Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Email notification

it will be great if we have get an email notifications about the expenses being added and deleted on here

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

You can do this from the settings screen – select “Notification settings”, and then tap on the email icons to enable or disable various email notifications. You can also choose to receive push notifications when expenses are added or deleted.

2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Performance of item add/categorisation

Tried to change categories of existing items in a group consisting of ~30 expenses and it is not very responsive (category pop up is quick but setting the category is slow) - similar experience with adding new items. Seems to work quite well with small number of items. Great app, btw!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the heads-up! I just did some investigating and I’m pretty sure I found the bug that was slowing you down – I’ve just released a small update to fix the problem. Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any more issues, and I’d be happy to dig in and figure out what’s up :)

4. to stop asking the $ or INR every time

If we are from a country then our total dealings will be in the same currency.
    Eg: If I am from India my currency will be INR.

I am every time changing the currency from $ to INR. This is hectic.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  5. Add global currencies

Hey, Its a great app. Appreciate your efforts and innovation around splitwise.
    I am from india and was trying to use your app. I just realise we don't have Indian currency in it. Is it possible to add INR as optional currency selector.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! Actually, Splitwise supports INR already – just go to your account settings and change your default currency to “INR”. You can also change the currency for an individual expense by tapping on the currency symbol in the “Add bill” form. Hope that helps!

6. Add back "Quick add" for expenses

One of my favorite features that I'm sorely missing from the new app. It's saved me so much time over the years.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Quick-add still exists! Just tap-and-hold on the plus button at the bottom of the screen, and you should be able to quick-add new expenses and payments. Hope that helps!

7. Currency Option

Select the default currency of the user on the basis of his location. Get it from google or ask them in the sign up form. Or use location based.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: both mobile apps now guess your currency during sign up based on your locale settings and allow you to change it.

Sorry for the trouble! We do ask for your default currency during sign up, but we don’t yet auto-detect your currency based on your location, which would be a great improvement. Hopefully that’s something we can include in future updates!

8. Two dates. 'Added on' and 'last updated on'

If a transaction is updated with changes, the 'last updated' date is shown and the 'added on' date is just not seen anywhere.

If I want to know when a particular transaction was added I just don't know when it was added if that transaction has been edited. That's a problem.

I feel the two dates provide two different types of information.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. back up of our spent money

is there any way that we can have back up of our spent money periodically or optionally when we need..?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this from our web interface – just view a group or friend and click the “settings/gear” icon in the upper-right of the right-side column. In the menu that appears, click “Export as spreadsheet” to download a .csv file with all your expenses.

We also have a “download full backup” for Splitwise Pro users under advanced features in account settings. This includes all data for the account, but is in JSON format.

Marshall

10. multicurrency

nice but I prefer not to override the original value.
    By the way, Splitwise is great!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Override All Currencies

It would be very handy for new Splitwise users (such as myself) to have a feature that would update all existing expenses to use a particular currency as chosen by the user.

In our shared group, we have a mixture of AUD and USD as some users forget to change their preferences to AUD. It would take a long time to go through each individual expense and change it to AUD.

Do you think this might be possible?

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There’s actually a setting for this already! Just log in to our website and go to your account settings page – under “advanced features”, you should see an option to “set all expenses to [your default currency]”. Hope that helps!

12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hey there! We should already be using “RM” whenever possible – on our mobile apps, we use your phone’s default currency formatting, and on our website, we use “RM” if MYR is your default currency. (If MYR is not your default currency, then we use “MYR” for clarity.) If you’re still seeing “MYR” somewhere that you think you shouldn’t, could you send us an email at support@splitwise.com so we can investigate? Thanks!

14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This should be how groups currently work – you can only see a group if you are a member of it. Please let us know if this isn’t how it’s working for you.

Marshall

15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. Have a way to record an expense without adding it to the bill

Sometimes I want to record and show to the whole party how many times on, for example, a road trip, we got gas, but if that was all to be reimbursed to one person later by someone outside the party, have a way to not actually add it to the tally. This way everyone knows the total expenses, but know that it's not part of the actual bill.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While there isn’t an officially supported way for doing this on Splitwise at the moment, you can add a transaction in a group where you completely paid for something, and you are the only person who owes any money for it.

Lets say if you paid $100 for Gas, just add an expense titled ‘Gas’ and say that you paid $100, and untick everyone else except you from the ‘split equally between’ section and save the expense. This will achieve what you’re asking for: everyone will be able to see the expense and it will also count towards total group expenses, but will not count towards any individuals’ balances, including you.

17. Add the option to bilaterally net transactions

If you have a situation where there are 3 people A, B, and C.
    A owes B £10.
    B owes C £20.
    C owes A £10.

Then there should be only 1 transaction required: B pays C £10.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Incorrect Spanish Translation

The string "Ver un resume imprimible" should actually be "Ver un resumen imprimible" i.e. resume -> resumen
    Furthermore, when clicking on this printable view link, the view is in English, when it should be in Spanish!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Extremely sorry about the mess up! The crash on iOS 7 with the latest release was a mistake, and should be fixed in a release that has already been submitted to Apple and is pending review. As soon as the update becomes available, the app should start working again on iOS 7.

20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Within each month, expenses should be listed in date wise order. If you’re seeing something different, please submit a ticket with a screenshot of the issue.

Marshall

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base