Have an option of logging in using Google/Facebook even for the mobile app

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there. We do support Google login on Android. We may bring other social login options to mobile some day but it’s not on the road map presently.

If you created a web account via Facebook / Google, you can still log into that account on mobile. Just visit ‘account settings’ in the web app and add a password to your account. Then you can log in on mobile using your Facebook / Google ID and the password you set.

2. Create a Quicken Web Connect service

It would be really great to have a web connect feature with Splitwise to Quicken. Since half of my transactions are complete by my significant other, we each only see a portion of our actual expenses in our respective transaction history via our banks. This actually makes it kind of difficult to get a clear picture of what we are spending our money on.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  3. Add location to expense

It would be better if we add location of where the expense is made and filter the expense then it would be more easier..

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey Krishna – thanks for the suggestion! We’ve thought a bit about location data before, and it’s something that might show up in a future version of the app. Until then, apologies for any inconvenience!

4. Option to remove decimal display per currency

Just as the title says. Simple, give us an option to not display the .00 decimal in the app, or even better, determine and specify which currencies actually use decimal point amount of money.

I live in Korea I use Korean Won, naturally, which isn't applicable for decimal notation and I'm pretty sure quite a few more (if not most) currencies don't use decimals.

As a result, entering costs in Splitwise app now requires entering two more zeroes after the dot. KRW 38,500.00 is a pain...

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Very sorry for the trouble! Long-term, we would definitely like to add better support for international currencies with different numbers of decimals, but it will probably be a while before we get around to it. The vast majority of our users use currencies with 2 decimal places, and adding proper support for 0 or 3 decimal places (the other two common values for world currencies) will require significant technical effort both on our servers and in our mobile apps.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience!

5. Override language settings using an in-app language selector

It would be great if the default language which is currently preset by phone settings can be overwritten using an in-app language selector.
    Thanks!

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: this is now possible on iOS 13! Go to the Settings app and find Splitwise in the list near the bottom. You can choose the language for the app separately from your main phone language. You may also need to change the setting in the Splitwise app as well in your Account settings as we keep a separate language setting for notifications that doesn’t always update automatically right now.

Thanks for the suggestion and sorry if you prefer to use Splitwise in English when the rest of your phone is another language. We haven’t seen any other apps that allow you to do this, and it would be fairly difficult for us to build, so this is not something we’re going to be able to do in the near term. That said I’m leaving this “under review” in case a lot of other users would like us to build…

6. Bills paid by multiple people: "Each person paid an equal share"

When adding a bill which was paid by multiple people you should be able to select an option "Each person paid an equal share" in addition to the available option "Each person paid for their own share".

This is especially useful for couples having a shared bank account / credit card or for shared bills where everyone just chipped in the same amount of money (but one still wants to split the items afterwards).

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  7. settle up as of <date>

the ability to select a bill and settle up at that point, so settle up all bills before this (and perhaps insert that payment into the timeline there)

so if I had 3 bills and I owed $80
    April Gas : $20
    march Food: $40
    March Gas $20

I could select "March Food" and settle up all my previous payments (march food and gas) and after it would look like this

you Owe $20
    April Gas : $20
    Rich paid $60
    march Food: $40
    March Gas $20

THANKS!

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re not currently planning to add something like this as we believe it would not be used by many users and would therefore unnecessarily complicate the interface. If this idea gets a lot of votes, we’ll reconsider.

Marshall

8. Automatically recalculate share, when new people getting added to the group.

Sometimes many expenses are added before everyone joins the group. The shares should auto recalculate if others join. For instance if I have a group of 5 people, and have a bill divided among all the group. Each person is charged $2. But later, we add in the remaining 5 people to the group, each person should automatically get recalculated to $1. Currently I have to manually add people in to the group expenses.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be useful, though we’d also want to make sure that we don’t accidentally add people to bills that they SHOULDN’T be involved in. (For example, a lot of people use Splitwise to keep track of apartments, group trips, etc where people may come and go at different points in time.) For now, apologies for the inconvenience!

9. Should be able to track expenses between two person in a group

We should be able to see the expenses between two people in a group

Let us suppose there are 3 people in the group A, B and C

Then A should be able to see the recent transactions between him and B
    (A and B ) and between him and C (A and C)

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. add a 'by calendar' split method

Our household recently had some of its occupants change, and so the payment of things like rent and bills has been complicated. We needed to figureout who was present for each bill, and for how much, and therefore how much they should pay as a result.

