I suggest you ...

Search expenses!

You're building a great site, and you guys are quite responsive to feedback. Congratulations!

Is there a way to search the expense history by keyword? It's such a basic feature that I just assumed it exists somewhere, but after looking around for a while I think it's missing as of now. It would be great if I can search by keywords such as say "grocery", or sort by category, or sort by persons involved etc.

507 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    adityaforsunadityaforsun shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

53 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JessJess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a group with my boyfriend and I'm viewing all of our past expenses. Right now I only want to look at the expenses I entered from our phone bills, which are all named similarly. I want to be able to type that word into a box and have the view filter to show only expenses containing that word.

• NamrataNamrata commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if we can search inside a group where we had payed. Example : if we want to search how much rent we paid 4 months back, then we can just search for rent and get query result.

• Abhishek BediAbhishek Bedi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in the friend transactions. I should be able to search any transaction I made plus if I get a monthly report of transactions it'll be awesome

• DevalDeval commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search option help us to directly look for what we are looking for.

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Splitwise is like a log of all transaction that happen in a group (house). When we need to analyze some of the transaction we need to search through it. It will be nice to have a search feature.

• SudevSudev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know why this is still not there. there should be a search option to find out a transaction based on the description or based on who paid.. in our apartment group, if we wish to find out who paid rent 5 months back, its really difficult. I don't know if this option is available in the desktop version.. buy please add this in the mobile app.

• GOKUL KathiresnGOKUL Kathiresn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Searching expenses based on keywords,description, category. Sorting based on date, amount greater or lesser than, so people can analyze that they have spent this mich amount in a period of time / category.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be good to have a search transaction option within a group.

Awesome app - Keep rocking!

• Ashwini BorikarAshwini Borikar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes all you remember is expense name and then you want to search for all those expenses if you have already added it last month or its still pending. Currently its hassle to do show more and search for expenses/ view printable summary and search by Ctrl + F. I think search option will be really cool add-on for Splitwise!

• AzimAzim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide a search option to search a bill on the basis of bill title

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base