Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. Bimonthly expenses (i.e. "every other month")

Allow users to post expenses that occur bimonthly (i.e. every other month).

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Backdated recurring bill

I have add some bill for the past that should be recurring.
    If I add now (11-Dec.-2014) a monthly bill starting from 1st September it will not add the monthly payment off October, November and December, but says nex bill on January.
    Please add the ability to create a full set of recurring bill starting from a back date.

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  14 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. to add a widget for the homescreen

Hi folks,

it would be great to have a widget for the Android app with the following functionality:
    - Display one Friend per line
    - Display the Avatar, the name, the total owed amount or the amount the friend owes me
    - Have a little icon to add a bill and to settle up

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me :)

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

An Android widget is a great idea :) We just started work on a pretty big Android update – for now, we’re mostly focused on improving the core app, but we’d love to include cool stuff like widgets in a future release.

4. View total individual expense in pdf summary

Splitwise has so much potential as a finance management tool rather than just expense tracking. But the format of the pdf summary generated kind of spoils the party.

One simple change that would help a lot is having the total expenses made by each person listed in the summary rather than just the amount owed. This would be extremely helpful.

It would also make more sense than the current format where the total cost for the group is reflected as-is for each individual members. Each individual is more interested in the total amount he/she has spent rather than the total…

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Display Running Balances

It would be lovely to see the running balances with each transaction. Basically add a column at the right that says "Bob owes me" and the balance at that time, switch it over to "I owe Bob" if one of his transactions puts me in debt. The last transaction should align with the current balance displayed at the top.

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Integrate with Personal Capital

Integrate with Personal Capital budgeting app to allow importing items into splitwise from there

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow an end date for recurring payments, or build an incremental recurring payment option

This would allow me to pay someone back in increments until the whole amount is paid back. For example, my fiance paid for flights for our upcoming vacation. I want to pay him back $700 over the next 6 months, so I'd like to set up a recurring monthly payment of $117 that ends after 6 payments. Alternatively, you could add another option for divided bills that automatically calculates and schedules gradual payments.

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! I see how this would be a good improvement. Are you aware that you can set a payment to reoccur already, although we don’t have as fine tuning as you’d like? If you need any help setting our (basic) reoccuring feature up please email support@splitwise.com. Thanks, Zoe

8. Swish

Connect to Swish (Swedish market) for ease of settling

70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow for late entries to group be easily added to previously added expenses

I add cab ride and invite 3 people to "cab ride" group. The cost of cab ride should be split between me and 3 people. 2 people and myself join group so splitwise divides it by 3. 4th person then joins group and has to manually be added to expenses. This process becomes horrible when there are 20 people and many expenses for a weekend. Perhaps split up the settlements and expenses so I don't have to go hunting for items to add latecomers. Seriously, make it more like Excel, this interface is childish.

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Two Factor Authentication (2fa) Support

Please offer two factor authentication or Two Factor Authentication (2FA) support for SplitWise.

Thanks!

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Shared Fund for house

Hey there

As a house we use a single account which we all pay regularly and equally into. From here all bills and house payments are covered. Like a kitty of sorts, we can use it for everything, and there is an excess for emergencies.
    It would be great to create an entity, like a Friend, but it is an account that we can keep track of the amount in it, but it doesnt recalculate what people are owed back from it automatically. Currently, if everyone pays say, £100 per month, and a bill comes out of it, if i…

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re not currently planning to build this, but as some users have mentioned in the comments, one workaround is to create a dummy member of your group using an @example email address to represent your ‘kitty’ or shared fund.

12. import from CSV take 2

I read through your reasoning on why you don't want to tackle supporting import from CSV. There is no standard, and creating one can be messy, particularly with the details you mentioned. However, the cases, if limited to a two-way split are simple to start and would cover that scenario.

I would expect to download a sample CSV (or my own db from your website), append to it exactly as it is, and reupload it to your parser. If a case isn't covered a quick "we don't understand this line please run us through it can feed back into a…

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the detailed thoughts! Building an importer is definitely possible, but it just hasn’t been a high enough priority for us yet – only a handful of people have asked for it, and we’re a tiny team (2 developers), so other updates end up taking precedence. We might get to it someday, but I wouldn’t expect it any time soon, unfortunately.

If you’re feeling brave though (and you’re willing to ignore XKCD’s advice), we do have an API you could use for importing! Docs are here: http://dev.splitwise.com. Maybe someone will put a nice CSV import program up on GitHub for the power users :)

13. 64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting. I just had a look at Monzo’s API documentation: https://monzo.com/docs/#introduction it doesn’t seem like they support p2p transfers at the moment.

Splitwise is always looking to integrate with new payment partners across the world, if we get support for this in the future and there’s enough demand for it, we might consider implementing this in the future.

14. Make a button for moving settle-balance from one group to another (i.e. from trip group to some general group)

Usually you have a group of closer friends with whom you often use splitwise and for them you want to have general, never closing, splitwise group. Now for some trips you will very often have some of those friends going with you, as well as some other people. So once the trip is over, it would be highly useful if for those closer friends you can transfer remaining settle balance to the general group. Right now that has to be done manually, meaning virtually settling in a trip group and creating same amount expense in general group. What we need…

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We have a very basic version of this on our website – the “Simplify debts with this person” button, buried under friend settings – but it’s very hard to find, and it’s not very powerful (you can’t specify which group you want to move balances into). I’ll pass on a note about this and see if we can clean up that feature at some point soon :)

15. Custom keywords for auto categorization

Splitwise already detects words like "pizza" or "bar" to set a category, but it doesn't know location specifics. Thus would it be great if I were able to set my own keywords like "Shop XYZ" > groceries or "McMurderBuger" > Dining out.

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea! To be honest, it’s a lot of extra work to create a custom user-by-user system (maybe a good idea for the Pro version?), so that’s not likely in the near term. But if you have suggestions for words to add, please feel to email us at support@splitwise.com or add them to the comments. We also review the system periodically and add new “magic” words when we think of ones to add.

Best,
    Jon

16. Confirm cancel/escape of itemised bill adding

If we accidentally press Esc or if we happen to click outside the bill entering area, the and new bill popup disappears. We have to enter the whole bill allover again.

Ask for a confirmation from the user before cancelling the bill addition

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Pooling the money

Lets say an future event/trip is planned where by several group members pool in the money with only one or two of the group over a period of time. And at the event or trip these one or two people spend the money on behalf of others. So this would ideally be a transfer at the beggining and then the actual expense.

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you might try creating a group with an extra member named “Pool” – you could have everyone pay that fake member some money to start, and then that fake member could pay for expenses that come out of the group pool. Hope that helps!

18. Slack Integration

It would be great for teams (corporate or otherwise) to use a slack integration to keep track of SplitWise data. Slack is one of the top most platforms where most of us are always on - any plans to get that integration done?

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  19. Google Android Pay

https://developers.google.com/android-pay/

This should be integrated and is more secure then Venmo.

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Android Pay does not currently allow person-to-person money transfers – it’s primarily meant for paying businesses and merchants. If Android Pay or Google Wallet starts to allow free person-to-person money transfers via an API, then we’d definitely be happy to look at adding them as a payment option.

20. Add Cringle as payment option

I'm not sure if this German based app, might be willing to cooperate with you, it's called Cringle.

It's an app created for small payments (max. 250€ a month) with friends and family. The app is quite simple to use and could enhance the Splitwise experience at least in Europe or perhaps only Germany...

Here the link to it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.cringle.cringle

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base