Splitting 'by shares' and entering the number of days that people were around was a good solution here, but it's a pain to keep track of that manually.

What I'd love is a calendar where people can be added or removed. Then when an electricity bill comes in (covering 90 days), the date-range for…

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Mac App

It would be great if there was a mac app version - it could integrate with the notification centre for transfers and thing.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  12. set a count for how many times an expense should recur

This applies to both the Mobile and web apps. There is an option in the date pop up where you can select the expense to recur at an interval (weekly, fortnightly, monthly etc). My suggestion is to include an option to select how many times it should recur.

For example, a friend of mine borrowed cash which he promised to pay back in 6 equal installments. Split wise allows me to opt for the expense to recur monthly, but doesn't allow me to limit it to 6 times.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add support for bills recurring every n weeks (where n is a positive integer)

I can currently add weekly and fortnightly recurring bills, but not every 3 or 4 weeks.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion – this definitely makes sense! Our recurring bill system is pretty basic right now, but hopefully we’ll have a chance to spruce it up in the future. It’d be great to support more flexible kinds of bills (every 3 weeks, the last Thursday of every month, things like that).

14. Add an option for a lump-sum Splitwise Pro payment

I like Splitwise a lot and have gotten a lot of use out of it, so I would like to subscribe to Splitwise Pro to support the site. However, I am uneasy about adding recurring, monthly expenses to my bank statement. Would it be possible to add a non-recurring subscription option? I would be perfectly fine with a resubscribe email getting sent in a (month/year) but I do not like automatic charges. Thank you!

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re definitely considering this! We’re running a variety of tests right now to decide exactly how we’ll be offering Splitwise Pro (pay-what-you-want, fixed cost, etc).

15. Export notes as well

When exporting to a spreadsheet, it would be awesome if all the information related to transaction is also saved as an excel file (rather than CSV). Currently notes and attached images are not exported.

Saving as an excel file, will give more flexibility to add links to images saved along with a transaction.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how notes and attachments would be useful, though we’d have to think a bit about how exactly to structure the spreadsheet (we probably wouldn’t want just one “notes” column, or each cell might have a huge amount of text). I’ll add this to our list of possible improvements for the next time we’re working on printouts and exports.

16. Enable Photo Export (Enhance export csv)

Enable photo export... this could help when doing expense claim in a company.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! That definitely makes sense as a feature on our apps.

There is already a way to export your receipts, but only on the website (splitwise.com). If you click an expense that has a receipt, and then click on the receipt itself, you’ll notice that the image opens up in a new tab. From there, you can just right click on it to save the image.

17. Sort by outstanding debt

We use the app for a coffee club...The person with the biggest outstanding debt pays for everyone's coffee (well, whoever wants coffee at the time). Currently we need to scan the entire list of balances to find out who is most in debt to the group. Having a sort by debt function would save it's valuable seconds!

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Interesting – I’ll pass on the suggestion! Can I ask how many people are in your group? I want to make sure I understand your use case as well as possible…most groups on Splitwise involve 3-5 people, so I think we figured that you’d usually be able to see everyone’s balance at a glance even without sorting.

18. Allow linkage to Chase Quickpay

Chase quickpay is a quick method of payment that is offered by Chase bank and something I use with a lot of people. Would be great to see it added to the payment options instead of just paypal and Venmo. Thanks! Loving Splitwise! Thanks for making life as a student easier between my friends and I - no more sending and forgetting Excel spreadsheets!

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion and for your kind words about Splitwise.

We will considering adding Chase Quickpay integration if the idea gets popular amongst our user base, and if Chase begins providing a free API for Quickpay (that’s the tech thing we’d need to do the integration).

In the meanwhile, sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for using Splitwise!

ZC

19. Three decimals for certain currencies

Please allow 3 decimal currencies to be stored (e.g. Omani Riyal, Kuwaiti Dinar, etc) in Splitwise.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately we’ll need to make some technical changes on our backend before we can support 3-decimal currencies, but hopefully this is something we can work on in the future!

20. Suggest who should pick up the tab

When entering a new bill (particularly at a restaurant, but there are many scenarios), once all of the names have been entered into "With you and", figure out who owes the most money among the participants and suggest that person as the "Paid by".

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base