I suggest you ...

Save unequal split settings

I always pay 2/3 and roommate pays 1/3 (i sublet one of the rooms, but think couples). % split is great but would be nice not to have to type 66.67 and 33.33 every time.

1,362 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Josh Benjamin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

180 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joe Grafe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be able to set a default Splitting method in your account for every bill to start as. The majority of my splits are unequal shares and it takes just a little too long to get through the method> other > payer > shares > share split for every item.

• M B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would save a lot of time. Definately a go, and an easy feature

• Pranjal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah such an obvious feature is missing. Just remember the split percent settings for each group, or atleast remember the last split percent.

• Prasenjit Biswas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to split expenses on no of share or percentage basis is fabulous, within a trip the shares need to be mentioned for every expense entered.

If the ratio of expenses can be fixed for entire trip, it would be more user friendly.

Hope to see the update soon.

Thanking you

• Rohit Algonquin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my account didn't able to split equally with everyone when i add some bills into app... please fix my problem as fast as possible

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unequal split settings work for reoccurring bills! That is great, but would also be great to have for an entire group!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah this is my number 1 annoyance using splitwise... downstairs neighbors pay 2 shares, I pay 1 share, my girlfriend pays 1 share, and for every single household bill I have to set the share amounts by hand.

• christos.porios commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not having this was super annoying in our 7 people sailing trip, where everyone was staying a different amount of nights on the boat. it's impossible to change the amount without recalculating the percentages, which is not trivial

Guys, this has been in your plans since 2012, the last update being 2 and a half years ago. When is this feature coming?

I have a group to track expenses for a household, and it things are not split equally by all members, every time one of us adds an expense, we have to remember to set the percentages properly, and that doesn't always happen. Which creates confusion and further effort to have to review everything every month.

It would be great if under the group settings advanced options you could set the percentage split for all the members of the group so when a new expense is added the percentage split would set to those defaults.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I split the costs of our home with my wife (we keep our finances separate, it's complicated...).
        I would really like it if this could connect to our utility accounts, then based on the % we have each agree to pay of each bill (e.g. I pay 75% of the internet bill but we split electric 50/50), let us know how much we owe at the end of the month based on all of our bills combined. Then, instead of me keeping track of how much I/she owe each month, the app does it. Happy to talk more about this- if it could do this, that would be awesome.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base