I suggest you ...

Search expenses!

You're building a great site, and you guys are quite responsive to feedback. Congratulations!

Is there a way to search the expense history by keyword? It's such a basic feature that I just assumed it exists somewhere, but after looking around for a while I think it's missing as of now. It would be great if I can search by keywords such as say "grocery", or sort by category, or sort by persons involved etc.

906 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    adityaforsun shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

100 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sharanya V Raju commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I strongly suggest your team to provide a search feature for all transactions. It is highly critical. Thank you!

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think a search function would be really helpful for this app. This would make it easy to find specific expenses if for some reason a discrepancy comes up, or in my case, if you need to delete an expense that's farther back it makes it so much easier. I had bought something that eventually got returned because it wasnt something we needed, but everyone had paid for it. We decided the best idea would be to delete the expense, as it would then show that they are owed more money, but it was a hassle to find it. I love this app and it makes everything so easy and there's no fight about expenses, but a search function would make it perfect!

• rockin.jassie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a search bar makes it easier for the customer to look for a payment and also search should consider both prices and heading of the entries

• Sarah Skapik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to adding a simple search functionality to the mobile app - there also needs to be a way to quickly view all expenses by a category, user or vendor. Use case example: I need to make sure that I've added my monthly utility bill into Splitwise. Without filtering or search, i have to scroll back thru all my expenses and scan and hunt for a bill name. If there was filtering I could press a button and see all those bills listed.

• rory.tan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello I've subscribed to premium, the feature was marketed as there, but I see the ticket says started...
        I can't seem to find it anywhere though so is it started or there and just really hard to find?

• Thanks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Problem is that I can’t get into the app Facebook or email address

• Jéssica Franke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gostaria que fosse possível pesquisar pelo nome da despesa que incluí. Por exemplo, pesquisar por "aluguel" e o aplicativo me retornar uma lista das atividades chamadas "aluguel" incluídas.

• Abhilash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would really help with analysis of expenditure such as 'how much did we spend on groceries till now" of since last 6 months. if the search is that equipped it would be agame changer

• kiran pathe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think there should be a search field along with date for searching particular activity.

• satendra nath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

most of us use splitwise extensively, and the logs generated wad very huge, like i need to know when i have purchased something or when was the last time i have paid for that thing, for ease of users you can include some string search option.

• Shubham Rai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Splitwise

I would suggest to have one search Box in activity area so that user can search previous records easily by name or some matching words.

• Vivek yadav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi team can we utilize pro feature on test basis so that if we like it and would like to but it can do that as well

← Previous 1 3 4 5

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base