Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Currency

Hi, Can you please add Hong Kong Dollars (HKD) and China Renminbi (RMB) to currencies?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Feedback on new design

The previous design was better as it gave a clearer picture of all the parties in a single look

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not completely sure we’ve addressed your issue, but the last round of updates was supposed to fix this issue. Please let us know if you have a more specific complaint we can address.

Marshall

3. Settle Up feature missing!

I used to be able to click "settle up" see a full list of who owes what to who with a simplify debts on/off switch. I live in a shared house and we would print out this full list of what is owed for everyone to see. Can you bring that back? If we can't print out everyone's totals then we will not be able to use this site anymore.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature still exists – we just moved it around a bit :) If you click “More details” at the top of the screen, next to the description of your balance, you should get the same full summary of what everyone owes each other.

4. Edit payment date

It would be great to be able to edit the date a payment was made, it only seems to show when it was entered

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. Only have friend's balances in the mobile app.

I am presently using the Android OS and the mobile app still shows the previous layout of your web app with group balances separate from friend's balances. I usually use the mobile app to check how much someone owes me on the fly, so having groups there does not help since I need to open each group to see what is the outstanding amount there.

When are you planning on releasing an update for the Android ecosystem? :) Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. Foreign currencies

Need support for foreign currencies! Zambian Kwacha here.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. Consolidated debt overview

Consolidated debt view in the app similar to the website that includes groups and individual debts.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Problem with separation of groups and individuals.

I settled up with a friend on this website, but now it is all dorked up looking on my mobile app. On the website I can see that I owe no money in dashboard, but there is no dashboard on my mobile app. So depending on where I look, it says I either owe no money, owe money, or am owed money.

Individual friend expenses should be all encompassing no matter how many groups I have them in. Groups shouldn't be treated separately. It makes no sense. Rediculously confusing. Very frustrated. Please fix ASAP.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have a link to the help page somewhere on the website.

Or make it findable in Chrome (if it is there I could not find it; nor could google). I found it under the Feedback link on the website - but only found suggestions on Feedback page at first, then when I had given feedback which was really a support request, I found a place to ask for support.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

There should be an orange “feedback” tab/button at the bottom right of every page on Splitwise – when you click it, you’re given the option to give feedback or contact support. We’re sorry if you missed it! We’ll think about ways to make it more visible.

10. Directly updated Android App cannot split expenses only to SOME group members

The APP always split the expenses to all group members, regardless of selection.

When I uninstalled and reinstalled the app (it was already up to date), it suddenly started working.

This might cause some confusion for your users.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This sounds very odd. I can’t think of any reason this would be the case. Nothing in the data that gets saved during update should change how split expenses works. I’m closing this out as complete, but want to keep a record up this up here in case other users have this issue.

Marshall

11. Show email id when hovering over the display name

Please have a feature to show the email id when you hover over the display name.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  12. allow for attachments per transaction

For BOTH categories.... for example... if people don't remember drinking the shots you bought them in vegas or the strippers... allowing people to upload said video/picture evidence.

Also sort of a cool way to share 'memories' of their transactions...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Payment row too small to be noticed

After settling an amount, the payment row that appears seems to be too small.
    I think it should me made taller or more contrasting for better visibility.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve settled on the current design for the payment row. We’ve also started hiding expenses whenever your total balance hits 0 to help things feel properly settled up.

Marshall

14. Can we have a Gifts category?

Scenrario:
    Four friends buy a birthday present for their fifth friend, and they want to split the cost.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow participants in a transaction to be edited

It should be possible to edit participants after a transaction has been created. Deleting and recreating the transaction is a pain.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make the description field look more like an input field

I like the new design for inputting bills to split, but the space to put the name of the bill doesn't look like a field I can edit. The first time opened the box, I didn't read that string then was looking for where I could type in the description.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  18. Add itemized bill editing in the new design

Please add the itemized billing in the new design.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  19. A bug with adding people to a bill

Hi,

I first add the expense details (amount and description) to the app. I then select people to add to a bill.

The expense details are reset after I add the people and I need to enter it again. This is really annoying because the flow is always as described in the above para.

Please fix it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Changing the delete item button

My roommate, being an idiot, will pay me physically then delete the item on splitwise using the red "X" icon. However, this deletes the record, which is problem if it the record involves another of my roommates. I've explained this to him multiple times, but to no avail. Could you move the delete button? Maybe when you click on an item to expand it, you could put the delete button at the bottom of the expansion? In my mind, you should never delete an item unless it was a mistake. So hiding the delete button until you expand an item…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you still having this issue? We’re now hiding the delete button until you mouse over it. We also hide expenses whenever your total balance is 0, which should let your friend hide things when he pays for them.

Marshall

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base