I suggest you ...

Search expenses!

You're building a great site, and you guys are quite responsive to feedback. Congratulations!

Is there a way to search the expense history by keyword? It's such a basic feature that I just assumed it exists somewhere, but after looking around for a while I think it's missing as of now. It would be great if I can search by keywords such as say "grocery", or sort by category, or sort by persons involved etc.

843 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    adityaforsun shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

93 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Shourjya Dasgupta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Eagerly waiting for this feature.
        Its been way longer than " later this year."

Other than that Great solution :-)

• Fabre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Searching by cost would be great too. I look at my credit card bill at the end of the month, see something I'm not sure I've entered already, and/or is unclear, and the easiest thing would be to search through my splitwise expenses by the amount, to see if I did enter it

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can the search functionality please be modified to look at itemized items, as well? It's pretty common for me to need to look up, say, "Corn flakes" (to see who took themselves off the corn flakes on previous bills).

• osm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also just assumed this would be present. Seems like an obvious feature to include.

Is there any progress from the admin comment from June 2013 (search available on iphone but not yet on web or android)?

• AdminSplitwise Support (Admin, Splitwise) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One thing you can do until we get around to fixing this on the web - if you use the "All Expenses" view, you can Control+F find the expense you need. You just might need to go to the bottom and do a "load all expenses" if it's an old one.

Maybe you can have hashtag support: the categories do exist, but #hastags, which can be used in our notes etc also

• Ashwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just going to post this same question because I have to go back two months from now searching for a bill. It would be great if you guys can incorporate a search tab or search option. Saying that, I use a Windows phone, if you make an iphone change, It wouldn't help me. Hope you guys understand. But it's great that splitwise is such a help. A few improvements here and there and it would be a great platform to work on. Cheers!

When do you think you can incorporate this? It has been a while since that suggestion has been made, and you also think it's a good idea.

• Rahul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope the search would be more than just keyword. Like offering different 'filters' say time filter or just see the expenses that were paid by X

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a search function by keyword or ability to sort by category. Will help with tracking and organization of bills.

1 2 3 5 Next →

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base