Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Add an option to filter out expenses/payments by user

It would be a nice feature to allow viewing only expenses and payments related to any particular user if required

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

We’ve added this feature in the web redesign! Click “other actions”, then “hide items not involving me” to see only the transactions that involve you.

(We haven’t decided yet whether to allow you to see only the expenses that involve some /other/ user besides yourself. If that’s a feature you’d like to see, let us know!)

2. Enable "Pay via Paypal" on your mobile app.

The "Pay via Paypal" feature is the best! Add that to the mobile app to make this service a thousand times better!

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. add more currencies

some currencies are missing, like for example Thai Bhat. may be good to add thee as well.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Adding Pictures for "payments"

when we make a payment, it would great to add pictures. right now, for a payment, theres only the one your website has. I would like to add a picture of a bill, bank confirmation, etc. Please allow us to add pictures for payments as well.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Settling up in multiple currencies

If you have debts in multiple currencies you can't see how much you owe if the debt go beyond two lines. You also cannot chose what order you want to settle up currencies. This is inconvenient.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Both mobile platforms should now display balances in multiple currencies more completely and should show more options when settling up to handle these cases.

Marshall

6. Split an expense equally with individual $ or % adjustment

Use-Case: Utility Bills where in 99.9% of the time it is split equally, except in the case of individual-specific overage charges.

I would like to be able to set the bill to split equally, then add/subtract either a finite $ amount or a % to one person, and then (here's the important part) see the amount the other people owe automatically adjust to still be split equally (amongst the remaining parties) such that the leftover amount is brought back down to $0.00 automatically.

A competing service has this feature and it is very useful to not have to compute manually…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Specify items on expenses

Hello, I have been using this amazing tool for almost a year, and I've got some suggestions that might be useful:

1 - Be able to specify which items where in the expense for more clarity, and also optionally the expense group for the items, for expenses with items that belongs to different groups.

2 - The user should be able to create customized expense groups.

3 - I use SW with a friend, but not every expense is shared, so we give eachother the receipts so we can remove what we don't want to go to the site as…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

I’m not sure we did these all in the way you requests, but we do have features that solve this in the app.

1. You can add itemized expenses, though only from the web (we are unlikely to bring this to mobile)

2. You can create groups, though I’m not sure this solves things that way that you want.

3. You can now comment on expenses, so disputes can be resolved in the expense itself.

Marshall

8. Print Expense Statements/Reports

I think a really great feature would be the ability to print statements or reports. For example in my case I manage expenses for our whole house. A couple of people in my house are not necessarily tech savvy and some of them just are too lazy to log on to splitwise. If I could print out a report for the week, month, or year, kind of like an invoice sort of thing and just stick it on their door it would be really helpful. I also think this would be great for backing up information because lets face it.…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Printable statements should be available on the right side of the month header in a group or friendship. Please let us know if you have any trouble with them.

Marshall

9. Maintain currencies between webapp and mobile app

whatever the default currency chosen in the webapp, needs to be maintained in the mobile app. Alternatively, you need to include the default currency option in the mobile app.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Summary on Group Page.

1) What I had missing on the Group page is that, it doesn't have a summary of who owe who and what amount. You mention a total amount owed by a person in the group but to whom. ANd if one wants to see to whom he owes, he need to calculate the total amount from different bills paid by one person.
    I would prefer to have a kind of summary that lets say:
    you owe X€ to John.
    you owe Y€ to Michelle.

2) On the dashboard, the bill are not well shuffled with each one after some items…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Link contacts by Phone Number

I'm sure you have usage statistics on this, but I'm guessing the primary users of your app are phone-based, and not PC-based (except for features currently not possible in the apps).
    Due to this, contacts should be linked by phone numbers, and debts can be sent by push notifications (another idea I've posted). That'll allow easier addition and maintenance of friends.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now invite friends by phone numbers and receive push notifications. There are still some issues with matching invites to users that we are working on.

Marshall

12. add tooltips for the buttons.

I'm mousing over and having to use the destination URLs to figure out what buttons do! Give me tooltips! Also, I can't figure out how to add a recurring expense...

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow selecting currency for each specific bill

Hi,

I live in the border between Switzerland and France and travel many times with my friends. We constantly need the option to choose between Swiss Francs and Euro for each specific bill. It it also very practical for trips (Eastern Europe, etc.)

We are a big group trying to look for alternatives to leave bill monk (as almost everyone here, by what I have seen in the forums). So far yours looks the best, except that we really need this option (as well as the other ones I have voted).

Cheers,
    João

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can select the currency for each bill on web, iPhone and Android, though the Android app does not currently display the correct currency (expect an update that displays correctly in the next few weeks).

Marshall

14. Tax and Tip

hey guys love the work you are doing. One tiny suggestion is that for tip and tax calculation, I would prefer to enter the amount and not the %.
    Also when entering data the widget or small screen that the site switches to is too small, please make the experience full screen.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Rename friends

I can't find a way to rename friends. Somehow a few got added under only their first initial during import from Billmonk. If there is a way, it should be made clearer!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added the ability to edit details of friends who have not yet logged in. Just visit the friendships settings page for the friend that you wish to edit, and you’ll be able to change their name or email address.

Note that once a user has logged in, only that person can change their name or email address.

16. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

This will now be the case for all new bills added for bills with multiple friends. We don’t currently plan to update older split bills to the new, cleaner format.

17. URL to invite people outside the group to join

I want to be able to say, "Join my splitwise group here!" and send a url. Can you please make that happen?

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. On the Divide a Bill box, remember what is entered in the first two boxes.

Once I enter amount and description, if I go and add people the entered information is cleared. Please remember the information or change the layout so that adding people is done first.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. hi, I would love to be add pictures of receipts from the camera roll. Also, being able to edit friends info within the app

Hi, I would love to be add pictures of receipts from the camera roll. Right now, the app only allows you to take pictures on the spot. You cannot use the ones from your camera roll.

Also, we cannot edit friends info on the app. If we select a wrong eail adress it cannot be edited/changed on the app. We have to login online to do so. So being able to edit friends email addresses within the app would be great too!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  20. Add more icons

Add more icons like for drink, vegetables. entertainment

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here