I suggest you ...

Save unequal split settings

I always pay 2/3 and roommate pays 1/3 (i sublet one of the rooms, but think couples). % split is great but would be nice not to have to type 66.67 and 33.33 every time.

1,496 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Josh Benjamin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

203 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anmol Arora commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a Developer myself. I would love to help you guys implement this feature. I really need this feature.

• Abhijeet Vaidya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You enable me to split an expense by shares. That is awesome as typically expenses are made by a family and the split is by the number of people in that family (headcount). Unfortunately, I have to enter the shares for every expense. Could we not configure a group in which each person / family name is allocated certain shares and that is used as default for all calculations in that group? One should be able to overwrite it, if a certain family member does not join - but the minute I click on the Shares icon it can prepopulate the shares based on group settings. That will make it more usable for families and not just individuals.

• Rushi Patel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

every time it will take more time to change same sharing... it will be great if we can save sharing

• Ibnu Nawila commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i always use unequal split by shares. which means for ur case it's 2 shares for u, 1 share for ur folk and voila!

• M Hanson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to see this feature/functionality.

My SO and I split our bills based on individual earnings, so it would be great to be able to save a %split rate. IE: He makes $100k/year and I make 70k year so our effective split rate is 59%/41%. Please let us know if this is on the dev roadmap. Thanks!

• Bonnie McWilliam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just completed the Splitwise Pro Survey which asked me how useful to I find the option to Save Default Splits but so far I don't see the option to save default/unequal splits! Am I missing something? This would be SOO helpful as my partner and I split every expense by % of our income.

• Auridas Franckevičius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just received an email reply from their support: "Good news, we are developing a "unequal default split" feature for groups."

I suppose it's not far away now. :)

• Matthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, also it's so annoying that nobody even bothers to respond to our comments here! It's been 3 years since the last comment!

• Auridas Franckevičius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't really use this app until you have this feature. I can't waste time by every time setting up the shares or percentages for every bill.

• Maic Lopez Saenz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While this was implemented for groups, and that is great, it would still be very useful to be able to save this settings for specific users. My main case is to split through the same amount of shares with my partner. I created a group to save the unequal split, but now it is cumbersome that bills are in two different places now (directly with the user, and through the group). I have gone back to splitting manually each time in order to have all bills in the same place.

• Matthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this still under review? I'm considering paying for the Pro version of splitwise, but if it takes so much time to implement a feature like that it makes me reconsider.

• Manish Dharmadhikari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes single person pays for entire family in a group of multiple families. So there should be option to assign multiple to single member i.e say member x 2. In this case there is no need to add each member of family

• Marco Silva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My use case, bachelor's party, where the bachelor's expenses are shared equally by everyone in the group but him

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base