I suggest you ...

Allow for late entries to group be easily added to previously added expenses

I add cab ride and invite 3 people to "cab ride" group. The cost of cab ride should be split between me and 3 people. 2 people and myself join group so splitwise divides it by 3. 4th person then joins group and has to manually be added to expenses. This process becomes horrible when there are 20 people and many expenses for a weekend. Perhaps split up the settlements and expenses so I don't have to go hunting for items to add latecomers. Seriously, make it more like Excel, this interface is childish.

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
David shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unbelievable that this isn't table stakes for this service. If an expense's "With:" is filled in with the group itself, those expenses should update as new members join the group, not be expanded to be only the members who are in the group at the time the expense is added.

This isn't really a feature request- this is a massive bug with splitwise. The product is close to unuseable for large groups without this. It means we have to manually tell every person in the group to not actually use the app at all to add expenses until every single one of our friends has clicked the link and joined the group.Then we have to have a text or email thread waiting till its confirmed that every single person has joined, which means counting or even starting an excel list if it's a big enough group. Then once every person is joined we tell everyone that now you can add all your expenses. How has this not been fixed?

• Suresh Prakash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My use case. Initially, x friends planned for a trip, created a group "Trip" and added expenses. Now, 1 new friend joins the group. There should be a way to automatically split all the expenses in group "Trip" with this newly added person. Basically, all the expenses that existed at the time of adding a new person to the group should be now split with x+1 people instead of x people.

When adding someone to a group late (we had a person come on our trip last minute) you should be prompted asking if you want them added to all of the expenses added prior to them joining. You can have 3 options. 1 - yes, add them to all, 2 - add them to sum (automatically takes you to a screen where all previous expenses live and you can manually add them to some or 3 - no, add them to none.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base