General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Show the current status in clear and bold in dashboard

Instead of/In addition to the bar showing debt/loans. Could you also show the actual dollar amount - may be rounded up for beautification in big letters.
    I think a service like this really has the imperative of showing you your bottomline

I find it hard to interpret the bar - I owe some, is it 10$, 100$ or $10000?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. modify the bill

There should be a way to modify a bill and delete a bill. When ever we add a bill involving multiple persons there is no way to see the bill and modify or delete. We have to select each person who is involved and delete it. It is a pain. Can you make it possible such that we can see all the bills in one place.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

all future bills for multiple friends can now be viewed, modified and deleted as a whole instead of per friend. We do not currently plan to make this fix for existing bills.

Marshall

3. travel icon

The travel icon being a gas tank is a little confusing. I fly on a plane, yes they also take fuel but it would be nice to have a different travel category icon for expenses. I love your app and website. Starting to use this more and more.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. make it easier to change the category of an expense.

Often an expense is categorized as 'General' when it cannot automatically be identified. I suggest you add the ability to change the category directly from the main page of expenses (perhaps a drop-down menu next to the expense) instead of needing to click on each expense and then clicking 'edit expense'.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now change the expense category icon without having to edit the expense! Just click on the icon in the group page and the other service icons should appear right below the expense.

5. it would be useful to show personal balances within groups...

like instead of showing how much my roomates owe in total for bills, just show me how much they owe me or I them...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Netting off expenses amongst group

If Alice owed Emma £10, but Emma owed Sophie £12. The app should net the amounts so that Alice pays Sophie £10 and Emma the balance of £2.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you’re using a group, you can do this already! Just go to your group’s settings page and enable the “Simplify debts” option under “Advanced settings”. (The setting isn’t enabled by default, because we found that it confused many people who weren’t expecting it.)

If you’re trying to do this across multiple groups, or for non-group expenses, then unfortunately we don’t currently have plans to support this. We tried something similar in the past, but found that it caused a lot of confusion when the shuffled expenses couldn’t be traced back to a single group. Apologies for any trouble!

7. Check Updated expense

I would like to check what an expense was updated from. Once an expense is updated I would like to know what it initially was. I currently cannot do that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow me to see how much an individual owes me

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I am a recent Billmonk convert. In Billmonk, I could see how much someone owed me, in Splitwise I can only see how much the group owes me. I see a "suggested repayment" I suppose this is because I'm the only one who doesn't owe anyone else, but it needs to be more clear.

I'd like to see how much one person in my apartment owes me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve changed the way balances get displayed and show the breakdown for groups in more detail, Please let us know if you are still finding this difficult.

Marshall

9. Enable ability to add contacts without inputting email address

Today, I can select my contacts to add to my splitwise group, but I still have to input an email address. Splitwise should autopopulate the email address or allow me to connect with users who are already using splitwise.

using: iOS

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there! If you’ve allowed the Splitwise app to access your contacts, then it should autopopulate the email field whenever you try to add someone. If no email address is shown, then you’ve selected a contact without any email address.

10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

On the web, if you have too many friends to list in the left-hand sidebar (10+), you can search for a specific friend by typing in the search box at the top of the list.

11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add itemized bill editing in the new design

Please add the itemized billing in the new design.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Problem with separation of groups and individuals.

I settled up with a friend on this website, but now it is all dorked up looking on my mobile app. On the website I can see that I owe no money in dashboard, but there is no dashboard on my mobile app. So depending on where I look, it says I either owe no money, owe money, or am owed money.

Individual friend expenses should be all encompassing no matter how many groups I have them in. Groups shouldn't be treated separately. It makes no sense. Rediculously confusing. Very frustrated. Please fix ASAP.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. common expenses but no spilt required.

like me and my husband started living in a house and expenditure are being spilt equally. but some time just to track expenditure with the intention of not dividing it (like purchase of some décor items) . i wan to track not split in the group. please add option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Belarussian currency

Can you guys please add belarussian currency (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belarusian_ruble)?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Update the legal terms like year

Pls update the year under settings

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Dashboard individual summary

Currently it shows all the friends under one table. Also, Dashboard gives a summary of total I am owed. It should rather give 3 rows when a

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve settled on the current dashboard design. I can’t tell if we actually addressed your issue or not, but I think we did, so I’m marking this completed. Let us know if I’m wrong.

Marshall

18. Allow participants in a transaction to be edited

It should be possible to edit participants after a transaction has been created. Deleting and recreating the transaction is a pain.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. to keep up the good work!

The graph and statistics are immensely useful. Thank you Splitwise!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Settle Up feature missing!

I used to be able to click "settle up" see a full list of who owes what to who with a simplify debts on/off switch. I live in a shared house and we would print out this full list of what is owed for everyone to see. Can you bring that back? If we can't print out everyone's totals then we will not be able to use this site anymore.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature still exists – we just moved it around a bit :) If you click “More details” at the top of the screen, next to the description of your balance, you should get the same full summary of what everyone owes each other.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base