I suggest you ...

Save unequal split settings

I always pay 2/3 and roommate pays 1/3 (i sublet one of the rooms, but think couples). % split is great but would be nice not to have to type 66.67 and 33.33 every time.

1,362 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Josh Benjamin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

180 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Charlotte St. John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In our home, we have a 70/30 split on everything we buy. It would be very cool if we could set a default per group basis, where anything that we add to this group automatically splits for us so we can stop clicking so much

• f.assenza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to that, I would also add the possibility to set a fixed person who pays the bills for a group. On the credit card group, for example, the person who pays the bill will always be me so I should be able to set it as default and no need to be asked "who paid the bill" each time.

• f.assenza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have some entry to be able to set 3/4 preset when you try to add a bill, like `paid by you and you owe the full amount` so people can quickly choose the most used ones. Every time I add a note for something I paid for myself I’m first asked “How was this bill split?” but I have to click “more option”, then I tap on my name to say that I paid for it, then I click on the top and select “split unequally” and finally (and this is the most annoying one) I have to type again the full amount of the bill after my name. You can definitely make this smarter/quick.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Saaaaaame issue- Husband and i split 45/55 (proportionate to our salaries) and we want to use splitwise to tab all our expenses etc but we need to put in the ratio for every expense- which is a PAIN. Please please bring this update soon so we can add the ratio to the main group itself <3

• Luis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have seriously considered to create an app to address this particular issue. I dont know what they are waiting for

• Sajal K Basu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whenever I go on a trip, this is absolutely frustrating to modify share every time. Make this default for each group please.

• Romain Failliot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Stephan Kaufmann: the first comment is actually from Sep 2012!!

> Splitwise Support (Admin, Splitwise) responded · Sep 19, 2012
        >
        > I think this is a great idea! It’s something we’ve talked about in
        > the past and plan on doing at some point, though I don’t have
        > a date to give out on it quite yet.

• Romain Failliot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm starting to think devs just don't work on this app anymore :/
        This feature, i.e. being able to save the shares of each member of a group, would honestly be a reason for me to go pro.

Are maybe should I code it myself...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So any updates on this one yet? I really really hope this will be possible soon!

• Cleiton Johnson Crisóstomo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One more idea. When this is implemented, include a calculator, where the value of the monthly income of each User of the user and of the own one is informed, is calculated with precision or value of the proportion of each one

• Cleiton Johnson Crisóstomo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Uma ideia a mais. Quando forem implementar isto inclua uma calculadora, onde será informado o valor da renda mensal de cada usuário e o próprio app poderá calcular com precisão o valor da proporção de cada um

• Tobias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is it really so difficult to reuse the split settings that were used with the last transaction?

• Mike Strickland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So glad so many people are asking for this feature! Obviously the most popular and important improvement that can be made to this already indispensable app. Please add this feature!

• Nicolas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been under review for more than two years now. Any news? I find it absolutely vital and need the functionality dearly. I wouldn't hesitate to sign up to pro, especially at the very fair price point it is right now. But right now I am rather looking into competitors, which is a pity.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base