I suggest you ...

Search expenses!

You're building a great site, and you guys are quite responsive to feedback. Congratulations!

Is there a way to search the expense history by keyword? It's such a basic feature that I just assumed it exists somewhere, but after looking around for a while I think it's missing as of now. It would be great if I can search by keywords such as say "grocery", or sort by category, or sort by persons involved etc.

946 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
adityaforsun shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

106 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sudev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know why this is still not there. there should be a search option to find out a transaction based on the description or based on who paid.. in our apartment group, if we wish to find out who paid rent 5 months back, its really difficult. I don't know if this option is available in the desktop version.. buy please add this in the mobile app.

• GOKUL Kathiresn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Searching expenses based on keywords,description, category. Sorting based on date, amount greater or lesser than, so people can analyze that they have spent this mich amount in a period of time / category.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be good to have a search transaction option within a group.

Awesome app - Keep rocking!

• Ashwini Borikar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes all you remember is expense name and then you want to search for all those expenses if you have already added it last month or its still pending. Currently its hassle to do show more and search for expenses/ view printable summary and search by Ctrl + F. I think search option will be really cool add-on for Splitwise!

• Azim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide a search option to search a bill on the basis of bill title

• Bharadwaj A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

provide a search box by which you can filter all your expenses in all the individual and group expenses, to easily toggle to a wanted expense

• Shashank B R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

including a expense search.. this will help to look up older expenses easily. search by amount or date or expense description should be ideal is what I feel

• Vivek Rawat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would like to suggest a search functionality on activity tab to search any expense based on description or comment.

• Melissa England commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We buy groceries to last through the week but our roommates eat everything in one day....what's the best solution to keep what we buy?

• Melissa England commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Were two couples living together. One person from each couple works. What is the best way to divide the cost of bills?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base