I suggest you ...

Search expenses!

You're building a great site, and you guys are quite responsive to feedback. Congratulations!

Is there a way to search the expense history by keyword? It's such a basic feature that I just assumed it exists somewhere, but after looking around for a while I think it's missing as of now. It would be great if I can search by keywords such as say "grocery", or sort by category, or sort by persons involved etc.

959 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
adityaforsun shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

109 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Koen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just paid for Splitwise to have search but I can’t search on price, only on title it seems. I need to be able to also search/match price if I want to easily match the expenses I see on my bank account with limited info there. Please adjust the search query to include more fields. Thx !

• Avni Tailor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding a search bar is must for the app to get a better response. I try to find some expenses from past month and end up scrolling everytime.

• Shikhar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently we are not able to search any particular expense we made in the past. It would be great if you introduce a search bar in order to facilitate the searching of the same.

• Harish Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Filter transactions based on who mad ethe payment in a particular group.
    As of now, if we tap one individual share for a group whole groups transaction opens up. But I just want to check his/her transactions.

• Sharanya V Raju commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I strongly suggest your team to provide a search feature for all transactions. It is highly critical. Thank you!

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think a search function would be really helpful for this app. This would make it easy to find specific expenses if for some reason a discrepancy comes up, or in my case, if you need to delete an expense that's farther back it makes it so much easier. I had bought something that eventually got returned because it wasnt something we needed, but everyone had paid for it. We decided the best idea would be to delete the expense, as it would then show that they are owed more money, but it was a hassle to find it. I love this app and it makes everything so easy and there's no fight about expenses, but a search function would make it perfect!

• rockin.jassie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a search bar makes it easier for the customer to look for a payment and also search should consider both prices and heading of the entries

• Sarah Skapik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to adding a simple search functionality to the mobile app - there also needs to be a way to quickly view all expenses by a category, user or vendor. Use case example: I need to make sure that I've added my monthly utility bill into Splitwise. Without filtering or search, i have to scroll back thru all my expenses and scan and hunt for a bill name. If there was filtering I could press a button and see all those bills listed.

• rory.tan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello I've subscribed to premium, the feature was marketed as there, but I see the ticket says started...
    I can't seem to find it anywhere though so is it started or there and just really hard to find?

• Thanks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Problem is that I can’t get into the app Facebook or email address

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base