I suggest you ...

Search expenses!

You're building a great site, and you guys are quite responsive to feedback. Congratulations!

Is there a way to search the expense history by keyword? It's such a basic feature that I just assumed it exists somewhere, but after looking around for a while I think it's missing as of now. It would be great if I can search by keywords such as say "grocery", or sort by category, or sort by persons involved etc.

531 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    adityaforsunadityaforsun shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

57 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JessJess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a group with my boyfriend and I'm viewing all of our past expenses. Right now I only want to look at the expenses I entered from our phone bills, which are all named similarly. I want to be able to type that word into a box and have the view filter to show only expenses containing that word.

• NamrataNamrata commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if we can search inside a group where we had payed. Example : if we want to search how much rent we paid 4 months back, then we can just search for rent and get query result.

• Abhishek BediAbhishek Bedi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in the friend transactions. I should be able to search any transaction I made plus if I get a monthly report of transactions it'll be awesome

• DevalDeval commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search option help us to directly look for what we are looking for.

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Splitwise is like a log of all transaction that happen in a group (house). When we need to analyze some of the transaction we need to search through it. It will be nice to have a search feature.

• SudevSudev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know why this is still not there. there should be a search option to find out a transaction based on the description or based on who paid.. in our apartment group, if we wish to find out who paid rent 5 months back, its really difficult. I don't know if this option is available in the desktop version.. buy please add this in the mobile app.

• GOKUL KathiresnGOKUL Kathiresn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Searching expenses based on keywords,description, category. Sorting based on date, amount greater or lesser than, so people can analyze that they have spent this mich amount in a period of time / category.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be good to have a search transaction option within a group.

Awesome app - Keep rocking!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base