I suggest you ...

New category for vacation

If you are on vacation, you have a lot of different shared expenses: flights and hotels, but also e.g. museum admissions, attractions. Right now, these stay uncategorized. It would be great to have a dedicated category for attractions or vacation.

The best solution to all these category requests would be to add a (pro?) feature to manage categories: remove those you don't need, and add new categories!

Cheers,
Hannes

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Splitwise SupportAdminSplitwise Support (Admin, Splitwise) responded  · 

Thanks for the suggestion Hannes! I would expect our “Entertainment” category would cover these kinds of items right now. We might add something that lets you remove categories at some point, but we do not expect to be adding the ability to add new categories.

Cheers,
    Marshall

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chaitanya TappuChaitanya Tappu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. Museum entrances, or other sightseeing entrance fees are covered neither in entertainment nor in travel.

• Jeffrey GJeffrey G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with marshall that most vacation expenses already have categories, but I'm particular I'd love to see a "Museum" category under entertainment.

Feedback and Knowledge Base