows settled all balances for transactions within a common group. If you had other transactions with that person, this number is often not the same.

Instead of showing balance from just groups it would be great if the notification showed the exact balance between the two people who settled.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for writing in with this suggestion! I think this might cause some confusion for a lot of our users who track a lot of group and non-group expenses. I’m sorry for the inconvenience!

18. Make payment from screen that appears immediately after clicking on push notification

My workflow with Splitwise is usually as follows:

1. My roommate adds an expense and bills me
    2. I get a push notification of what I owe
    3. I click on the notification and splitwise opens

From the screen that opens, it'd be great to be able to have a 'Pay with Venmo' option right there, as it's what I want to do almost 100% of the time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for writing in with this interesting idea! I can see how this would be useful for you. Most of our users don’t pay after every expense is added, so I think this might end up causing frustration/confusion for the majority of our users.

19. Création de nouvelles catégories

Pouvez vous créer la catégorie enfant avec sous catégories: nounou, cantine, sports, musique, colonie, périscolaire

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merci pour la suggestion! Nous allons considérer cela la prochaine fois que nous mettrons à jour notre liste de catégories. Pour l’instant, je suggère de créer un groupe spécifiquement pour les dépenses liées aux enfants, et je pense que vous verrez déjà certaines de ces catégories, telles que les sports et la musique sous “Divertissement”.

Traduction par Google.

20. Link accounts with popular eWallets (e.g. Paytm) so that settling of expenses can happen immediately and with ease.

Link accounts with popular eWallets (e.g. Paytm) so that settling of expenses can happen immediately and with ease. Provide the option of settling via eWallet or cash. Linking of bank accounts might raise security concerns but people are alot more comfortable with eWallets. For necessary Authorization you can redirect to the eWallets app/webpage (similar to what alot of other apps do).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey, thanks for the feedback! We have a lot of ideas for different payment options, please go vote for the one’s that you want, or submit a new idea if we don’t have the payment option you’re looking for.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base