Skip to content

General

376 results found

1. Add upgrade possibility from free app

Several friends have asked me how to upgrade their free apps so they can handle currencies. It is hard for app only users to find out that they have to go to the web for this.
    Add an upgrade button in the free version.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

So sorry for the trouble! Splitwise Pro is currently a patronage program – it is for people who like to support us and our development, and the small added features are an extra benefit. By far, most users do not need the advanced features that Splitwise Pro users get, so we choose not to advertise it or make it available in the app.

2. update the label to change the word "owes" when someone has paid for others.

Example: We have a shared expense in a group that was paid by NiceGuy1. He paid $1000 to be split equally among 10 people.

In the details of the expense, one can read "NiceGuy1 paid $1000 and owes $100". This confuses him, because "owes" suggests that NiceGuy1 should pay someone something.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

This is the expanded information which is used to indicate that as one of the 10 members of the expense, “NiceGuy1” owes 1/10 of the expense or in this case $100. Since he paid all $1,000 the simpler information displayed before you expand the expense should say that he is owed the outstanding $900 from the members he paid for.

3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. Add privacy options for payments. for eg: if a group contains A, B & C. a split is added between A&B then C shouldnt be able to see it.

this checkbox option can be made optional while adding the bill, the payer can check the checkbox if he feels 'not involved' users need not see the split. this will save unnecessary temporary duplicate groups.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, we don’t have plans to support custom privacy settings like this on an expense-by-expense basis, as we think it makes it too complicated to understand who has access to what.

If you’d like to add a single expense that is only visible to the people participating directly in the expense, then you should try adding a “non-group” expense, which does not belong to any particular group. These expenses are only visible to the people involved. Non-group expenses are intended as a way to add expenses and payments with lots of random people, without needing to create a new group every time.

5. Include 'settled up' status updates in the group timeline. e.g. 'user xxxx is settled up as of xx/xx/xxxx'

Sometimes in the group activity, if there are multiple people (for example roommates) paying a single renter in the same house, the list of payments and bills can get pretty confusing. And when cash payments are recorded instead of the in-app payment system, it's not always easy to determine (or prove) that a user was all paid up before the latest bills were added. so if, in the timeline of activity, when a user makes payment in full and is considered 'settled up', it would be nice to have it reflected in that same timeline WITH a date stamp. this…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, thanks for the feedback! We do need to do a better of explaining why you owe what you owe. We have some other ideas for explaining where your totals are coming from that should help with this problem, but I’m not sure when they will be available.

6. If not everyone in the group owes for the bill, it should be "split equally with # people"

Currently, if I add a bill that's split equally between only some of the people, it still says "split equally". It should be more clear - split equally with x persons.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make payment from screen that appears immediately after clicking on push notification

My workflow with Splitwise is usually as follows:

1. My roommate adds an expense and bills me
    2. I get a push notification of what I owe
    3. I click on the notification and splitwise opens

From the screen that opens, it'd be great to be able to have a 'Pay with Venmo' option right there, as it's what I want to do almost 100% of the time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for writing in with this interesting idea! I can see how this would be useful for you. Most of our users don’t pay after every expense is added, so I think this might end up causing frustration/confusion for the majority of our users.

8. Make a public support forum (non-feedback oriented).

It seems the knowledge base and feedback forum are public and searchable. However I wish support questions could be asked publicly too.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Private option for Venmo payments

I always settle up through Venmo but prefer to keep my payments private. I'd really like to see an option through the Splitwise UI to do this. Not sure if this is on the radar for the dev team or not. Just wanted to throw some support towards it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! If you’ve changed your overall privacy settings on Venmo to make transactions private, the web flow will use those settings. It seems like this should work for you if you want to keep everything private.

10. Display not involved payments or setlled up payments also

Instead of clicking and checking the setlled up bills, just display the not involved payments or setlled up payments as is. It will be less confusing when more is summarised on the page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for writing in with your suggestion. I don’t think this is something we will do. We find hiding settled up expenses reduces clutter and confusion, and as you note, you can always click to show settled bills. Apologies for any inconvenience!

11. Add face mapping filters on people's pictures

Add snapchat like filters on people's faces depending on who owes money and who is owed money to add more fun to the transaction experience.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. Add geotagging!

It would be awesome to have geotagged expense entries!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an interesting feature but it would take a good deal of work and wouldn’t be utilized for the vast majority of users. Geographic information can be added to the notes field for each expense.

14. Option of DISABLE HIDDEN SETTLED BILLS!

Have the option for showing or hidding settled bills so they appear without having to click on "Show Settled Bills".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Our team is currently too small to support more platforms than we are currently on.
    If you’re interested, we do have an API at dev.splitwise.com.

16. Website: left-hand side bar doesn't scroll

The friends tab on the left does not scroll, you can see only a limited people from the list if I am not wrong. Would be great if you could fix this.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 15 16 17 19 Next →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base