I suggest you ...

Save unequal split settings

I always pay 2/3 and roommate pays 1/3 (i sublet one of the rooms, but think couples). % split is great but would be nice not to have to type 66.67 and 33.33 every time.

1,006 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Josh BenjaminJosh Benjamin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

126 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AntonioAntonio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My family (4 members) often travel with my brother's family (3 members). It would be great to split by default with shares at 4/3. Now I can do it manually for every expense. I love Splitwise but this is a blocking point, I would be open to pay for "Splitwise Pro" for this feature. If not I would need to move to another App which is able to set default shares for each group.

• Helmar SchützHelmar Schütz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So it has been 3 1/2 years and every year they are postponing the feature. I think it is really useful for groups, please add this soon!

• Suman BhuniaSuman Bhunia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My household utilities are divided by shares. My roommate pays 2 share and I pay 1 share. The current group setting by default divides expenses equally. I am wondering if there is any way I can make my default group setting to divide expenses by shares.

• Suman BhuniaSuman Bhunia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly what I am looking for. I want to split the group expenses by share. Like my roommate pays 2 share and I pay 1 share. Can this setting be added for a group?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if we can save a standard % value for each member of a group. My husband and I are splitting our costs by % due to our income and so we wouldn't have to edit it for every single transaction. Thank you.

• Amber BeriwalAmber Beriwal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suppose I know that in a particular group..divisions would be like 1/10, 4/10, 2/10, 3/10...so option should be there to save it.

• Manish WadhwaniManish Wadhwani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After editing a bill that is split by percentage, it says balance not matched.

e.g. A & B split a bill of 40$. Each share: 50% i.e. 20$. Then bill saved.
        Now, A decides to edit it and make the total of 50$. App should save each share as 25$.
        But it doesn't remember the percentage entered, and just keeps the computed value i.e. 20$.
        So, the total by share is 40$ and total bill is 50$. User has to manually enter the percentage again. Which frankly i believe is an headache.

• Manish WadhwaniManish Wadhwani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When splitting unequally by %, app should store percent values of individual share and not the computed values. So after every edit it'll compute again and user need not be displeased by entering the same details again!

• Jesse ChapmanJesse Chapman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Each month my partner and I split bills differently, but each month for that entire month it's the same percentage split. It would be great if I could set a "default percentage". Like perhaps it's 60/40 until I go back in a change it back to 50/50 or whatever.

• Silas DavisSilas Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another sub-case of this is to set certain people inactive, i.e. 0% split, by default for new payments. For example if they go home half through holiday.

To generalise, it would be nice to be able to have 'Saved splits' functionality, which would be a saved nameable split over any subset of the group (i.e. allow people to be removed or set to 0%). You often seen the same subsets of people on a large trip making payments together.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this either for % split or by shares. Since i also have the same issue with my roommate. The split is uneven between 6 of us(percentage split). And doing the same thing again and again is a pain

• Jack KJack K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using shares definitely works, but it'd be nice to have it as a default setting for the whole group/trip. On a long trip with many expenses it's a pain to set shares for each bill. And it's error prone too. Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base