Make it easy to identify the edited transactions by giving some good color

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. fix the bug which shows wrong people's name when group is created or when a bill is added

When i created a new group and added my friends, they got notifications that the group had been created by some other random friend in their list and not by me. Same was the case when i added a bill using my android mobile, it showed them that bill with someone else rather than me.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hey Rishabh – could you email us at support@splitwise.com and let us know (a) your account’s email address and (b) the name of one of your friends that was affected by this bug? We’ve heard of the added-to-group problem (and just released a fix), but you’re the first person to report an issue with adding a bill, and more specific information would help us to chase down the problem and fix it more quickly. Thanks!

3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

This is a cool idea, but many users opt out of receiving push notifications from us so we couldn’t guarantee that your notification would reach them. Email reminders are more stably deliverable.

Zoe

4. Traveling Friend

Taxes and tips
    It would be very helpful to be able to show the split of the actual taxes and tips paid according to what each participating group member has spent or owes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The design for iPhone - intuit ivory

I think, while adding a new bill... The steps should be
    --- to add the bill
    --- to add the people involved
    --- to split the amount per share .
    This may not be a great change to the app but for the app to exist the bill is the start point. So,the process of adding the bill should be first and then the people involved and later the share percentage.
    The design pattern should be a little changed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Actually, this is something we’ve tested quite a bit – different people have different intuitions about how to order the bill’s cost, the description, the people involved, and the amount per share. We tested a variety of different orderings before settling on the current order, so we’re unlikely to change it in the near future. I’m very sorry for the trouble!

6. /login will again ask you to login even if you are logged in

When you hit secure.splitwise.com/login, it will open the sign in page even if you are logged in.
    Ideally it should redirect to home page or some other page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  7. Create weekly summaries

It would be great to be able to get weekly summaries rather than monthly ones of the spending in a group, to see how much people have spent and get a weekly budget.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Katherine,

Thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately I don’t see us offering this any time soon: monthly summaries are already very expensive for us to provide, in terms of both server power and email budget.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for using Splitwise!

Zoe

8. A search function for the currencies, or the ability to type them

Searching for currencies is too complex, let me type the currency or reorder them by usage.. none of that drop-box long list thing

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. Group Overview

On Home screen show a each group with the total amount owed or are owed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

The home screen actually used to work this way about a year and a half ago, but we found that it confused people to show their balances “twice”. (For example, imagine you and Scott were both in the group “123 Sesame Street”, and Scott owed you $20 – then the home screen would say both “Scott owes you $20” and “123 Sesame Street owes you $20”.) We got a lot of confused emails from people who thought they were owed double (e.g. $20 + $20), and who thought that the personal balance and the group balance were two separate items that both needed to be paid.

We’ve also debated adding a setting to switch between viewing friends on the home screen or viewing groups, but the vast majority of our users belong to 0 groups or 1 group, so it hasn’t been a high priority. It is on our list…

10. Enter location details for a person in the group

While simplifying debt, use location field so that give and take only happens with the persons located at the same place.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t have reliable location data for our users, so I’m not immediately sure how we could do this. I’ll pass on the suggestion though, and see if our team has any interesting ideas about it.

11. Pay with Stripe

Allow payment through stripe - directly enter a credit card on the page instead of going through PayPal. https://stripe.com/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Just to clarify: are you suggesting Stripe for P2P payments. i.e. paying back your friend via Stripe? Unfortunately, Stripe doesn’t support those kinds of transfers, and if they did it would involve their standard credit card fees ($0.30 + 3% of the total). For those reasons, we’re unlikely to add Stripe as a payment option. We hope to add other PayPal alternatives, though!

12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi George,

I’ve wanted this feature myself at times, but we’re not planning it at the moment. It would probably be a good project for the Splitwise API if someone wants to make it though!

“Add a person to all bills totally makes sense”, and we may add that specific feature at some point sooner I am just declining “multiple bill operations” in general.

Cheers,
    Jon

13. Kill the Hamburger Menu

I would like to see a better navigation method than a side menu. There is a ton of resources out there explaining why it's a bad idea to do it this way. I also think in the case of Splitwise it makes the app a little bit confusing, partially, because it contains redundant information (friend list).
    For iOS at least you could go with a tab bar or maybe do it completely hierarchical.
    I know this sounds like a minor thing and a matter of taste. But I do care about good interfaces and using an app is about how…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

The reason a hamburger menu is bad is because a) people don’t know what it is and b) it’s slow to use if you need it. The current design of the app is based on our most common use patterns and in those cases, the only thing you need the hamburger for are notifications – which should really be badging specific people and items anyways.

Try using the app without ever hitting the hamburger menu and let us know what feels like is missing (beyond notifications). The core home screen is actually designed to give complete access to just about everything.

I’m declining it because this ticket isn’t quite specific enough to be actionable on our end. I’m very happy to hear feedback like “I was trying to accomplish X and it felt really hard to do”. I don’t know what you would consider better in this case. I could…

14. Rename "Expenses" to "History"

To ordinary non-accountants it makes more sense to call it history

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. highlight the "Save" button better!

I tend to search for it very often after adding my expense info..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Very sorry for the trouble! I’m pretty sure we place the “Save” button in the standard location on both iOS and Android (in the upper-right corner of the screen), so I’m not immediately sure what we could do to make it more obvious. If you have any more specific suggestions, let me know and I’d be happy to pass them on. Thanks!

16. To simplify your UI

We will be quitting splitwise for a more simpler UI (eg: billpin, etc). I would suggest you find ways to make it less confusing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Able to access images without authentcation

[[ Bug ]]

When I attach an image to a transaction, a unique link is generated for it. People with this link should not be able to view it. Authentication is required.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! This is actually intentional – we think there are situations in which people might want to share links to receipts or attachments with people who are not logged in to Splitwise. URLs for uploads are randomly generated, so it shouldn’t be possible for someone to guess a URL or find your image by accident.

18. Opt out of a group

in some groups i dont participate and still i am in that group. add option to leave a group. unnecessarily i seeany expenses carried out in thaat group which i dint care aboit

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for any confusion. You can remove yourself from a group once your balance is 0 within the group. If you were added to any expenses in error, you can remove yourself from them by editing the bill.

Best,
    Jon

19. Be able to send reminders about a single bill

I'm able to send email reminders about expenses within a group.

But, if I add an individual bill split between people, I'm not able to find an option to send a reminder. Neither can I send a reminder to a person on the consolidated amount he/she owes me across multiple groups and/or bills.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Sorry, I think you just haven’t found the place for it. Click on the “settings” gear on the friend page, and then hit “send reminder” from the list of buttons on the right hand side. It’s a bit hidden (sorry) but it’s there.

Best,
    Jon

20. Privacy Element!

My group of friends, always buys one gift and shares amongst all of us. But, I don't want a specific friend to see an expenses.

Is it possible to add this?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base