I suggest you ...

Save unequal split settings

I always pay 2/3 and roommate pays 1/3 (i sublet one of the rooms, but think couples). % split is great but would be nice not to have to type 66.67 and 33.33 every time.

1,582 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Josh Benjamin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

216 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Auridas Franckevičius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it's safe to say they aren't developing the app anymore. At this pace I will probably develop my own app as it seems there's quite a number of people that would actually pay for this functionality.

• Rafael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Up!

Guys, long life for splitwise. Thank you so much for this app. I'm just waiting for this feature so I will become a pro!

• Facundo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Congratulations for the app. I would love if you can add this because all the charges we make with my partner are in relation to income. So it would be great if you always have the same% saved. gacias!

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now I see that this was first proposed over six years ago with the last admin comment from over three years ago. Is Splitwise currently being maintained? If so, where are the enhancements going? I may be expecting a bit much from a free product!

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I requested a saved percent group split setting a year ago, and its still on the "possible improvements" list? Pretty old school pace you folks are setting! Its unworkable for each person to type in a split that may change during the event. At the end, you have to edit each bill using the final split. Easier to pull out the data and put into a spreadsheet. The split should be visible to everyone. I put three votes on this enhancement. Hoping others will too!

• Javi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also need this feature. If you'd make it premium, I'd consider becoming it. Most of the time for our groceries we do 60%-40% as she eats less. It's annoying having to do this everytime

• Guilherme Campos Camargo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this, guys! It is soo annoying having to do the math every time and type the numbers I want to pay something half/half as a couple.

• Ariel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so needed, cause me and my friend always use for lent 100% to each other,but we need to choose this every time.

• Anmol Arora commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a Developer myself. I would love to help you guys implement this feature. I really need this feature.

• Abhijeet Vaidya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You enable me to split an expense by shares. That is awesome as typically expenses are made by a family and the split is by the number of people in that family (headcount). Unfortunately, I have to enter the shares for every expense. Could we not configure a group in which each person / family name is allocated certain shares and that is used as default for all calculations in that group? One should be able to overwrite it, if a certain family member does not join - but the minute I click on the Shares icon it can prepopulate the shares based on group settings. That will make it more usable for families and not just individuals.

• Rushi Patel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

every time it will take more time to change same sharing... it will be great if we can save sharing

• Ibnu Nawila commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i always use unequal split by shares. which means for ur case it's 2 shares for u, 1 share for ur folk and voila!

• M Hanson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to see this feature/functionality.

My SO and I split our bills based on individual earnings, so it would be great to be able to save a %split rate. IE: He makes $100k/year and I make 70k year so our effective split rate is 59%/41%. Please let us know if this is on the dev roadmap. Thanks!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base