Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. allow for selecting different tax rates in itemized bills

In Virginia, grocery food items are taxed at a lower 2.5% rate while general sales tax is 5.3-6%. Other states like Massachusetts don't charge sales tax on food at all. This makes it complicated to input the bill on Splitwise if the receipt has mixed categories of goods. Please allow for some way to assign different tax rates for certain items (some sort of checkbox or something).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

While I can see how this would be useful, this is a low-priority feature. Itemized bills are used by a very small number of our users, but we can’t justify putting in the resources for this at the moment. We might look at doing this in the future, though.

2. using NFC to settle balances directly between 2 phones having splitwise

Using NFC and bank details integration to settle balances directly between 2 phones having splitwise

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! I don’t think this is something we’re likely to add, but I’ll leave it up here to see if it’s popular. We do review settle up methods periodically to see if there are any news ones we can add.

Marshall

3. Display summary in multiple rows per currency type

I would like to see the details like you owe, you are owed or total balance in multiple rows per currency type. So that bills added in USD or INR can be tracked or viewed on summary easily.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! I can see how that would be useful. I don’t think we will change the summary. But we might be able to come up with a better way show you a summary of your balances in all currencies.

4. notification update

when someone else adds your expense then lockscreen notification should show only each person's share not the whole amount in notification

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for the suggestion!
    I’m going to leave this under review to see if other people are also interested in this.
    I’m interested to know why you’re looking for this feature?

5. Autocorrect

Please have it use the user's phone autocorrect when typing in expenses. I misstype a lot and don't like how my autocorrect doesn't work when using Splitwise.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. Scale the Android app to support different Font/Displaty sizes

I'm using a Nexus 6P with Android 7.1.2. For readability I have the font size set to Largest and Display size set to Large. The Contacts list cuts off the Contact Name and overlaps the contact information (Phone or email). The rest of the app seems to scale just fine.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for writing in! We do periodically check for compatibility with different fonts and sizes and are hoping to resolve this issue. I apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime!

7. Splitwise day!

Pls promote making some day of every month as Splitwise day where people can simplify their debts and pay off the balances!!

Sometime like 10th of every month.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Feedback

There's no good reason why giving Feedback prompts for my email address and name once I've logged into Splitwise. Use Single-Sign On or OAuth or any of the other technologies that are available.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. Give the option to eliminate the $ sign

We have multi-currency groups with different types of dollars in them. I believe my default currency is Singapore Dollars, so when I enter SGD, Splitwise changes that to $. I would rather I had the option to have all currencies displayed by their ISO symbol, i.e. SGD/USD/CAD, etc. This would remove all ambiguity.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion!
    I’m not sure if this is something we would change at the moment, but I can see how it would be helpful in your situation. I’ll leave this open for further voting for now, apologies for any inconvenience!

10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m not sure if this is something we’ll add in the near future but I’ll leave this open for now.

Did you know you can change your avatar to add a profile picture? You can upload your own image from your Account Settings page.

11. Change payee and payer on mobile

Not sure if this is on here yet as i couldn’t find it but it would be good to be able to change the people around when settling up. It can be a pain because i have to always jump on the computer to settle up instead of doing it on my phone with some of my friends because they may owe me money but im paying them. For example i pay money towards my phone bill to my Dad weekly so until the phone bill comes out before the end of the month it says he owes me money…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add colours to "friend'" names in groups

Adding colours to names would make it easier/quicker to identify who paid what

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  17. Tracker-free ads

Hello there,

I'm a new user of Splitwise. While I don't think paying for the Pro version is worth it for me, I would like to support the service by deactivating my ad blocker. However, after doing so, I still see no ads. I quickly realized that the ads are still being blocked by both the DuckDuckGo extension and the Privacy Badger extension, which are tracker blockers.

Just to be clear, those are not Ad blockers. They just block trackers. It just so happens that most ads track you, and therefore they get blocked. While I'm perfectly fine with adding…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  18. Integrate with money minder

This is a personal finance tool. Would be great to synch to this application and pull in custom categories

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)