Skip to content

General

750 results found

1. enable mass editing of expenses

I have a bunch of expenses that I want to put in a group but I can't find a way to do it other than one at a time. There should be a way to edit several fields on multiple expenses at once. I see there's a suggestion called "Bulk Edit Expense" but it hasn't been commented on since 2012.

By the way, I just clicked to sign in with Google and got this security message from Chrome: You attempted to reach feedback.splitwise.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as *.uservoice.com. This may be caused by a…

93 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    84 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Updating this as it’s been a while. We’ve discussed this a few times and can see how it would be useful in a few cases (such as mass-moving expenses between groups – if you or anyone else needs help with that, feel free to send us a support email). We’ll keep it open for now for further voting and comments.

2. Weekly Reminders

a setting that would automatically send a reminder every week or so for bills

90 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Split reimbursements unequally

After a weekend getaway we returned some unused supplies that had already been entered on Splitwise. We split costs using shares (some people were paying for them and their partner's share) and thought we could add reimbursements in a similar fashion. Unfortunately it appears reimbursements may only be shared evenly.

We worked around this by editing the original expense which wasn't as smooth as I've come to expect from Splitwise.

89 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Nikesh,

Thanks for the idea – the workaround you chose makes sense, and sorry / thanks for your patience. We really appreciate your feedback.

I’m going to leave this suggestion as under review to see how many other people are having the issue. Reimbursements are a tricky feature that we are happy to support, but adding additional functionality to them it is not currently a high priority since they are not very commonly used. As a result, I’m sorry I can’t promise a specific place in the roadmap for your suggestion.

Best,
    Jon

4. Ability to add more than one picture

At the moment, it seems each expense can only handle a single picture. I suggest that ability to handle more than one picture should be supported. For example, I might want to add a copy of the receipt as well as a picture of the item.

87 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Makes sense! Ideally, I think we’d like to add the ability to include pictures in comments, which would let you add as many pictures as you want for an expense. This hasn’t made it on to our roadmap yet, but hopefully it’s something we can consider in the future.

5. 87 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Facebook invite system has changed a lot over the years, and it makes it hard for users to receive updates, notifications, etc. Also, many users do not like getting invites through Facebook.

We are still open to doing this, and we’ll leave it under review for further voting or commentary. For now, we recommend you send invites via email or SMS.

6. Google Assistant integration

It would be nice to have a Google Assistant integration for Splitwise, so that I don't have to pull out my phone to add an item to Splitwise and could talk to my Google Home instead.

E.g.
    Hey Google, talk to Splitwise.

How can I help you?
    I have bought a <something> for 5€.
    Ok, with whom do you want to split with?
    <Some person(s)>
    (> Do you want to split equally?
    Yes)
    Ok, I have added <something> for 5€ to your expenses list and split it with <some person(s)>. What else can I do for you?

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add expenses via email

It would be killer to be able to email a set email address (ie, bills@splitwise) with a bill name and attachment and have it automatically added as an expense and add the attachment.

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Updating since it’s been a while. We still really like this idea, unfortunately, there’s not a lot of momentum around it. We also haven’t figured out the best way to implement it yet. We’ll leave it open for now for further voting and comments.

8. Be able to scan receipts from gallery/image file

As of now, scanning receipt for making an itemized bill opens the camera app. I want to be able to choose (one or more) image files from gallery (or other places) because I don't have the receipt to take a picture now but had already taken a picture before

82 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to select transactions from bank or card history

Can ask users to link cards and bank accounts in order to show transactions in split wise so user can select transactions instead of having to do manual entry. Plaid makes a great API (demo.plaid.com) for this: harvey@plaid.com

80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  15 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. More robust graphs/trends on mobile

The ability to see YTD spending, break down by cost type, etc. would be great. Also, perhaps a spreadsheet view of expenses.

79 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Our website currently has a few more advanced charts and graphs (totals by category, printable monthly summaries), and our iPhone app has a few basic charts as of v4.0 (group totals, export as spreadsheet). We’re hoping to bring similar features to Android soon, and to add more features as time goes on :)

11. make a Splitwise Pro account for couples

My partner and I use Splitwise and would both see th value in using Splitwise Pro, but we think it is a little unfeasible to spend $60-80 on the product for the same features. Currently I am the only one that has it and if we want to look in to our spending in depth we have to use my phone instead of what is currently available.

Would it be possible to have a family account set up, where we can share pro? Like Google Play Family, where you pay $5 extra to add people to your app accounts.

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  12. Bimonthly expenses (i.e. "every other month")

Allow users to post expenses that occur bimonthly (i.e. every other month).

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. to add a widget for the homescreen

Hi folks,

it would be great to have a widget for the Android app with the following functionality:
    - Display one Friend per line
    - Display the Avatar, the name, the total owed amount or the amount the friend owes me
    - Have a little icon to add a bill and to settle up

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me :)

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

An Android widget is a great idea :) We just started work on a pretty big Android update – for now, we’re mostly focused on improving the core app, but we’d love to include cool stuff like widgets in a future release.

14. View total individual expense in pdf summary

Splitwise has so much potential as a finance management tool rather than just expense tracking. But the format of the pdf summary generated kind of spoils the party.

One simple change that would help a lot is having the total expenses made by each person listed in the summary rather than just the amount owed. This would be extremely helpful.

It would also make more sense than the current format where the total cost for the group is reflected as-is for each individual members. Each individual is more interested in the total amount he/she has spent rather than the total…

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Integrate with Personal Capital

Integrate with Personal Capital budgeting app to allow importing items into splitwise from there

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  16. Display Running Balances

It would be lovely to see the running balances with each transaction. Basically add a column at the right that says "Bob owes me" and the balance at that time, switch it over to "I owe Bob" if one of his transactions puts me in debt. The last transaction should align with the current balance displayed at the top.

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow an end date for recurring payments, or build an incremental recurring payment option

This would allow me to pay someone back in increments until the whole amount is paid back. For example, my fiance paid for flights for our upcoming vacation. I want to pay him back $700 over the next 6 months, so I'd like to set up a recurring monthly payment of $117 that ends after 6 payments. Alternatively, you could add another option for divided bills that automatically calculates and schedules gradual payments.

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! I see how this would be a good improvement. Are you aware that you can set a payment to reoccur already, although we don’t have as fine tuning as you’d like? If you need any help setting our (basic) reoccuring feature up please email support@splitwise.com. Thanks, Zoe

18. Swish

Connect to Swish (Swedish market) for ease of settling

70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow for late entries to group be easily added to previously added expenses

I add cab ride and invite 3 people to "cab ride" group. The cost of cab ride should be split between me and 3 people. 2 people and myself join group so splitwise divides it by 3. 4th person then joins group and has to manually be added to expenses. This process becomes horrible when there are 20 people and many expenses for a weekend. Perhaps split up the settlements and expenses so I don't have to go hunting for items to add latecomers. Seriously, make it more like Excel, this interface is childish.

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Two Factor Authentication (2fa) Support

Please offer two factor authentication or Two Factor Authentication (2FA) support for SplitWise.

Thanks!

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base