Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. View balance by month

It would be nice to be able to view balances by specific month (or other time period). My partner and I settle expenses on a monthly basis, but sometimes we add expenses for the current month before the previous month's balance has been settled. Once those expenses are added, it is it difficult to remember what the previous month's balance was.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Our mobile apps don’t really support this yet, but we do have something like this on our website – just log in, go to a particular friend or group, and click the “view printable summary” link at the top of each month’s bills. You’ll get a summary that includes balances at the beginning and end of the month, as well as net change for the month.

2. Add more payment options

You could have more payment connectors, like apple pay, android pay, debit card. Also, keep an eye for international platforms, I'm an international user and I'd love to use my local payment systems (There's a startup here in Brazil called PicPay, it's a venmo copycat). That would drive adoption A LOT!

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We’re definitely interested in adding more payment options! Unfortunately, some of the more well-known options (Apple Pay, Android Pay) don’t currently allow third-party apps to send person-to-person payments, so we haven’t been able to add them yet, but we’re hopeful that those companies will open up their APIs in the future. And non-US payment providers are definitely on our to-do list too! :)

3. Fix recurring item edits

Recurring items should have a start date and an end date. When My apartment lease came to an end, I had to "delete" the expense, which actually ended up deleting the last time it occurred, rather than all the future occurrences! Not intuitive behavior, and it was not clear that would happen.
    Thanks

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re working on the messaging of how our expenses (especially ones like recurring bills) work as we speak.

This does sound like something that we need to address for sure. Thanks so much for letting us know!

4. Display the old and new balances for each person involved in Debt Simplification

Debt simplification is a very good idea, but it lacks one most important thing. The old and new balances for each participant with the friends they simplified with. This is causing a lot of confusion, as to who was owing how much before the debt was simplified. So, it is urgently required if you could add the details about how much each person paid and how much each person gets back after the debt simplification.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. add the ability to link to bank accounts

we did this with paydivvy. its the one thing that separated them from everyone else. now that paydivvy is being acquired we need a new service. hopefully connecting bank accounts is part of your plan already! makes it a lot easier to just press "pay" rather than cutting a check each time

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We’d definitely like to do this! It’s unlikely to happen any time in the next few months (it takes a lot of work to properly and securely integrate with banks), but hopefully it’s something we can consider in the future.

6. Calendar

a calendar feature that helps a home group keep track of who gets paid when, and when bills are due. To help figure out who will actually pay the bill, and then be owed by the rest of the group.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks Randy! Have you tried using the ‘recurring bill’ feature? Interested to know whether that meets this need, or whether you think we need a calendar function on top of it. Thanks for using Splitwise and writing in!

7. Please add an option to filter out expenses/payments by user

Please provide an option to filter out expenses/payments by user , similar to the option of hide expenses not involving me.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you may be able to use “Export as spreadsheet” to accomplish some of this. You can export a spreadsheet from our website by going to a group or friend, then clicking the settings icon in the upper right and choosing “Export”. Hope that helps!

8. Allow custom messages to be sent to group members from Splitwise Group

I would like to send a custom message to specific members of a Group directly from Splitwise. I've tried using the whiteboard function but that doesn't seem to work very well.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you aware of the ability to send reminders, or comment on specific expenses? You can send an email to a fellow group member by clicking on their name in the right sidebar, then clicking the “Send reminder” button. You can leave comments on specific expenses by clicking the expense, then entering a comment in the comment box – the other people involved in the bill should get an email about your comment. I hope that helps!

9. 31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Venmo Charges

You venmo integration is great, but you currently cannot request money and create a Venmo charge. This would help remind people to settle debts. You've already integrated with the Venmo API, and according to their documentation, all you need to do is put a negative amount in the request to create a charge -- this should be easy (see: https://developer.venmo.com/docs/payments).

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow subset of group members for Pay with Adjustment

The "Split Equally" functionality allows us to select only some people in a group, and most of the other options (Split Unequally, Pay by Share, etc.) also allow for an easy way to split when not everyone is involved. Pay by Adjustment, however, requires the entire group to be included - it would be great if we could check/uncheck some group members here as well.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Edit/manage recurring payments on mobile

It would be nice to be able to manage recurring payments on mobile. There is currently no indication of which payments are recurring unless you happen to remember which ones they are, and you open them up to edit. Even if there had to be a separate view where you could edit/remove recurring payments.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  13. 30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Intellisense

Hi,

This is a great web app. I was thinking, as the users who are using this app for everyday expenses management, their expense description remains same or similar. So, if you can store those descriptions and as user starts typing, you can show a probable list to select from their earlier descriptions. It will be more user friendly as then user doesn't need to type the same thing over and over again everyday or every week.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I can definitely see how that would be useful! We’ve got a bunch of features already on our to-do list, but I’ll pass on the suggestion at our next team meeting and see if we want to add that sometime soon.

15. Add tax support and partial split

There is a typical case I meet usually: I went to Walmart with my two roommates. X bought $10 things for himself, Y bought $12, Z bought $15. Meanwhile, we bought $30 things for sharing. And X paid the bill. Note that the money above didn't include the tax (I'm in US, one has to pay additional 8.75% tax of the original price). In this case we want to split the $30 and its tax equally, while each pay for his own thing including that tax. Since on the receipt the tax is only a sum, it's annoying for us…

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble – I’ll pass on the feedback! For now, you could try adding your bill on our website and choosing “itemized bill” as the split method, which includes some handling for tax (and for splitting up a bill’s items between multiple people).

16. Tags

Ability to create tags for certain expenses, e.g "Moving costs", "Pets", "Reimbursable", "Sunday trip" when between two people especially

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

While we aren’t actively planning to implement tags currently, there are some things that you could essentially use as tags: we have a category for every expense such as transportation – bus, taxi or utilities – gas, power.

You can also create separate group if you want to have expenses for lets say a trip, an apartment or a club to be separate from regular expenses.

17. editing future dates and quarterly bills

Its a mild inconvenience that I cannot edit the next months recurring bills until the month it is due. So when I have a bill due on 7/4, and I don't want to have to wait have edit it till a few days before. I could just enter it in as a new bill, but I'd rather be able to edit the recurring and give more notice to my roommates.

I've also noticed that I cannot enter a recurring bill that's quarterly. This has led to some confusion between my roommates when they see a "new" bill. I'd rather it…

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Jon here. Thanks for these great suggestions, and your patience with the recurring system.

We definitely have improvements in mind for recurring bills, and these are both great points. Sorry for the inconvenience, and we’ll check back on both quarterly recurrences and pre-editing of recurring bills when we get to updating the recurring system.

18. Create bill templates

I add bills at the end of the month...when I do, there are usually similar groups, for instance, I do groceries at once, but every goshdarn bill I add, I have to redo the changes I made to each successive one, each time it requires several clicks, if I could instead make a template and reuse it, it would make it far easier for me. Or copy an old one and change what I needed. For instance, all you'd need to add is a right click or link that said "create new bill from old" next to the bills when…

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve been thinking about something like this for monthly utility bills, where the total cost changes month-to-month but everything else stays the same. We’re looking into it!

19. Splitwise as alexa skill

please add a alexa skill for Splitwise, which is will be one of the most advanced feature from any expense manging applications

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  20. Expense/Payment list filters

Provide the option to select individual members, multiple members, specific expense types (grogeries, bills, payments, ect).

Also, alowing for collapse/expand of individual months in the list would be a nice feature to clean things up.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an idea that I think would be a great addition to the site. I’m not sure when we could fit it in our schedule, but it’s something I think would be a useful way to organize expenses.

1 2 5 7 9 43 44

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base