I suggest you ...

Search expenses!

You're building a great site, and you guys are quite responsive to feedback. Congratulations!

Is there a way to search the expense history by keyword? It's such a basic feature that I just assumed it exists somewhere, but after looking around for a while I think it's missing as of now. It would be great if I can search by keywords such as say "grocery", or sort by category, or sort by persons involved etc.

843 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    adityaforsun shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

93 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bharadwaj A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

provide a search box by which you can filter all your expenses in all the individual and group expenses, to easily toggle to a wanted expense

• Shashank B R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

including a expense search.. this will help to look up older expenses easily. search by amount or date or expense description should be ideal is what I feel

• Vivek Rawat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would like to suggest a search functionality on activity tab to search any expense based on description or comment.

• Melissa England commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We buy groceries to last through the week but our roommates eat everything in one day....what's the best solution to keep what we buy?

• Melissa England commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Were two couples living together. One person from each couple works. What is the best way to divide the cost of bills?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really great if I could search through old bills such as "october" or "natural gas" or "janine" or "2014 hot dogs mayo stopwatch kiddie pool lesbian wrestling losing bet" and the like.
        Thanks!

• priyanka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure if you have it already but please provide an option to search a particular expense entered previously based on a keyword or category of expense. Makes it easier to track down expense when necessary.

• Shrinivas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when i want to search a bill that i posted in the group long time ago, then there should be some option to search bill. it would be great if that option is also there

• Angelica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree! Really want search back! Seems like a practical baseline functionality that shouldn't be taken away for pro memberships. That scrolling is not convenient. Trying to figure out how much j gave my nephew for his birthday the last 2 years so I can make it equal on his 3rd birthday.

• Anirudha Sant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to Search within app, the use of Spotlight search for deep links in ios 9 will be a topping over the cake. Eagerly waiting for both the features!

• Kalyan Addagalla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did we not have "search expenses" in the previous version? Its handy and required as I may want to search for mobile bill for the past few months, or may be I want to search for grocery expenses and the split, etc etc. Need the search expenses back.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base